Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jimmy Garappolo is a better backup than AJ Mccarron
There I said it.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 09:11 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: There I said it.

Billy B and company always makes his QB's look good. Remember the year Matt Cassel played when Brady was out for the year and they went 11-5? When he went to other teams he never played anything like he did when he was in the Pats system.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 09:14 AM)GodFather Wrote: Billy B and company always makes his QB's look good. Remember the year Matt Cassel played when Brady was out for the year and they went 11-5? When he went to other teams he never played anything like he did when he was in the Pats system.

Totally agree.  It's more than just Brady.  You said it best when you described the 'system'.  Something about them with Bill at the helm.  Seems like they win and do well regardless of who is on the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 09:14 AM)GodFather Wrote: Billy B and company always makes his QB's look good. Remember the year Matt Cassel played when Brady was out for the year and they went 11-5? When he went to other teams he never played anything like he did when he was in the Pats system.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that bad of a thing to be behind Garappolo, being second best backup is high praise. Also, the patriots holding on to the best backup is a prime example offo W much of a luxury a good backup is. You don't see them trading him away and for good reason. I mean, the bengals situation is a little different because macaroni isn't as good but I still think you follow the Pats and keep him around as insurance. Better to lose close with your mediocre backup than have an awful backup and get killed. 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 09:22 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Don't get me wrong, it's not that bad of a thing to be behind Garappolo, being second best backup is high praise. Also, the patriots holding on to the best backup is a prime example offo W much of a luxury a good backup is. You don't see them trading him away and for good reason. I mean, the bengals situation is a little different because macaroni isn't as good but I still think you follow the Pats and keep him around as insurance. Better to lose close with your mediocre backup than have an awful backup and get killed. 

He will need to be traded at the end of his last year because he will go FA, which is why I think they got Driskell.
Reply/Quote

Who cares.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 09:31 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Who cares.

If you want to ignore the elephant in the room, then be my guest.

Reply/Quote
Well, Matt Cassell did look good with the Pats too.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 09:22 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Don't get me wrong, it's not that bad of a thing to be behind Garappolo, being second best backup is high praise. Also, the patriots holding on to the best backup is a prime example offo W much of a luxury a good backup is. You don't see them trading him away and for good reason. I mean, the bengals situation is a little different because macaroni isn't as good but I still think you follow the Pats and keep him around as insurance. Better to lose close with your mediocre backup than have an awful backup and get killed. 

Of course they haven't traded him yet he hasn't started until last night. If he plays well in these 4 starts they'll likely move him unless teams are weary of another pats QB. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

not sure of your point, so after one game you have decided that he is better than AJ , well i guess with that logic, we can put some Quarterbacks in the HOF after one game ??  or that the Bengals offensive line is the worst in football in giving up sacks, since we gave up 7 in the first game.. You need more than one game to support your theory.

You could be right but you could be wrong.  Let's see how he plays over the 4 games and then I think you would have a fair comparison and make a decision
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:00 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: AJ is a good back up. And Jimmy just proved he can be one. So what, move on.

Ehhh, largely mediocre in comparison to Garoppolo. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:12 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Ehhh, largely mediocre in comparison to Garoppolo. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!!

Because Jimmy won one game?

You're delusional.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:09 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: not sure of your point, so after one game you have decided that he is better than AJ , well i guess with that logic, we can put some Quarterbacks in the HOF after one game ??  

Nah being better than macaroni doesn't make you HOF worthy, that's just crazy talk!

(09-12-2016, 10:14 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Because Jimmy won one game?

You're delusional.

I know what I see, and I'm not just some guy.

You have a delusional love affair with AJ. You do know macaroni is married right?

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:19 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Nah being better than macaroni doesn't make you HOF worthy, that's just crazy talk!

I know what I see, and I'm not just some guy.

You have a delusional love affair with AJ. You do know macaroni is married right?

Pump the brakes a little, if Jimmy goes 4-0 in Brady's absence I might concede, but i'm not jumping the gun and hailing him as the next big thing based off of a game that was won more by coaching then QB performance.

BTW Katherine is a bombshell, and i'll be more mad about losing her then AJ whenever he gets traded.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:25 AM)yellowxdisciplone Wrote: BTW Katherine is a bombshell, and i'll be more mad about losing her then AJ whenever he gets traded.

Now that's something I can get behind. Pervert

Reply/Quote
I'm pretty upset learning that the Pats will still be the Pats when Brady retires in a few years. Sad
Reply/Quote
Based on what?

Dude had one game put your pants back on
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 10:36 AM)Whacked Wrote: I'm pretty upset learning that the Pats will still be the Pats when Brady retires in a few years. Sad

Im not feeling it... Jimmy G will look good in his few chances here, that gives NE a little comfort knowing they have a "Brady Exit Plan". However when Tom eventually retires and its Jimmy's job, I think he folds.
Reply/Quote
So what?

At the end of the day they are both just backups LMAO
Reply/Quote

(09-12-2016, 09:48 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Well, Matt Cassell did look good with the Pats too.

Not getting into the basic point of the thread, but in fairness....
-Cassell had Randy Moss and Wes Welker.
-Garappolo had Julian Edelman and Chris Hogan. (Remember Gronk was out.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote