Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim O & Paul Dehner: Who stays, who goes among Bengals FA's?
(01-06-2017, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If Rex isn't re-signed, I'm playing the race card on Marv.   Sarcasm

Seriously, though, he and Gio have similar skill sets and a draft pick like Cook could form a pretty impressive trio.

I don't think Lafell is worth what he will likely get on the open market.  He is solid, but I want to see Cody Core at X receiver, and more of Tyler Boyd.  The Bengals will surely use another draft pick on a speedy WR that needs some seasoning to develop as well.  

Whit MUST be re-signed.  Bengals gambled on two draft picks being able to fill in for him, and that is a giant NO WAY IN HELL.  Don't care his age.  He is still one of the best.  

I know he takes a lot of crap around here, but as many snaps as Peko played, I am surprised they don't feel he will be back and play on more of a rotational basis.  He picked up the slack and then some of Billings and Hardison being injured.

Ditto Hunt.  Guy single-handedly changed the outcome of two games and should have had a third, but the kick missed against the Texans.  He showed improvement at pass rushing as well.  Either that, or he will have fun in New England.  

Would love to re-sign Rex and draft Dalvin Cook if there is not an elite pass rusher in the 1st.

I also really like Core as our X but if the price is right and it sounds it will be you bring back Lafell cause he is solid.

Agreed on Whit, a must that he is back.

Disagree on Peko, he is old and we can get a Draft pick to backup up Billings and just take up space like Peko with a higher ceiling.

Let Hunt battle it out in camp again, i like Clarke better from last year but i wouldn't just throw Hunt away unless we draft some good ones.

Hunt will be really cheap.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 03:55 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I don't think we'll lose both of them, I feel like Kirk will probably be back and Z will be gone. I expect Whit back as well. We have a lot of cap space and they will use it on our guys like usual, so no way we let both our big names go. 

I feel like Z was ready to go after last year.
Id imagine that dude is praying GB or CHI give him a call. If you follow him on social media he never seemed as entrenched in the community as some of the other guys on the list.
Reply/Quote
They really painted themselves into a corner regarding Zeitler. His replacement is not on the roster. He and Whit are the priority in my opinion.

At cornerback you still have options. You have Dennard and WJ3. Unproven, but at least they are first round talent bodies.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 04:55 PM)McC Wrote: If Whit leaves, you'd better hold onto McCarron.  And we're not exactly set at RT.

It would be foolish to hang onto McCarron no matter what happens. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It would be foolish to hang onto McCarron no matter what happens. 

Yep.  The Bengals are not a superbowl contender who are just 1 piece away.  They don't have the luxury of sitting on McCarron, "just in case".  Move him for players/picks that do get you closer to contending.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Bring Kirk back, Drop A Jones. I'm sure everyone agrees on that one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 05:29 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: I feel like Z was ready to go after last year.
Id imagine that dude is praying GB or CHI give him a call. If you follow him on social media he never seemed as entrenched in the community as some of the other guys on the list.

Of course not, his entire football life, he has been used to being a part of an aggressive OL that dominated the opposition.  For him to be forced to be a part of what the Bengals OL direction has been going, is probably against every football fiber in his body.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 09:10 PM)treee Wrote: Bring Kirk back, Drop A Jones. I'm sure everyone agrees on that one.

yup
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Sign Dre
Cut Pacman

Tag Z
Sign Whit to short front loaded deal
Bring in another vet at RT that is an upgrade to Winston
Try to figure out if G and RT need drafted yet again(hint: Let someone else evaluate talent)
Hire an O-line coach and promote Alexander to a non-football related job, because he isn't going anywhere.

Let Rex test FA market and determine if they want to keep him.(If not retained, draft RB in higher round let him compete with Hill)
Sign Peerman

Cut Peko
Cut Maualuga
Sign Dansby if he is reasonable

Sign Lafell to short deal
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 09:41 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Sign Dre
Cut Pacman

Tag Z
Sign Whit to short front loaded deal
Bring in another vet at RT that is an upgrade to Winston
Try to figure out if G and RT need drafted yet again(hint: Let someone else evaluate talent)
Hire an O-line coach and promote Alexander to a non-football related job, because he isn't going anywhere.

Let Rex test FA market and determine if they want to keep him.(If not retained, draft RB in higher round let him compete with Hill)
Sign Peerman

Cut Peko
Cut Maualuga
Sign Dansby if he is reasonable

Sign Lafell to short deal

Run the team Rocker. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 10:36 PM)Burma Wrote: Dear Bengals,
You have no leverage. Zero. Suck it up and deal with it. You overplayed your hand and got burned.  It's time to pay the Piper and you better damn well pay.  You're going to invite him in, make him a nice dinner. Prop his feet up. Let him **** your wife, and thank him when he leaves.  You are going to do this because you have no choice.

I have a feeling this won't be the first time Katie has watched from the corner as she pimps out troys useless fat ass just to save on groceries.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 12:01 PM)GodFather Wrote: If I had to pick the most important to me it would be Whit. With this wreck of an offensive line, he's the one that is stable and dependable. For them to let him go would be a sin. 

Not trying to be a contrarian, but it seemed to me that Whitt kind of fell off a bit this past season. It my be that I think he is the man of steel and my expectations are unrealistically high for him. I sincerely hope it is the latter.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 07:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dre is not replaceable. Especially if Pacman is suspended or cut.

Dre is very replaceable. 1.) We have two first round picks on the roster that can take his place and a third rounder from this season . 2.) Our best defensive game of the year Kirkpatrick didn't play. The guy is very replaceable .
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This team has some key areas that need an upgrade and we know that is only going to happen in the draft. They desperately need RDE, OC, DT, MLB, SLB, K.

Whit, Zeits and Dre all played well last year. The money is there to sign all three. And this would allow them to address other needs in draft. They lost their leverage by not signing them earlier. Once the season ends and the risk of injury disappears then the player has all the leverage.

Cut Mauluaga, MJ and Jones and you have enough to add LaFell and Burkhead with money to spare.

I'm not sure if Gio is going to be 100% for beginning of year so Burkhead may see an opportunity for playing time. This is a deep draft for RB and competing against a recovering Gio and Hill presents a good chance for Rex to get caries.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 05:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I have a feeling this won't be the first time Katie has watched from the corner as she pimps out troys useless fat ass just to save on groceries.

Oh good lord, I forgot I typed up that gem.  Not my best work, the perils of posting while deep into your cups I guess.  Shy

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 10:18 PM)Burma Wrote: Oh good lord, I forgot I typed up that gem.  Not my best work, the perils of posting while deep into your cups I guess.  Shy

One good turn deserves another. Cheers bud. Couldn't have pried out of my mind any better.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2017, 05:39 PM)J24 Wrote: Dre is very replaceable. 1.) We have two first round picks on the roster that can take his place and a third rounder from this season . 2.) Our best defensive game of the year Kirkpatrick didn't play. The guy is very replaceable .

You have no idea if WJ3 will be ready to take anyone's place. And while I think Dennard is getting there, I want at least one proven NFL CB on the team. If Pacman is suspended or cut, that's Dre. Unless you think they can get another CB as good in FA? I don't. 

Reply/Quote