Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jessie Bates not a prime time player
If he secures that ball its a different game.in fact
It's probably a win for the Bengals.
He had the whole sideline in.front of him
He made a good route recognition playing a spy role

But big time players make big time plays.
Bates is not a big time player.
I would not over pay for this guy.
In fact let him.walk.
Lmao this board is dumb
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
I wouldn't necessarily let him walk but I offer him a mid tier safety contract because that's what he is. Last year was clearly an aberration but it's not like we have anyone else better and I'd rather spend extra money on OL and DL.
While I'd prefer to keep Bates, they better use that saved cap on a really good vet if they let Bates leave.
There should be some good safeties in the draft.
With that said, I don't like to keep trying to replace the best players with draft picks all the time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Thank God they didn't ink him..
(12-12-2021, 10:58 PM)J24 Wrote: Lmao this board is dumb

Ya , we should all agree with the all mighty J24.. How do we be more like you, o great one?
(12-12-2021, 11:09 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya , we should all agree with the all mighty J24.. How do you be more like you, o great one?
Yes you should 
J24

(12-12-2021, 10:53 PM)impactplaya Wrote: If he secures that ball its a different game.in fact
It's probably a win for the Bengals.
He had the whole sideline in.front of him
He made a good route recognition playing a spy role

But big time players make big time plays.
Bates is not a big time player.
I would not over pay for this guy.
In fact let him.walk.

How about that angle he took on the Samuel TD run? Good stuff...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-12-2021, 11:11 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How about that angle he took on the Samuel TD run? Good stuff...

Not only that... How about that absolute beast of an attempt at tackling him? He's a bottom 5 pff safety for a reason..
Cut him.
(12-12-2021, 11:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While I'd prefer to keep Bates, they better use that saved cap on a really good vet if they let Bates leave.
There should be some good safeties in the draft.
With that said, I don't like to keep trying to replace the best players with draft picks all the time.

Precisely even if you think he is overrated (which I don't) why not Tag him and look for a trade partner. Also he is under 25 and was considered the best player at his position last season by PFF and was an 2nd Team All Pro. Giving up on Foundational young players is not a smart idea.
J24

(12-12-2021, 11:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Cut him.

lol…what an irrational post from an irrational person.

“Cut him”.

Jesus.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(12-12-2021, 11:24 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: lol…what an irrational post from an irrational person.

“Cut him”.

Jesus.

Not irrational at all. If a player can't make the plays when you need them to they don't belong. Other teams bench and cut even stars who they feel are not doing it. 
I'm torn on Bates. On one hand, I'm cool with bringing him back on a reasonable deal for both sides. On the other hand, it's pretty concerning that's he had such disappointing overall play in a contact year...even stating that he wasn't focused earlier in the season.

I agree.  I mean there were a ton of people screaming that we should pay Bates Top 5 S money this past off-season.  You'd have to be pretty dumb to think that. 
(12-12-2021, 11:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: Not irrational at all. If a player can't make the plays when you need them to they don't belong. Other teams bench and cut even stars who they feel are not doing it. 

You’re suggesting flat out cutting a 2nd team all-pro player from last year, making 2.5 million this year because he’s performed over slightly above average this season, and had a dropped INT in a game where he actually played decently. And you say that other teams do this?

GTFOH.

This shit is silly.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

As soon as the ball hit Bates in the numbers and he dropped the ball I immediately came out of my chair knowing he just Lewis Billup'd us against the 49ers and even screamed "damn it Lewis Billups" at TV.

There were many plays that could have changed this game and not blaming loss on this play. But that was the moment I knew things were looking dismal and I may be watching history repeat itself.

Deja vu

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Good or bad Bates won’t be here next year. The Bengals won’t tag because he doesn’t deserve that kind of money even if just for a year. They will likely come in a with a mid tier offer which he will refuse and his excuse will be his heart wasn’t in it due to the curcumstances involved and he will walk.

I mean, I agree, but Jessie Bates isnt who he thinks he is

and Im glad the bengals didnt break the bank for him
(12-12-2021, 11:33 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: You’re suggesting flat out cutting a 2nd team all-pro player from last year, making 2.5 million this year because he’s performed over slightly above average this season, and had a dropped INT in a game where he actually played decently. And you say that other teams do this?

GTFOH.

This shit is silly.

Dudes a flat out clown, don’t pay attention to him. I agree that Bates is underperforming, but not cut worthy.