Burrow
Boyd
Perine
Hendrickson
Wilson
Uzi
Others
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jets Game Game Ball
(09-25-2022, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You conveniently didn’t mention his TD reception.

Which is overshadowed by the other possible choices.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:48 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Which is overshadowed by the other possible choices.

Well no shit. Most wins it’s really only between 2-3 guys. There’s nothing wrong with throwing a few more names into the poll almost as “honorable mentions.”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well the boys finally got one in the Win Column so we get to award our first Game Ball of 2022. Lots of candidates. So who we got?

Joe Burrow- 275 yards, 3 TDs, 114.9 Passer rating

Tyler Boyd- 4 catches, 105 yards, 1 TD

Samajae Perine- 71 total yards, 1 TD, killed 8 minutes of the 4th quarter

Trey Hendrickson- 4 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 3 FF

Logan Wilson- 7 tackles, 1 INT

Chidobe Awuzie- 5 tackles, 3 PDs, shutdown his side of the field

Other-

I voted Boyd because his TD seemed to spark the entire team.  Trey was black out Trey today, though, and that is a good thing.  I don't think I have ever seen 3 FF in one game by one player.  

Higgins was amazing, and I want to beat the F out of that Jet defender.  Looked like he was aiming at his head big-time, coming off a concussion that is bullshyt. 

Chase had one of his worst games and was acting like a punk.  Grow up, we know that isn't your normal game.  
Reply/Quote
Perine gets credit for every yard in the 4th Q. Everyone in the stadium knew Perine was going to run and attempt the chew clock. So those yards weren’t garbage at all. One could argue the opposite.

That said, Hendrickson gets my vote.

If Offensive play calling in the 1st half were an option, it would get an honorable mention.

Amazing what the team can do when not using an 8th grade playbook.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well no shit. Most wins it’s really only between 2-3 guys. There’s nothing wrong with throwing a few more names into the poll almost as “honorable mentions.”

So do something about your raging hard on for me and allow people to question why anyone would pick him among the possible choices?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Chase had one of his worst games and was acting like a punk.  Grow up, we know that isn't your normal game.  

What did he do? I must have missed it.

Reply/Quote
My vote went for Trey but an honorable mention for Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:54 PM)Whacked Wrote: Perine gets credit for every yard in the 4th Q. Everyone in the stadium knew Perine was going to run and attempt the chew clock. So those yards weren’t garbage at all. One could argue the opposite.

That said, Hendrickson gets my vote.

If Offensive play calling in the 1st half were an option, it would get an honorable mention.

Amazing what the team can do when not using an 8th grade playbook.

Still seems like players always have to make a play with someone on their ass. Even Boyd's touchdown he had to do a spin-a-rooni and run a gasser.

Chase being open was a miscue by the defense judging from Saleh's expression after the play. How come we can't scheme anyone open?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:54 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: So do something about your raging hard on for me and allow people to question why anyone would pick him among the possible choices?

Feel free to question, but be receptive to your question being answered. Folks have already explained to you how is yards gained were not "garbage time". We'd just come off a 3 and out where we failed to kill any clock. The dude made himself available to earn our 1st TD of the game and our first lead of the season. Dude is money in the blocking game.

Makes one wonder why you'd question his inclusion in the choices..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:11 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Perine gets garbage time yards and that's deserving of a game ball?

I don't think we have the same definition of garbage time.

A 2 score game with over ten minutes left is far from garbage time.

Those first downs were important.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 06:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What did he do? I must have missed it.

He grabbed at Sauce's mouthpiece. The same move that cost us 15 yards last week. 

He's letting DBs get in his head to include the flipping off Micah 

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:05 PM)motoarch Wrote: I don't think we have the same definition of garbage time.

I can only assume (and totally guessing here) dude has slammed Perine in the past and is not happy with him doing well

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He grabbed at Sauce's mouthpiece. The same move that cost us 15 yards last week. 

He's letting DBs get in his head to include the flipping off Micah 

When does competitve spirit become being a "diva". Chase gave me OBJ vibes today with how he was going at Sauce.

He's still got some good secondaries to play against this year. AJ Terrell is in a few weeks, Xavian Howard is Thursday, etc.
Reply/Quote
Don't get the perine hate, he ran way harder than our 50million rb
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Feel free to question, but be receptive to your question being answered. Folks have already explained to you how is yards gained were not "garbage time". We'd just come off a 3 and out where we failed to kill any clock. The dude made himself available to earn our 1st TD of the game and our first lead of the season. Dude is money in the blocking game.

Makes one wonder why you'd question his inclusion in the choices..

Answering the question is one thing, accusing someone of deliberately omitting facts is another. There's a big difference between the two, which is what prompted that specific response to that specific poster.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can only assume (and totally guessing here) dude has slammed Perine in the past and is not happy with him doing well

Feel free to point out any other instance where i've been critical of Perine. I'll wait.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:05 PM)motoarch Wrote: I don't think we have the same definition of garbage time.

I agree.

Hell my definition of "garbage time" running would have been our team letting them run a bunch to burn the clock.

It's the exact opposite if we are using the run game in this instance.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 05:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow for the get right game. He stood in there and made some great throws while under pressure a few times early on, and also did well extending some plays when he had too. Looked like vintage Burrow out there.

Could have easily went to Hendrickson as well. He was a beast. I’ll give Burrow the edge for getting us up early though and allowing Trey to start teeing off on the Jets OL.

This is my sentiment. Burrow's good game was needed to right the ship.
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson but Burrow made some great plays that our O-line would have certainly been credited for sacks had he not.

That O-line is still lacking.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 07:16 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Hendrickson but Burrow made some great plays that our O-line would have certainly been credited for sacks had he not.

That O-line is still lacking.

I’d say the escapes Burrow had to do weren't anything other QBs don’t have to deal with.

With that said maybe only a handful of QBs escape those 3 sacks Burrow escaped.

He’s much better when the line breaks down predictably. When guys are in his lap at snap no one but maybe Lamar Jackson and Kyler can consistently escape that.
-Housh
Reply/Quote