Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets game will be a statement game for Zac Taylor
The Jets got embarrassed yesterday by a very average Patriots team, which makes them dangerous. However, Trey Hendrickson was just on the radio saying they are on to the Jets and doing everything they can to be ready for them.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:15 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Wilson is out. Who's their backup QB?

Luckily it’s not TJ Yates
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Just wanted to get out ahead of it... Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Seriously though, the Jets knocked off Tennessee, so I hope we don't have a let down and look past them. I can't see JoeyB doing that thought.

Yeah, need to mention this all week that the Jets beat a very good team in the Titans.

Watch both the Titans game and the Pats game and implement the Pats plan. I want us to put up 50 on them as well.

Think this Offense could if they get to really clicking. Take what the D gives us like we did against the Ravens and limit turnovers.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, need to mention this all week that the Jets beat a very good team in the Titans.

Watch both the Titans game and the Pats game and implement the Pats plan. I want us to put up 50 on them as well.

Think this Offense could if they get to really clicking. Take what the D gives us like we did against the Ravens and limit turnovers.

The Titans have had some close games.  And also got beat by the Bears.  The Jets beating the Titans on its own doesn't really worry me.  The Jets are getting pounded by teams that seem pretty middle of the road.  If the Bengals do what they're capable of doing, this should be like the Lions game all over again. 
Reply/Quote
Good teams bury the bad ones. This should be like the Lions game.  I don't think it's a "statement game" (yes, I know the thread was made in jest LOL), but they need to take the Jets behind the woodshed.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping the Bengals make the Ratbirds look like world beaters yesterday in NY against the Jets..  73-3..
Sounds reasonable to me. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Enough with the bullshit. Zac is getting another contract and I'm 100% ok with it...
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't look backward my friend, always forward, always forward.....

[Image: giphy.gif]

(10-25-2021, 10:09 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Jets are in really poor shape. Already a bad team and lost their #1 round QB on top of that. It’ll be quite the statement if we lose….

Geez, that would be devastating. It would totally destroy my optimism even though I’m a firm believer in “any given Sunday.”

(10-25-2021, 10:10 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: And I am going to pick the Bengals to lose, because I picked them to lose the last two games and was totally wrong.  Hey, whatever works!

Please make crow a part of your diet. I’m superstitious as f.

(10-25-2021, 07:39 PM)Tony Wrote: Enough with the bullshit.  Zac is getting another contract and I'm 100% ok with it...

He’s done great things with this team in so many ways. Culture, drafts, leadership, etc. Now he has to get the W’s. At the end of the day, that’s all that matters. 

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 01:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The Jets got embarrassed yesterday by a very average Patriots team, which makes them dangerous. However, Trey Hendrickson was just on the radio saying they are on to the Jets and doing everything they can to be ready for them.

Now that I'm home and not posting on the phone, I'll expound on the Hendrickson interview. They asked him how he was able to have a big year last year in NO, and transition so easily into this team and be able t kill it like he is. His answer, Zac Taylor. He said the culture Taylor has built here, and the players he has drafted and brought in, made him feel like this was his home from the first OTA. He said Lou is running simplistic approach that players understand and there is awesome communication with Lou and the position coaches, which allows the defense to play fast without thinking about their assignments. Everyone knows what their job is and they are playing for each other, and to get the ball back for Burrow. It was a great interview. They didn't ask him about Villanuevo, though I wish they had.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not to fear, I already have my can of Skyline  and spaghetti in the pantry..... Wink 5-0 baby!!!

So you and the can of Skyline are to blame for the Bengals two losses huh.  Ninja

Knew Evan could not have missed those two kicks on his own against GB or Da Bears beat us without outside influences or witchcraft going on. 

Thanks for the clarity. 

You're forgiven though and if you have any trouble getting your Skyline let us know so we can help out. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:33 PM)Go Cardsn games Wrote: So you and the can of Skyline are to blame for the Bengals two losses huh.  Ninja

Knew Evan could not have missed those two kicks on his own against GB or Da Bears beat us without outside influences or witchcraft. 

Thanks for the clarity. 

You're forgiven and if you have any trouble getting your Skyline let us know so we can help out. 

No, you must have missed my posts about it. In games where I ate Skyline or Larosa's right before kickoff, the Bengals are 5-0. The Bears game I made wings, and for the Packers game I was at my Dad's in Florida. So in games where I haven't eaten Skyline or LaRosas this year, the Bengals are 0-2. I  now have to follow this routine for as long as it takes me...
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Now that I'm home and not posting on the phone, I'll expound on the Hendrickson interview. They asked him how he was able to have a big year last year in NO, and transition so easily into this team and be able t kill it like he is. His answer, Zac Taylor. He said the culture Taylor has built here, and the players he has drafted and brought in, made him feel like this was his home from the first OTA. He said Lou is running simplistic approach that players understand and there is awesome communication with Lou and the position coaches, which allows the defense to play fast without thinking about their assignments. Everyone knows what their job is and they are playing for each other, and to get the ball back for Burrow. It was a great interview. They didn't ask him about Villanuevo, though I wish they had.

Have heard several players talk with this reverence of Zac as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:03 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: For Zac Taylor, every single game this year needs to be a statement game.  He's got some catching up to do after the last couple of years Wink

Really?? He built this team to get to this position,  you act like we were a playoff team when he took over...
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:14 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The Titans have had some close games.  And also got beat by the Bears.  The Jets beating the Titans on its own doesn't really worry me.  The Jets are getting pounded by teams that seem pretty middle of the road.  If the Bengals do what they're capable of doing, this should be like the Lions game all over again. 

Heard that the Jets are bad at stopping the run which is why it is so surprising that they beat the Titans who are a very good 
running team. The NFL is weird sometimes with these things. Hopefully Mixon and our RB's run on the Jets like the Pats did.

Also lets sack Flacco like 5 or 6 times eh...
Reply/Quote
I normally don't get into the "statement game" talk, but it's hard to argue against the Ravens game being a statement for the team and Zac in particular. He had the guys ready to roll against a great opponent on the road.

The game plan was fantastic, and I feel Zac outcoached John Harbaugh, which is no small task, as much as we all dislike John Harbaugh. Zac earned a lot of respect with that W.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Really?? He built this team to get to this position,  you act like we were a playoff team when he took over...

Agreed. I'm willing to just strike the last 2 years from the record and assume it was a tank/rebuild situation, ala the 76ers. Or the current Browns.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
To win, all the Bengals need to do is play keep away and run it a lot. Although, I like the talk of busting out early so Brandon Allen can get some playing time and rest Joe up for the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 12:24 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. I'm willing to just strike the last 2 years from the record and assume it was a tank/rebuild situation, ala the 76ers. Or the current Browns.

but if we were tanking we wouldnt have gone for it on 4th down so much it was trying and failing...

They are playing well now.  but that doesn't erase years 1 and 2
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 10:03 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but if we were tanking we wouldnt have gone for it on 4th down so much it was trying and failing...

They are playing well now.  but that doesn't erase years 1 and 2

You can tank when making a roster and not actually give up/tank on game days. You just coach the guys you have and inevitably come up short. If they were actually quitting and didn’t care we would have seen it in the effort during games. Players wouldn’t like Zac so much if that’s the show he ran.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 10:19 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: ...If they were actually quitting and didn’t care we would have seen it in the effort during games.

Good point! Even though they were BAD, last year, they never "quit."  Unlike the infamous throw-it-out-of-bounds-on-4th-down play that Dalton did, when you could SEE the "QUIT" on his face!
Reply/Quote