Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim Hasslet
I am not a big blame it on the coach guy but this guy seriously sucks. Under Burk and previously Guenther that unit was always solid and it didn't have top tier talent either.
Vontaz is unmotivated and is quickly earning the Nickname Garfield, Evans was good in Oklahoma( and known for being a coverage LB) ands on the preseason PFF team last year but yet he dissapoints with his talent, Nickerson was a smart player in college and now he plays like a complete dumbass, and Rey has completely dropped off since he arrived. We fired the wrong coach.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:07 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I am not a big blame it on the coach guy but this guy seriously sucks. Under Burk and previously Guenther that unit was always solid and it didn't have top tier talent either.
Vontaz is unmotivated and is quickly earning the Nickname Garfield, Evans was good in Oklahoma( and known for being a coverage  LB) ands on the preseason PFF team last year but yet he dissapoints with his talent, Nickerson was a smart player in college and now he plays like a complete dumbass, and Rey has completely dropped off since he arrived. We fired the wrong coach.
No we fired the right coach but did not go far enough. Your right Haslett sux and has to go asap, It spoke volumes when a former HC  does not get promoted to DC and Marvin takes over instead. We should have put a spy on Lamar early, but that makes too much sense, None of our coaches are elite, and all of them don't seem to watch film or gameplan at all Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:00 AM)bengaltruth Wrote: No we fired the right coach but did not go far enough. Your right Haslett sux and has to go asap, It spoke volumes when a former HC  does not get promoted to DC and Marvin takes over instead. We should have put a spy on Lamar early, but that makes too much sense, None of our coaches are elite, and all of them don't seem to watch film or gameplan at all Sad

This is the thing that gets me. I mean they had to know if Flacco didn't play it was gonna be a run oriented offense and it seems they had no clue it was coming ! DE's on full out crash inside mode and then they kept doing it well into the game.

Sure there wasn't a lot of NFL film on Jackson but they can't afford youtube ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Haslett needs to go. With that said, the team needs two new backers in next year's draft. They do not have the talent at that position.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:43 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This is the thing that gets me. I mean they had to know if Flacco didn't play it was gonna be a run oriented offense and it seems they had no clue it was coming ! DE's on full out crash inside mode and then they kept doing it well into the game.

There were a few gap issues where the DL got too far upfield to hold their rush lanes, but most of the issues appeared to be from the LBs getting out of position (Nickerson) or allowing themselves to be swallowed up by second level blockers (Burfict). I think Evans looks decent out there. Burfict shouldn’t be on the field if the hip is still an issue. I can’t think Jefferson or Bell would be a significant downgrade at this point. We gave up nearly 300 yards on the ground and LBs are constantly out of position
Reply/Quote
https://mobile.twitter.com/Cianaf/status/1064243560596283394
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:07 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I am not a big blame it on the coach guy but this guy seriously sucks. Under Burk and previously Guenther that unit was always solid and it didn't have top tier talent either.
Vontaz is unmotivated and is quickly earning the Nickname Garfield, Evans was good in Oklahoma( and known for being a coverage  LB) ands on the preseason PFF team last year but yet he dissapoints with his talent, Nickerson was a smart player in college and now he plays like a complete dumbass, and Rey has completely dropped off since he arrived. We fired the wrong coach.

That was the worse offensive play calling I have ever seen.Bill Lazor needs to go.He is just like marvin and way too conservative.I was watching the game and could not believe how awlful the play calling was.He stinks.And this so called team could not tackle a wounded dog.Again a ton of runs that was not stopped.We were led to believe this was a super bowl team.What a joke.I see and 8 and 8 team.As long as we are in this division with the stoolers,we will never win squat.The stoolers own us and will probably win the super bowl AGAIN.Horrible excuse for a team.Its just a huge stinkin joke.And the refs allowed the ravens to hold and do whatever they wanted.I think the refs were showing racism against our black coaches as when Dalton threw the ball to cody core on fourth down,it shows he was CLEARLY interefed  with and was mauled,but no flag.I know most of you on here feel the same way,but need to say so.The refs picked up flags all day with no call and the same thing happened when the stoolers were at our place and number 84 scored,it was a pick play and it was not called allowing the stinkin stoolers to win the game.Unbelievable!!!!!Please put Driskle in,Dalton is awlful and it shows.He is a backup at best.The wrong qb is starting.He is just terrible.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 10:17 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: That was the worse offensive play calling I have ever seen.Bill Lazor needs to go.He is just like marvin and way too conservative.I was watching the game and could not believe how awlful the play calling was.He stinks.And this so called team could not tackle a wounded dog.Again a ton of runs that was not stopped.We were led to believe this was a super bowl team.What a joke.I see and 8 and 8 team.As long as we are in this division with the stoolers,we will never win squat.The stoolers own us and will probably win the super bowl AGAIN.Horrible excuse for a team.Its just a huge stinkin joke.And the refs allowed the ravens to hold and do whatever they wanted.I think the refs were showing racism against our black coaches as when Dalton threw the ball to cody core on fourth down,it shows he was CLEARLY interefed  with and was mauled,but no flag.I know most of you on here feel the same way,but need to say so.The refs picked up flags all day with no call and the same thing happened when the stoolers were at our place and number 84 scored,it was a pick play and it was not called allowing the stinkin stoolers to win the game.Unbelievable!!!!!Please put Driskle in,Dalton is awlful and it shows.He is a backup at best.The wrong qb is starting.He is just terrible.

