Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jindal goes all in.....Disband the Supreme Court
“The Supreme Court is completely out of control, making laws on their own, and has become a public opinion poll instead of a judicial body,” Jindal said in a statement on Friday. “If we want to save some money, let’s just get rid of the court.”

“Marriage between a man and a woman was established by God, and no earthly court can alter that,” he added.

Confused

This guy is a freaking Rhodes Scholar. It is embarrassing to hear him talk like this.
(06-30-2015, 02:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: “The Supreme Court is completely out of control, making laws on their own, and has become a public opinion poll instead of a judicial body,” Jindal said in a statement on Friday. “If we want to save some money, let’s just get rid of the court.”

“Marriage between a man and a woman was established by God, and no earthly court can alter that,” he added.

Confused

This guy is a freaking Rhodes Scholar.  It is embarrassing to hear him talk like this.

He's also a politician.  Meh...pandering to the conservatives I guess.
[Image: 61780058.jpg]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Can't do that....   Term limits may be in order.   Or a mandatory retirement age.

Jindal is being ridiculous and not sure why he is pandering. I certainly don't want anything to do with disbanding the court. And tbh I would rather instill term limits in congress before I would even address the court.

We have who we have because no one pays attention when they vote.
Jindal has 0 chance of getting elected President so his idiotic takes on the SCOTUS don't mean a thing.

Look at the likes and dislikes for this crap video.  80 some people like, 1,600+ dislike.  LULZ  
Can't the supreme court just pass a law that says "Guns are awesome and make you look totally cool!" to appease the right-wing for the time being?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-30-2015, 09:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't the supreme court just pass a law that says "Guns are awesome and make you look totally cool!" to appease the right-wing for the time being?

Well they said the air and water is clean enough and we can continue to kill people if they are convicted.

Isn't that enough?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-30-2015, 02:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: “The Supreme Court is completely out of control, making laws on their own, and has become a public opinion poll instead of a judicial body,” Jindal said in a statement on Friday. “If we want to save some money, let’s just get rid of the court.”

Confused

This guy is a freaking Rhodes Scholar.  It is embarrassing to hear him talk like this.

Didn't at least 2 memebers of the Supreme Court say pretty much say the same thing (except the cost saving part) in thier dissent?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-30-2015, 09:58 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Can't the supreme court just pass a law that says "Guns are awesome and make you look totally cool!" to appease the right-wing for the time being?

Great idea, I think there should be an amendment to the US Constitution regarding gun ownership.

I wonder what it should say?

Confused

Adam and Eve were not married.  At least there was no ceremony.  And technically she was a clone.  Or at best a female twin.

#slipperyslope
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-30-2015, 11:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Great idea, I think there should be an amendment to the US Constitution regarding gun ownership.

I wonder what it should say?

It doesn't mention guns making people look totally cool, nor does it say assault rifles rock and are badass SO this is where the SCOTUS needs to step in and toss the right-wing a bone!
(06-30-2015, 11:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It doesn't mention guns making people look totally cool, nor does it say assault rifles rock and are badass SO this is where the

Most likely because the authors were not childish in nature.

There are people of all beliefs who think the SC does this wrong or that wrong, but if he is pandering to a group that thinks there should be no SC, I have to imagine it's a pretty small group. It kinda has most of a whole article all to itself.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-30-2015, 11:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Most likely because the authors were not childish in nature.

Ok, you seem to be missing the point so I'll concede and award you this participation medal.

[Image: VM276-2T.jpg]
If we got rid of everything that someone deemed didn't like, Congress would have been disbanded decades ago.
Seeing as how the Supreme Court is pretty much politicized nowadays, why not just make them elected officials? We can have a requirement that they have to be members of the BAR association or practicing attorneys or what have you, but we might as well make it an elected office and vote in new justices every so often (and I don't mean literally mean 9 new justices every 4 years, but stagger it so maybe voting one new justice (or keeping the incumbent) every other year).

Confused

His response is one of disappointment with the Supreme Court and their continued move away from what our country was built on. The morals of our country hasn't changed they are just being run over. Hollywood and people with agendas are trying to make it look like the average person agrees with whats going on and they don't. The laws have been shot down in state voting and this is a way to force their agendas on people that hold christian values. The voters have spoken but its not the answer they wanted. The statement above about the S Court following public opinion polls is not accurate because it isn't what the public wants. As shown by state voting. Its what special interest groups want. The last statement above is accurate and most people in our country agree with it. Eventually they will get what they want and unfortunately God may turn his back on this great country (if he hasn't already) that has been so blessed from its begining that was built upon his word.Thats when the people who have caused it to happen will be asking what happened to this great country and the answer will be we turned our back God and his word. And then it will be to late. GOD BLESS AMERICA.
(06-30-2015, 03:16 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Can't do that....   Term limits may be in order.   Or a mandatory retirement age.

Jindal is being ridiculous and not sure why he is pandering.  I certainly don't want anything to do with disbanding the court.    And tbh I would rather instill term limits in congress before I would even address the court.  

We have who we have because no one pays attention when they vote.

I disagree. I believe the lack of term limits is what gives a supreme court justice the ability to focus on upholding the law of the land. Look at any federally elected official and all they care about is getting reelected rather than genuinely representing their constituents. 
(06-30-2015, 01:00 PM)treee Wrote: I believe the lack of term limits is what gives a supreme court justice the ability to focus on upholding the law of the land. 

And I don't think that's what they're doing. I believe the Supreme Court has been corrupted by politics and are no longer concerned with the maintaining the constitutionality of the laws of the land as evidenced by the fact that the justices tend to rule based on their political affiliation.
(06-30-2015, 01:22 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And I don't think that's what they're doing. I believe the Supreme Court has been corrupted by politics and are no longer concerned with the maintaining the constitutionality of the laws of the land as evidenced by the fact that the justices tend to rule based on their political affiliation.

Do you feel this way because they ruled in favor of SSM?