Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Harbaugh?
(12-06-2020, 09:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I figure he has to be finished at Michigan.  He has not won a bowl game since 2015.  He is 2-4 this year and only 29-16 since 2016.  He is just 3-8 against OSU and Mich St.

People claim he is hard to get along with, but his NFL resume is incredible.  In just 4 seasons he had 44 regular season wins, 5 post season wins, and a Super Bowl appearance.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Would be fun to see the Harbaugh brothers battle it out twice a year...talk about intense games.
Reply/Quote
I'd take him. ZT is the Ryan Finley of head coaches. Anyone with a resume that shows any modicum of success is an upgrade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As a Michigan fan, trust me you don't want Jim. He's mediocre
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd take him.  ZT is the Ryan Finley of head coaches.  Anyone with a resume that shows any modicum of success is an upgrade.

That's great. And true

Bring on Harbaugh. He is no doubt and upgrade to Zac weenie Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:28 PM)Trademark Wrote: As a Michigan fan, trust me you don't want Jim. He's mediocre

Who cares about what he did in college? In the NFL he’s 44-19-1 with a .695 win %

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:28 PM)Trademark Wrote: As a Michigan fan, trust me you don't want Jim. He's mediocre

Actual .500 mediocrity would translate into 12 more wins in the past 2 years.
Reply/Quote
Like you said,I would take him in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
Do we really need another whiny Harbaugh in the AFC North?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Jim Harbaugh,plus a good GM might,just might,fix this team.At least it would be a good start.
Reply/Quote
Can’t stand the guy and that was before he ever set foot in Ann Arbor as a coach. That being said, winning fixes a lot of shit.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Do we really need another whiny Harbaugh in the AFC North?  Ninja

If he takes us to a Super Bowl and beats the Steelers then hell yes.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Do we really need another whiny Harbaugh in the AFC North?  Ninja

Yes. We need one less Zach Taylor in the AFC North. 

College and NFL coaching are 2 different animals. I can name several excellent coaches off the top of my head who weren't able to cross over.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If he takes us to a Super Bowl and beats the Steelers then hell yes.

Just my personal opinion, but Harbaugh would be way down the list of guys I would like to see replace Zac. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:56 PM)SladeX Wrote: Yes. We need one less Zach Taylor in the AFC North. 

College and NFL coaching are 2 different animals. I can name several excellent coaches off the top of my head who weren't able to cross over.

I never brought up anything about college. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just my personal opinion, but Harbaugh would be way down the list of guys I would like to see replace Zac. 

Who would be your top 3?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 12:00 AM)GodFather Wrote: Who would be your top 3?

I actually have 5 guys I think would be good potential choices for different reasons:

Eric Bieniemy is by far my #1 (yes, I know his history, but Ried, Mahomes and Kelce have all went in depth recently as to why he deserves a job, how important he is to the offense and how he motivates everyone around him) That's a big selling point for me.

Robert Saleh

Arthur Smith 

Matt Eberflus

Dan Campbell
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 10:15 PM)Benton Wrote: Depends on the definition of success. It's not the NFL where the goal is a Lombardi.

For starters, Michigan is in the Big 10. Harbaugh has to walk into a kid's locker room and say "Hey, how would you not like to play in the SEC? Want to go to the second best conference!? Looking to reduce your chances of going to the NFL!? I'm your guy!"

There's some sarcasm there, but at the start of the season, the SEC had four times as many players as Big 10 in the NFL, which was the second highest. It makes it hard to recruit.

Second, Harbaugh's worst season (until now) was 8-5.  Half the time he was 10-3. In NFL terms, that's postseason, where anything could happen. Postseason with a team full of SEC players. Record-wise, he's got half the career length but about the same results as Carr and that guy from the 80s (although, admittedly, they had more Bowl wins).

Harbaugh isn't my favorite, but he's done decent as a college coach and did well as an NFL coach.

No way.  If there's one thing we've learned about Harbaugh it's that being a shit talking tough guy motivator doesn't hold up for long when you go out and get your ass handed to you by your chief rivals year after year.   In the AFC North he'd be facing the equivalent of four OSU/Michigan and two Bowl games every year and he's 1-10 in those games.

Jim Harbaugh's recruiting problem isn't the Big Ten, it's Jim Harbaugh.  Harbaugh had competitive classes early at Michigan.  He just failed to produce anything with them.  And unless he's bringing a new GM with him it's not like he's going to close the talent gap in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
I could see him going to coach the Lions, mainly because he's already in Michigan. Who knows? It would be interesting if he were to coach against his brother twice a year in Cincy.

I just want a legit HC. Screw this offensive minded HC stuff. Just hire a legit HC that understands all aspects of the game. Hire an OC that's an offensive genius, and a legit DC as well.
Reply/Quote
Joe Brady
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 12:12 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: I actually have 5 guys I think would be good potential choices for different reasons:

Eric Bieniemy is by far my #1 (yes, I know his history, but Ried, Mahomes and Kelce have all went in depth recently as to why he deserves a job, how important he is to the offense and how he motivates everyone around him) That's a big selling point for me.

Robert Saleh

Arthur Smith 

Matt Eberflus

Dan Campbell

I wanted Bieniemy when we hired Taylor. I was disappointed when I heard Zac was never an OC and never really won as a coach. But I gave him a chance like most. He talked a good talk to the cameras and said all the right things. He continues to fail, though. I'm happy he sucked so much to get Burrow, but furious what his coaching did to increase the likelihood of Joe getting injured. I really don't see how the Bengals don't move on. It's not their MO to fire a coach before the end of the season, though. He's looked in over his head from the get go and never gave us any reason for hope. His career should be finished. Joe getting injured really put the nail in the coffin for Zac to lose his job. Burrow could have really saved Zac's job, so it's a bit of a blessing in disguise that Zac is being exposed as a terrible coach without Burrow. Wish it weren't such a serious injury though.

I like Saleh and Bieniemy as options for sure.  Rock On
Reply/Quote