Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Acosta
Surprised to see no thread on this.  Acosta got temp(perma?)bant for getting physical with a female intern.  Thoughts?

Partial vid for those who haven't seen.

[Image: 4e1mn2i8kyw11.gif]
She went for the mic and he went for the karate chop!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
To be fair; I think Matt referenced the interview and his displeasure of it in another thread. This dude just did Trump and his base a huge favor.

Personally, I feel a little more disdain for his actions because they were directed toward a woman; but I'm an unapologetic sexist.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-08-2018, 02:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: This dude just did Trump and his base a huge favor.

Yep.

My thoughts are that this is moronic behaviour, something better left to Trump and alt-righters.
I do not think it's exactly a #metoo or physical abuse issue though.
I haven't commented much the past 6 or so years, but I am missing where he assaulted her. Watching it live, she ran quickly and grabbed the mic from him.

Am I missing something? Not arguing, but I don't see the assault. *Shrugs*
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
(11-08-2018, 02:49 AM)jmccracky Wrote: I haven't commented much the past 6 or so years, but I am missing where he assaulted her. Watching it live, she ran quickly and grabbed the mic from him.

Who said she was assaulted? 

(11-08-2018, 02:49 AM)jmccracky Wrote: I haven't commented much the past 6 or so years, but I am missing where he assaulted her. Watching it live, she ran quickly and grabbed the mic from him.

Typical male chauvinst.  I don't know where you are from but where I live men don't use force against women like that.

When she grabbed the mike her arm hit his, and he held onto the mike. With both hands.  We all know exactly what a reporter is supposed to do if an aide suddenly runs up and grabs his microphone in mid question as he is looking at the president. So he "put hands on her" without her permission according to the White House.  So press pass revoked.

Finally we have a president who won't stand for ill treatment of women, and he is leading the way by example.  And the offender is one of those liberals always complaining about the president's misogyny. 

Now both sides do it and it's just plain wrong and that's why we are all talking about this assault rather than the precipitating question and how it was shut down with the reporter.
(11-08-2018, 03:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who said she was assaulted? 

What do you call placing your hands on a woman without her permission?

Stop looking at the video evidence and read the White House response!

https://kdvr.com/2018/11/07/white-house-suspends-cnns-acosta-after-trump-confrontation/
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders released a statement accusing Acosta of "placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern," calling it "absolutely unacceptable."
(11-08-2018, 03:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who said she was assaulted? 

"Getting physical." My bad. So, now with my correction, my question still needs answered. 
(11-08-2018, 03:25 AM)Dill Wrote: What do you call placing your hands on a woman without her permission?

Stop looking at the video evidence and read the White House response!

https://kdvr.com/2018/11/07/white-house-suspends-cnns-acosta-after-trump-confrontation/
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders released a statement accusing Acosta of "placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern," calling it "absolutely unacceptable."

So who said she was assaulted? You can answer the question or just randomly bold words. 

(11-08-2018, 03:30 AM)jmccracky Wrote: "Getting physical." My bad. So, now with my correction, my question still needs answered. 

So your question now is Where did he get physical with her?

When she attempted to take the mike from him and he resisted. 

(11-08-2018, 03:33 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So your question now is Where did he get physical with her?

When she attempted to take the mike from him and he resisted. 

Ok then. That was him being physical? Got it. Still confused a little. 

I value SSF's opinion, because even when I don't agree with him, I respect his answers. My question was directed at him for clarity. I respect your take on it too. 
(11-08-2018, 03:31 AM)bfine32 Wrote: So who said she was assaulted? You can answer the question or just randomly bold words. 

Don't see any words bolded there, randomly or otherwise.

I don't say she was assaulted. I don't think she was.

I just call attention to a WH behaving as if she were. That's the implication of phrasing like "placing hands" on her. 
(11-08-2018, 03:40 AM)Dill Wrote: Don't see any words bolded there, randomly or otherwise.

I don't say she was assaulted. I don't think she was.

I just call attention to a WH behaving as if she were. That's the implication of phrasing like "placing hands" on her. 

So you could have saved us time and words by answering: "Nobody said she was assaulted"

That skank tried to take the microphone out of his hand and he pushed her hand away. If that was Joe Nixon holding that mic and she tried that, he would of punched her in the face. Acosta was asking the Orangutan hard questions he didn't want to answer. Obviously a setup.
He should apologize to her. Clearly there is 'some' force. Her shoulder moves down also from it.
Her hand is pulling at his hand holding the microphone . If we are playing the "technically" game here about "putting hands" on people then she "technically" put her hands on him first.
Having an intern trying to get a mic out of a journalist. Even in China, they don't do that.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Acosta was out of hand, especially after this incident. He was rude to his colleagues with his behavior. I really don't care much about the way he interacts with Trump or SHS, I expect an adversarial role, but the way he continued on while his colleagues were trying to do their jobs was wrong.

As for the physical contact thing, it's bullshit. She made contact first as she went to grab the mic away, he went to push her away, immediately stopped and said "excuse me, ma'am." This is what came from the head of the White House Correspondence Association who was sitting next to Acosta. This is nothing more than the White House trying to find any reason to get Acosta out of the briefing room.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
I agreed in the other thread that his best play is to sit down and allow Trump to remain the one looking foolish.

But if the WH used THAT as an excuse to ban Acosta they really stretched.

Her shoulders and arm go down as she trying to pull the mic from him and his arm is on hers.

But given that we live in the age of "alternate facts" if you give Trump and his crones any little bit to spin they will jump all over it.

Best to bow before the Emperor and hope you can get a real answer in the minute you are allowed to speak.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.