Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmy Fallon...
.... Is awesome as a late night host. I think he's taken the genre to places never seen before and will be a staple for the next 25 years.

I think Steven Colbert is infinitely more funny. The question is; will it translate to late night and the current generation of 'A' list Hollywood. I believe he'll pull it off.

Here's to this generations late night talk show 'war' (they're actually very very good friends). Who couldn't like either one?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 10:26 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: .... Is awesome as a late night host. I think he's taken the genre to places never seen before and will be a staple for the next 25 years.

I think Steven Colbert is infinitely more funny. The question is; will it translate to late night and the current generation of 'A' list Hollywood. I believe he'll pull it off.

Here's to this generations late night talk show 'war' (they're actually very very good friends). Who couldn't like either one?

Me!  Never have liked Fallon, from the first time I saw him on SNL to present.  In a way he reminds me of Mike Myers without the talent.  Just my opinion of course.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 11:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Me!  Never have liked Fallon, from the first time I saw him on SNL to present.  In a way he reminds me of Mike Myers without the talent.  Just my opinion of course.

-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 12:33 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote:

What is this from?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Fallon is talented, and I can see how some think he's entertaining. He just doesn't make me laugh - the best he does is draw a "huh....that's funny" from me.

Late Night is dead and has been for a while And Fallon can't possibly save it.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2015, 11:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Me!  Never have liked Fallon, from the first time I saw him on SNL to present.  In a way he reminds me of Mike Myers without the talent.  Just my opinion of course.

No, not just yours. He's a cloying, pandering, giggling idiot. He was a ****-up on SNL and I'm glad he's confined to a show I can completely ignore. He's as sure a sign of the impending apocalypse as you'll ever get. I hope ISIS comes for him first.

Ha, just kidding! But, mostly not.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 04:43 AM)magikod Wrote: What is this from?

Almost Famous.
Reply/Quote
I was a kd when Johnny retired, but I liked him. Didn't like Conan, leno or Dave. But Fallon is great. Finally makes late night interesting.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2015, 10:09 PM)Benton Wrote: I was a kd when Johnny retired, but I liked him. Didn't like Conan, leno or Dave. But Fallon is great. Finally makes late night interesting.

I grew up watching Johnny Carson. To me, no one will ever touch him. His sense of timing was absolutely awesome. He could make you laugh just with a pause or a glance. His characters were hilarious, and when he had new comedians on at the nd of the night, he would literally launch their careers if he liked them and invited them over to the couch after their set.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:47 AM)Beaker Wrote: I grew up watching Johnny Carson. To me, no one will ever touch him. His sense of timing was absolutely awesome. He could make you laugh just with a pause or a glance. His characters were hilarious, and when he had new comedians on at the nd of the night, he would literally launch their careers if he liked them and invited them over to the couch after their set.

This. Carson is the gold standard. The young'ns will never understand.

Letterman (his first show, NOT the CBS version) was brilliant. I liked Craig Frgsuon, too, but definetly an aquired taste. Hoping Colbert can return some class to late night.
Reply/Quote
Johnny Carson got into trouble a lot but he didn't care, he went all out every night...that made Johnny Carson the best there ever was or ever will be. His timing was perfect and he allowed his guests to just let go and to shine, he just helped them along at times.

I don't know who the Pro Golfer was but this Pro Golfer and his wife were on the Tonight Show. After talking a while Johnny Carson asked the golfers wife, "Is there anything special that you do before your husband plays in a tournament?" and the golfers wife said, "I kiss his balls". Johnny Carson turns his head towards the audience and camera with that surprised look he gives and with perfect timing says, "I bet that makes his putter rise" and the audience just roared with laughter. He got into some trouble for that little line because it embarrassed the golfers wife or something like that, lol.

I like Fallon, but he is no Johnny Carson and Fallon is to PC to say anything like the story above...he's too scared.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 02:13 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Johnny Carson got into trouble a lot but he didn't care, he went all out every night...that made Johnny Carson the best there ever was or ever will be. His timing was perfect and he allowed his guests to just let go and to shine, he just helped them along at times.

I don't know who the Pro Golfer was but this Pro Golfer and his wife were on the Tonight Show. After talking a while Johnny Carson asked the golfers wife, "Is there anything special that you do before your husband plays in a tournament?" and the golfers wife said, "I kiss his balls". Johnny Carson turns his head towards the audience and camera with that surprised look he gives and with perfect timing says, "I bet that makes his putter rise" and the audience just roared with laughter. He got into some trouble for that little line because it embarrassed the golfers wife or something like that, lol.

I like Fallon, but he is no Johnny Carson and Fallon is to PC to say anything like the story above...he's too scared.

Another famous Carson quip was when Zsa Zsa Gabor was his guest and brought her white Persian cat. The cat was on her lap while the interview was going on, and Carson finally made some reference to the cat. Zsa Zsa then asked Carson if he would like to pet her puzzy. Carson gave a sly grin and replied "Sure, if you move the cat first".
Reply/Quote
The best thing Fallon has going for him are his segments. Some of them are just so creative and funny. I dont know if thats more of a tribute to him or his producers. Im thinking the latter...

I dont think hes funny and his reaction to everything is just so over the top.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I've tried, I really have, but I cannot stand Jimmy Fallon.
I am also in the minority that thinks Will Ferrell is worth nothing more than bit parts.
Meh....
:snark:
Reply/Quote
His bits are funny, but that's about it. I know they did a study and found that he talks to his guests the least of any talk show host. I think that's to his benefit. I've just never been a fan of him. He used to tick me off on SNL because he would always crack up or just stare into the camera.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 05:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I am also in the minority that thinks Will Ferrell is worth nothing more than bit parts.

Will Farrell is terrible. He ranks right up there with Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey. All three are one trick ponies.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 07:07 PM)Beaker Wrote: Will Farrell is terrible. He ranks right up there with Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey. All three are one trick ponies.

Agree 100% on Sandler. Carey, I never much cared for until Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, one of my favorites. And, The Truman Show isn't. Farrell needs good material and he can be funny, like he was in the first Anchoman movie.
Reply/Quote
I like both The Late Show and The Tonight Show. Fallon has better skits at the moment and I enjoy The Roots and Higgins but Jimmy can be a big kiss ass. Colbert is lacking in the skits but I like him better as a host.

Seth Meyers is my favorite currently though.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2015, 05:46 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I am also in the minority that thinks Will Ferrell is worth nothing more than bit parts.
Meh....
:snark:

(09-01-2015, 07:07 PM)Beaker Wrote: Will Farrell is terrible. He ranks right up there with Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey. All three are one trick ponies.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Big Grin
Reply/Quote

I'm sorry.  But I respectfully disagree.  I have pissed myself, (several times), while watching Step Brothers.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote