Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim O hits the Big Time
Driving to Lowes this afternoon listening to Sirius radio and guess who they have call in for an interview. Our very own board contributor Jim Owczarski.He broke down the Carlos Dunlap tweet, our "stubbornness" in FA, and our plans in the draft. Just wanted to give him a shout out on a job well done and they seemed eager to have him back. I would recommend upgrading from that Cricket wireless service though.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 03:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Driving to Lowes this afternoon listening to Sirius radio and guess who they have call in for an interview. Our very own board contributor Jim Owczarski.He broke down the Carlos Dunlap tweet, our "stubbornness" in FA, and our plans in the draft. Just wanted to give him a shout out on a job well done and they seemed eager to have him back. I would recommend upgrading from that Cricket wireless service though.

He seems to be a class act and his Packer first hand experience is a plus.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 03:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He seems to be a class act and his Packer first hand experience is a plus.

I forgot to mention that he also talked about trading AJM. He brought up the dynamic of a ruling on AJ getting credit or not for his 1st years. Means the difference between him being a RFA or an UFA next year and affects his tradeability. 

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 04:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I forgot to mention that he also talked about trading AJM. He brought up the dynamic of a ruling on AJ getting credit or not for his 1st years. Means the difference between him being a RFA or an UFA next year and affects his tradeability. 

Did he say when that decision is expect? 

I like the job Jim is doing and glad to see him building his reputation.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 04:07 PM)Burma Wrote: Did he say when that decision is expect? 

I like the job Jim is doing and glad to see him building his reputation.

Nothing official here, but this indicates he is looking at being an RFA: https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/02/bengals-aj-mccarron-contract-2018
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 04:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I forgot to mention that he also talked about trading AJM. He brought up the dynamic of a ruling on AJ getting credit or not for his 1st years. Means the difference between him being a RFA or an UFA next year and affects his tradeability. 

I read since AJM was injured year one, it did not count as a year of service thus he will be  RESTRICTED FREE AGENT IN 2018 VERSUS UNRESTRICTED.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 04:14 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Nothing official here, but this indicates he is looking at being an RFA: https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/02/bengals-aj-mccarron-contract-2018

(03-18-2017, 04:20 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I read since AJM was injured year one, it did not count as a year of service thus he will be  RESTRICTED FREE AGENT IN 2018 VERSUS UNRESTRICTED.

I would say that would lessen the chance of trading him this year

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 04:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I would say that would lessen the chance of trading him this year

I kinda think it increases the odds.  The team getting him has two years of cheap qb play and en extra to observe him.  I think it increases his trade value a little also.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 04:47 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I kinda think it increases the odds.  The team getting him has two years of cheap qb play and en extra to observe him.  I think it increases his trade value a little also.

Value increases big time, but tough for the team to find a back up experienced QB who makes less than 800K a year so no need for us to take  bad deal. Call me crazy, but I say he is worth a late 1sr round or early 2nd round and a 4th before this draft

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 04:47 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I kinda think it increases the odds.  The team getting him has two years of cheap qb play and en extra to observe him.  I think it increases his trade value a little also.

IDK, Bengals like their compensatory draft picks. We'll keep him, and throw a qualifying tender on him next year. So we'll either get a draft pick or have another year of a quality affordable backup

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 04:51 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Value increases big time, but tough for the team to find a back up experienced QB who makes less than 800K a year so no need for us to take  bad deal. Call me crazy, but I say he is worth a late 1sr round or early 2nd round and a 4th before this draft

I agree with that valuation. Or a conditional 3 rd next year that becomes a 2nd based playing time, stats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I always enjoy Jim's stuff and think he does a helluva job.

I think he also deserves major props for contributing to this message board and interacting with fans like he does. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 06:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I always enjoy Jim's stuff and think he does helluva job.

I think he also deserves major props for contributing to this message and interacting with fans as much as he does. 
Absolutely AGREE with this. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 04:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK, Bengals like their compensatory draft picks. We'll keep him, and throw a qualifying tender on him next year. So we'll either get a draft pick or have another year of a quality affordable backup

I agree with BenZoo that the extra year of control raises Mac's value, but I think you're right about how the Bengals will play this hand.

That said, you'd think Mac's feelings would be somewhat of a factor. He'll be 27 in September and his career (in his mind at the very least) is dwindling away on the bench.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Jim's work has kept me from going crazy

Big props
Reply/Quote
Big thanks to Jim for contributing on here.

It is a much better world with his input on board.

Sure our bickering wears him out though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
None of this AJM stuff matters. With our OL in it's current state (and I don't see the FO doing much of anything) he will be a starter by game 3 as we give our condolences to the Dalton family. As for Jim? Class act and love having him as part of our community. I enjoy reading his posts.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 06:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I always enjoy Jim's stuff and think he does helluva job.

I think he also deserves major props for contributing to this message board and interacting with fans like he does. 

Agree 100%
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 06:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I always enjoy Jim's stuff and think he does a helluva job.

Completely agree, Jim has some insight as well and even if i don't like the news it has always been accurate.

This says a lot.

Nothing like Hobspin.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2017, 06:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I always enjoy Jim's stuff and think he does a helluva job.

Agree.  Thanks and congrats to Jim O.
Reply/Quote