Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jill Stein's Comments on FBI's decision on HRC
(07-13-2016, 09:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Good thing I was just stating my own opinion. As a member of the electorate, I do help decide what experience is enough to be President. As a white male who does not own land, the forefathers wouldn't have wanted me voting (thought maybe my car would be the equivalent of owning a mule back then...). They were very discriminatory in that sense. They also wanted to make sure that they could have the final say in case the common voter elected someone without the right experience, so they established a system that took direct voting for the executive away from the people. 

But, hey, I don't want to take away from this opportunity for you to act like an asshat. I know you're still upset that I exposed your blog as being full of lies. 

I love the word asshat and I give you kudos for the proper use of the word.

Oh, and also for knowing your history.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-13-2016, 09:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I know you're still upset that I exposed your blog as being full of lies. 

Wait..... a blog ?
I was on a short vacation.
What did I miss ?
(07-13-2016, 09:08 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: But, hey, I don't want to take away from this opportunity for you to act like an asshat. I know you're still upset that I exposed your blog as being full of lies. 

Oh you give yourself too much credit and could most likely injure your shoulder with all the self back patting. Your opinion of a reference I cited means very little and definitely does not "upset" me.

I'm just seeing a discriminatory side that had previously been hidden behind words. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-13-2016, 12:17 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Wait..... a blog ?
What did I miss ?

It was a source I cited in the BLM thread; not actually my blog and has zero to do with this topic. The more petty among us just bring views from other threads into every thread they visit. Feel free to go to the BLM thread read the posts/sources and form your own conclusions. 

(07-13-2016, 12:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was a source I cited in the BLM thread; not actually my blog and has zero to do with this topic. The more petty among us just bring views from other threads into every thread they visit. Feel free to go to the BLM thread read the posts/sources and form your own conclusions. 

Gotcha....
I'll have a look.
Thanks !

Side Note: If any of you had a blog, I'd check it out.
(07-13-2016, 12:52 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Gotcha....
I'll have a look.
Thanks !

Side Note: If any of you had a blog, I'd check it out.

Every once in a whole I get ambitious and think about starting one. Then I realize how boring my life is and don't bother.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-13-2016, 12:17 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Wait..... a blog ?
What did I miss ?

He posted some conservative blog post that distorted what an actual news article wrote about a BLM protest during the Toronto Pride parade and he treated it like the gospel truth. 

When you click on the actual article, it turns out that what the blog insinuated was false. When I pointed this out, he got upset and told me I didn't show that what he posted was wrong even though it was clear that the article didn't say what his blog post said. 

Apparently he is still upset. I think he is still upset that his BFF got banned for being a garbage human being.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-13-2016, 12:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was a source I cited in the BLM thread; not actually my blog and has zero to do with this topic. The more petty among us just bring views from other threads into every thread they visit. Feel free to go to the BLM thread read the posts/sources and form your own conclusions. 

(07-13-2016, 02:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Welp Pat doesn't get to make the rules and it appears to be a good thing; as he is discriminatory. Luckily the forefathers did not agreewith your requirements. 

Who brought that view into this thread?
(07-13-2016, 01:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Every once in a whole I get ambitious and think about starting one. Then I realize how boring my life is and don't bother.

You're far from boring, friend.
ThumbsUp
(07-13-2016, 01:19 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Every once in a whole I get ambitious and think about starting one. Then I realize how boring my life is and don't bother.

In a world seemingly overrun with people who insist on sharing a picture of every meal they consume, I gotta believe you and your proposed blog can hurdle that bar.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
(07-13-2016, 08:50 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You're far from boring, friend.
ThumbsUp

I am an accountant. Married to an English professor. Mellow

(07-13-2016, 08:59 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: In a world seemingly overrun with people who insist on sharing a picture of every meal they consume, I gotta believe you and your proposed blog can hurdle that bar.  

Yes, but pictures don't involve words. In a world where people take their information in 140 character bites you have to wonder about attention spans for reading. It's interesting to me that I say this as someone that actually still reads blogs.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-13-2016, 08:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Who brought that view into this thread?

Pat did when he suggested being a Doctor was not the required experience to be POTUS. Did you not read it? 

This hilarious attempt to pretend like you didn't drag shit over from another thread would hold more water if you used discriminatory correctly.

Stating experience as a physician isn't necessary experience for being the President of the United States isn't discriminatory. It doesn't show prejudice and an unfair distinction that lacks basis in merit.

But please continue to call people immature...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-13-2016, 09:27 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I am an accountant. Married to an English professor. Mellow

Yet you are a man who sings with a group of like-minded men joyously in a bar.
You also (quite possibly unknowingly, sometimes) remind us of our humanity and give soulful direction.
You have far more effect on people than you give yourself credit for.
It could be a calling that you've ignored, in humility.
(07-13-2016, 09:58 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Yet you are a man who sings with a group of like-minded men joyously in a bar.
You also (quite possibly unknowingly, sometimes) remind us of our humanity and give soulful direction.
You have far more effect on people than you give yourself credit for.
It could be a calling that you've ignored, in humility.

Okay, so, this is weird. Twice in as many days now I have been referred to as humble. LOL

(07-13-2016, 10:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Okay, so, this is weird. Twice in as many days now I have been referred to as humble. LOL

Don't let it go to your head.

Wait....
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-13-2016, 10:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: Don't let it go to your head.

Wait....

Nah. I have things to be proud of, but I am a chronic self-deprecator.

(07-13-2016, 10:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Okay, so, this is weird. Twice in as many days now I have been referred to as humble. LOL

We all secretly refer to you as Friar Tuck.
It's true.
Ninja