Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jets game will be a statement game for Zac Taylor
(10-27-2021, 10:19 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: You can tank when making a roster and not actually give up/tank on game days. You just coach the guys you have and inevitably come up short. If they were actually quitting and didn’t care we would have seen it in the effort during games. Players wouldn’t like Zac so much if that’s the show he ran.

zach and crew doing better yes but lets not pretend year 1 and 2 were the plan
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 01:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: zach and crew doing better yes but lets not pretend year 1 and 2 were the plan

Plan to tank or not, the roster wasn’t good and was decimated by injuries. He inherited a bad roster and decided to go the route of bringing in new system and players to match what he wanted to do. It was never going to be pretty. It could have been better if we ran a system to match the players but even then it would have been Marvin Lewis year 17. If that’s what the fans and FO wanted they would have kept Marvin for another year. The FO and Taylor wanted to completely change things up and they did that. That kind of change doesn’t happen overnight, see the 15 times or so the browns tried it the last two decades only to fire coaches before they ever stood a chance.

Not saying Zac is the greatest coach of all time or even a success at this point, but he never deserved the amount of hate he got around here. A quick turnaround was never going to happen with the roster he inherited. He doesn’t need to make up for year one and two. He just needs to show that those years were building something. It was obvious before this year he was successfully building the right culture with the right players. Now the results are showing on the field as well. He still has plenty of work to do but it’s going in the right direction and is a PROCESS if you do it the right way for lasting success.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we are focused on the game at hand we should throttle the Jets. The Stains are a bigger threat in absolute terms as Keenum is actually a better QB than Hayseed.
Reply/Quote
You sure as hell don’t wanna lose this game. You are getting media love, the aura of practice feels good and you’ve built amazing momentum. Losing to the bum ass Jets would hurt. Trap game 100%. Luckily i feel like Burrow isn’t the guy to get too low in the lows and too high in the high points. The team is also appearing to feed off his swag. Burrow operated like a 5 year senior at LSU and he operates like a 5 year vet right now. It’s amazing to see honestly
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:07 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is actually a really good point.  I know you were kidding, but the Jets beat the Titans and then the Titans have gone on to beat Buffalo and the Chiefs.  

It just goes to show you that the NFL is the NFL and not college.  There are no bye weeks, except for the actual bye week.  

Yep

Every game it's on. You let up and you're beat.
Reply/Quote
IF this team has arrived, they will not lose to the Jets.

Good teams, do not look past the weaker teams, they take one game at a time!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 12:22 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I normally don't get into the "statement game" talk, but it's hard to argue against the Ravens game being a statement for the team and Zac in particular. He had the guys ready to roll against a great opponent on the road.

The game plan was fantastic, and I feel Zac outcoached John Harbaugh, which is no small task, as much as we all dislike John Harbaugh. Zac earned a lot of respect with that W.

Yeah, it was a statement to everyone including us fans. John Harbaugh is a damn good HC that has outcoached HC's in the 
Playoffs and in Super Bowls. This is no small task, Zac outcoached this guy and Wink Martindale who is a great DC in their 
house and did it better than anyone ever has. Lou did the same on his side of the ball, was extremely impressive.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Burrow and hopefully by extension the rest of the team are not letting up:

Quote:“We’re in a place that we haven’t been in a while but we’re not satisfied with where we are,” Burrow said. “We’ve got to go out to practice every day, keep getting better, because other teams are going to keep getting better as well. We’ve got bigger aspirations than 5-2. So we’ve got to keep getting better every day, go out to practice, get through our reps, come back in and watch the film — just keep grinding.”
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 04:58 PM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Sounds like Burrow and hopefully by extension the rest of the team are not letting up:

We aren't overlooking the Jets, they beat a damn good Titans team. We didn't overlook the Lions and they were winless.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We aren't overlooking the Jets, they beat a damn good Titans team. We didn't overlook the Lions and they were winless.

They should handily beat this team and based on what we have seen this yr, they are different and I will assume they show up to handle the business at hand....but for the life of me I still cant shake that feeling I get everytime they play a team that has a rookie or some unkown QB and they guy lights it up..I need this game to exorcise that demon from my mind.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I don't think the Bengals will fall victim to the trap game adage. Zac is pretty consistent in his pressers about what it takes to win and the such. I offer one of his coaching strengths is having the team emotionally ready to play every game day. Let's just hope he calls a good offensive game.

This is one time I am certainly grateful that Marvin Lewis and his culture are gone.   This is exactly the type of game that a riding-high Bengals team would allow to get by them....a losing team with a no-name QB who suddenly looks like the second coming of Joe Montana when an ML team comes to town.  I just don't get that vibe with this team where I would always hold my breath before.    Now, I don't hate Marvin Lewis, I am grateful for him leading us out of the desert.   But he had limitations.... and one of them was letting his players get too full of themselves.
Reply/Quote
Need to take care of business this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 05:25 PM)kalibengal Wrote: They should handily beat this team and based on what we have seen this yr, they are different and I will assume they show up to handle the business at hand....but for the life of me I still cant shake that feeling I get everytime they play a team that has a rookie or some unkown QB and they guy lights it up..I need this game to exorcise that demon from my mind.  

Those were the Marv days but yeah, I definitely understand that feeling Kali. The TJ Yates of the world that haunted us.

Just don't see that happening at all with THIS Defense. I think we EXORCISE THE DEMONS come Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Looks like we won't be getting Joe Flaccido after all. Reports on the radio yesterday said he wont arrive at the Jets facility until Friday.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 08:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Looks like we won't be getting Joe Flaccido after all. Reports on the radio yesterday said he wont arrive at the Jets facility until Friday.

Soooooooooooo, he travels as fast as he runs. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Honestly I'm waiting for the announcement that he's retiring.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 08:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Looks like we won't be getting Joe Flaccido after all. Reports on the radio yesterday said he wont arrive at the Jets facility until Friday.

Alright so what kind of QB is this Mike White guy? I have no knowledge of him whatsoever...

Is he a running QB? Is he a pocket passer?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 10:16 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Soooooooooooo, he travels as fast as he runs. Mellow

He watched Lamar get sacked 5 times and and said "Yeah, I'll be there next week"
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Just wanted to get out ahead of it... Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Seriously though, the Jets knocked off Tennessee, so I hope we don't have a let down and look past them. I can't see JoeyB doing that thought.

Statement game on Zac.
Reply/Quote
What a statement
Reply/Quote