Sorry, wrong thread.  This one is for bashing Jim Haslet.  The threads on bashing Lazor and Dalton are just down the street..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Disappointingly, Lamar got them for 117 yards rushing. But perhaps even more surprising is Gus Edwards went for 6.8 per and 115 yards.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 10:44 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Disappointingly, Lamar got them for 117 yards rushing.  But perhaps even more surprising is Gus Edwards went for 6.8 per and 115 yards.

Not surprising at all. Baltimore put 9 in the box to force Dalton to pass. The Bengals didn't feel the need to force Lamar to pass. Which if they had he wouldn't have become the star he is this morning.

As for Hasslet, the D hasn't been good since he arrived and brought that failed Washington defense scheme he and our dl coach ran with him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It's amazing...watching other teams you see 2nd and 3rd Round picks contributing at LB year 1. Sometimes 4th round guys and later.

Our guys all wash out. It has to be coaching.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 10:44 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Disappointingly, Lamar got them for 117 yards rushing.  But perhaps even more surprising is Gus Edwards went for 6.8 per and 115 yards.

This what kills me, they knew all they had to do was stop the run. Play the safeties up and play man on the outside. Pressure the kid and if he starts to make completions you mix it up. Marvin has been around for too long. Cleveland beat them with Flacco. We may not win another game. But Marvin's job is safe.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:43 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: This is the thing that gets me. I mean they had to know if Flacco didn't play it was gonna be a run oriented offense and it seems they had no clue it was coming ! DE's on full out crash inside mode and then they kept doing it well into the game.

This has been a problem we've always had under Marvin, and one of my biggest criticisms. It's like he expects the unexpected... until they break out the expected. It's like he tries to play against every team's strength.

(11-19-2018, 10:01 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Haslett needs to go.  With that said, the team needs two new backers in next year's draft.  They do not have the talent at that position.

We've needed a couple quality LBers for years. We try to draft 'em late and hope something works out, and spend our high picks on "safe" picks like OL and CBs.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not surprising at all. Baltimore put 9 in the box to force Dalton to pass. The Bengals didn't feel the need to force Lamar to pass. Which if they had he wouldn't have become the star he is this morning.

As for Hasslet, the D hasn't been good since he arrived and brought that failed Washington defense scheme he and our dl coach ran with him.

You are 100% correct on both accounts!! Our D front 7 went to hell when these 2 schmucks came aboard!
Reply/Quote

A pee wee coach could have made that adjustment, but apparently not Merv...
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 10:01 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Haslett needs to go.  With that said, the team needs two new backers in next year's draft.  They do not have the talent at that position.

Good in theory but this team has never drafted a good LB
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's amazing...watching other teams you see 2nd and 3rd Round picks contributing at LB year 1. Sometimes 4th round guys and later.

I would have rather lost playing Jefferson out there trying to figure it out, than Nickerson, who we all know is slower than syrup in the winter.
Reply/Quote

This team has to get at least two top shelf LBers to have any hope next season and with all our other needs (Oline) there's no way in hell they can draft 4 or 5 starters in one draft. 

A new LB coach and DC will help a bunch but there's not a lot even they can do with our current group.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:03 AM)jj22 Wrote: Not surprising at all. Baltimore put 9 in the box to force Dalton to pass. The Bengals didn't feel the need to force Lamar to pass. Which if they had he wouldn't have become the star he is this morning.

Yup

It's like the coaches had no clue it was coming and no clue how to stop it.

(11-19-2018, 11:06 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's amazing...watching other teams you see 2nd and 3rd Round picks contributing at LB year 1. Sometimes 4th round guys and later.

No doubt !

The players are on the field missing the tackles, getting blocked out, missing assignments etc. But his has been an ongoing problem we see time and time and time again !

We haven't missed that badly on talent year after year after year.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:44 AM)Benton Wrote: This has been a problem we've always had under Marvin, and one of my biggest criticisms. It's like he expects the unexpected... until they break out the expected. It's like he tries to play against every team's strength.

We've needed a couple quality LBers for years. We try to draft 'em late and hope something works out, and spend our high picks on "safe" picks like OL and CBs.

As much as i think they  need OL players, I think a stud early in the draft at the linebacker position is a must.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote