Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Bob Cooter.......
I may be in the minority but I DONT want the following for our next Head Coach......

Hue Jackson
Matt Patricia or Josh McDaniels (both a product of Bellicheck, Josh already failed miserably once)
Anyone on the current staff (Lazor, Pauly G or D Simmons)
Gruden (he isn't coming here so why bother)

What this teams needs is:

A whole house cleaning and fresh slate........

An offensive minded coach

My Pick is.....

JIM BOB COOTER
Click here for his Bio
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
He's pretty young, but his resume is strong despite his age. Those years with the Broncos were likely a springboard for his learning curve.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What about the OC from the Rams, Matt LaFleur?
He turned a bad Rams offense into a pretty damn good one and he was the Falcons QB coach when Matt Ryan and the Falcons went to the SB.
I don't think it's any coincidence that Goff has become so much better with McVay at HC and LaFleur at OC.

Bio on Matt LaFleur - http://www.therams.com/team/coaches/matt-lafleur/fd03d3b3-7116-4bfd-bb25-efa756cd8391

And with LaFleur being a QB guy, perhaps he would push for the Bengals to move on from Dalton and/or McCarron and go for some young blood in the draft?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 05:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What about the OC from the Rams, Matt LaFleur?
He turned a bad Rams offense into a pretty damn good one and he was the Falcons QB coach when Matt Ryan and the Falcons went to the SB.
I don't think it's any coincidence that Goff has become so much better with McVay at HC and LaFleur at OC.

Bio on Matt LaFleur - http://www.therams.com/team/coaches/matt-lafleur/fd03d3b3-7116-4bfd-bb25-efa756cd8391

And with LaFleur being a QB guy, perhaps he would push for the Bengals to move on from Dalton and/or McCarron and go for some young blood in the draft?

The Rams also added a Pro Bowl LT, C, and 2 dynamic, young WR's.

Add 4 quality players to our offense and it improves in a hurry too.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 05:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What about the OC from the Rams, Matt LaFleur?

He's bright and a future NFL HC but Im afraid he's a bit too young, I also think a lot of the Rams success is thanks to McVay
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

Right there with ya on this one  

I do like me some cooter though  Pervert But seriously, I think he will make a solid head coach. 

Another thing we have to consider is if Denver fires Vance Joseph.. Do we make a move? It's only his first year and there's  not a single QB worth a damn on that roster. I could see Elway making a knee-jerk reaction and firing him before he barely even starts his HC tenure.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 05:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Rams also added a Pro Bowl LT, C, and 2 dynamic, young WR's.

Add 4 quality players to our offense and it improves in a hurry too.

Or you're looking at it the wrong way and maybe LaFleur had a big part in bringing in those pieces...
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 05:50 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Right there with ya on this one  

I do like me some cooter though  Pervert But seriously, I think he will make a solid head coach. 

Another thing we have to consider is if Denver fires Vance Joseph.. Do we make a move? It's only his first year and there's  not a single QB worth a damn on that roster. I could see Elway making a knee-jerk reaction and firing him before he barely even starts his HC tenure.

I would be shocked if Elway did this however I also like VJ but think he has a salty taste in his mouth about the way we held him back from other interviews when he was here as a DB coach.

In an era of wide open football and the NFL protecting all these players I think an offensive minded coach is the way to go...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 05:50 PM)corpjet Wrote: He's bright and a future NFL HC but Im afraid he's a bit too young, I also think a lot of the Rams success is thanks to McVay

Uhh...Matt LaFleur is 38 years old. Sean McVay, the Rams HC, is just 31 years old. LaFleur is not too young by any means.
Kyle Shanahan, the HC for the 49ers, is 37 years old.
Embrace the youth movement!

EDIT - Jim Bob Cooter is 33 years old, so LaFleur is five years older than him!
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Charged with aggravated burglary.

Yep. THAT'S the way to change the franchise around from one of criminals and dumbasses.
Reply/Quote
"Jim Bob Cooter,"

Has got to be the biggest hick, redneck name on this planet.

Just going by stereotypes, not trying to make fun of the guy.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 05:53 PM)corpjet Wrote: I would be shocked if Elway did this however I also like VJ but think he has a salty taste in his mouth about the way we held him back from other interviews when he was here as a DB coach.

In an era of wide open football and the NFL protecting all these players I think an offensive minded coach is the way to go...

If hes available I'm sure the HC Paycheck can wash any salt out
Reply/Quote
Cooter would in interesting.. Plus we get to say Cooter a lot more
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 07:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cooter would in interesting.. Plus we get to say Cooter a lot more

But, what if he's just like Marvin?  I mean, we don't want a clappy Cooter.

[Image: COCpkooWgAANXta.png]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm going to hope our HC in 2018 is either Marvin Lewis or Paul Geunther. Hey, I just want to be right about something for a change, and I'm thinking there is a 97% chance it's one of these bums.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 07:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm going to hope our HC in 2018 is either Marvin Lewis or Paul Geunther. Hey, I just want to be right about something for a change, and I'm thinking there is a 97% chance it's one of these bums.

Damn! That gives me chills.

Reply/Quote
I completely agree with the OP. Like the Cooter pick and would be very pleased if he was hired. My personal choice is Matt Nagy from the Chiefs. Former college, AFL and NFL QB, that’s studied under Andy Reid.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 06:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: "Jim Bob Cooter,"

Has got to be the biggest hick, redneck name on this planet.

Just going by stereotypes, not trying to make fun of the guy.

It was rejected as a Clampett relative's name for being too hillbilly to be believed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 05:53 PM)corpjet Wrote: I would be shocked if Elway did this however I also like VJ but think he has a salty taste in his mouth about the way we held him back from other interviews when he was here as a DB coach.

Denver is more than a QB away. Their defense has imploded. I'm talking their great defense is bad now.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 07:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm going to hope our HC in 2018 is either Marvin Lewis or Paul Geunther.  Hey, I just want to be right about something for a change, and I'm thinking there is a 97% chance it's one of these bums.

You know the board will be happy about Guenther.

He's more of the same. He's been with Marvin since like 2002. He's Marvin Jr. He's not going to have a drastically different philosophy.
Reply/Quote