Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe B. becoming national NFL icon??
(04-19-2022, 08:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What I am going with is that Wilson is not a "national icon".  That is what this thread is about.  Seems like a lot of people here are more interested twisting things to attack anything I say instead of discussing the topic of the thread.

Are you going with Russell Wilson IS a national icon?  His teammate Marshawn Lynch has done a lot more commercials than Russ ever did.

When I think "national icon" I think of the Mannings, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahommes, Baker Mayfield, JJ Watt, Tony Romo, and other guys like that with multiple nationwide commercials.

according to ispot tv (which tracks commercials nationally).
RW has 153, while Beast has 36.... 
JB has 19 commercials, 
Chase has 9.

No one is attacking. just correcting your constant barrage of mistakes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 10:01 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: according to ispot tv (which tracks commercials nationally).
RW has 153, while Beast has 36.... 
JB has 19 commercials, 
Chase has 9.

No one is attacking. just correcting your constant barrage of mistakes.

This is pretty shocking to me. I haven't followed the latest topic in this thread much, but I have never seen a Russell Wilson commercial. At least, not that I remember. I have seen plenty of Marshawn Lynch commercials, though. The fact that RW has 153 is wild. 
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 08:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What I am going with is that Wilson is not a "national icon".  That is what this thread is about.  Seems like a lot of people here are more interested twisting things to attack anything I say instead of discussing the topic of the thread.

Are you going with Russell Wilson IS a national icon?  His teammate Marshawn Lynch has done a lot more commercials than Russ ever did.

When I think "national icon" I think of the Mannings, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahommes, Baker Mayfield, JJ Watt, Tony Romo, and other guys like that with multiple nationwide commercials.

2 things:

1. As to "attacks"; we reap what we sow

2. This thread is about National NFL Icons and IMO Russel Wilson is one. From his numerous commercials, endorsements, signature "Go Hawks!", and celebrity wife all lend itself to that. Apparently you think he is not
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 10:02 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This is pretty shocking to me. I haven't followed the latest topic in this thread much, but I have never seen a Russell Wilson commercial. At least, not that I remember. I have seen plenty of Marshawn Lynch commercials, though. The fact that RW has 153 is wild. 

You probably have, RW doesn't have any distinguishing features like the Beast's dreads.
He did an Uber ad during a recent SB. He has done one for the sonic fin football (kinda like a futuristic nerf football).
that's a couple of his more recent ones.

The Game Pass ones online, but those have 15-20 players in them, so you'd likely only remember/recognize some of them.
Reply/Quote
Well it begins, players get a portion of the money for jerseys sold.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/5/9/23063012/bengals-news-5-9-joe-burrow-on-of-hottest-jerseys-in-nfl

I like this for the team as the jersey sales tell me he is and the team are garnering a national presence so hopefully we can grab fans so away games do not become as unfriendly.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 10:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: 2 things:

1. As to "attacks"; we reap what we sow

2. This thread is about National NFL Icons and IMO Russel Wilson is one. From his numerous commercials, endorsements, signature "Go Hawks!", and celebrity wife all lend itself to that. Apparently you think he is not

Eventually you would think he might be introspective enough to see he is the problem. As you said, "we reap what we sow." Obtuse is gonna obtuse.
Reply/Quote
I've seen a million RW commercials personally... RW, Rodgers and TB are pretty much everywhere.

The Stafford commercial is really a kick in the gut... Life changing *Puke*
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I don't get Mac Jones at #5 at all. I guess NE area have a lot of Jones "mafia" support. I also think Joe Burrow Jersey will be #2 by next summer if the Bengals can win the Super Bowl.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Didn’t know where else to put this, but it’s one of the cooler (no pun intended) Burrow promos that I’ve seen.

Reply/Quote
That is as frickin' cool as it gets. Cool
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 10:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t know where else to put this, but it’s one of the cooler (no pun intended) Burrow promos that I’ve seen.

This is awesome. it coolness is a huge part of his persona.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote