Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe B. becoming national NFL icon??
Joey B will be the reason there’s an upsurge in new Bengalatis through the coming years. Kids will love him, young and old.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:08 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can see Joe B. making a ton of money in endorsements. He quickly rose to #4 in jersey sales in 2021. This is just one measurement as he will go against guys like Wilson new Denver, Watson, Adams, Hill and others who switched teams in 2022. But I think this is a great sign of the team increasing it's fan base. While in LA for the Super Bowl I saw a lot of LSU fans at the NFL experience. Everyone of them said they are now Bengal's fans. Call then bandwagon or whatever, I call them fans that hopefully help us fill stadiums in the coming years.

2021 Best Selling NFL Jerseys
Who are the top selling NFL players in 2021?
Tom Brady has the lead as the top-selling NFL player for the 2021 Season! Shop new Tom Brady Jerseys at NFL Shop.

Tom Brady
Dak Prescott
Patrick Mahomes
Joe Burrow
Mac Jones
Josh Allen
CeeDee Lamb
George Kittle
Lamar Jackson
Aaron Donald

Bandwagon fans jump off the wagon after one year if the follow the team the whole time Burrow is on the team then they are Bengal fans by that point since he should have a long career here.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Josh Allen may be next in line. The Bills Chiefs shootout made GMs rethink strategy.

Burrow had a good playoff run, but our offense didn't flash like the Bills.

Behind the offensive line we had dude? We are all Bengals fans but none of us knows what our offense looks like yet, not till we got time to take deep drops and use the whole playbook.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 07:03 PM)wanga Wrote: Joey B will be the reason there’s an upsurge in new Bengalatis through the coming years. Kids will love him, young and old.

Men will want him and women will want to be him. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I live in  northeast PA , Stealer country. I know about 3 other bengla fans total, and 2 are my cousins. This last year , I see tons of kids in Burrow Jerseys around here.. It's crazy to see..
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. He's rarely talked about in my market. No commercials.

I predict that he becomes hated like Brady outside of the fan base. I like his confidence, but other fan bases won't.

There are just a bunch of marquee QBs especially in the AFC.

I disagree. I live in Phoenix and have coworkers that have kids that love burrow and rock his jersey. Read articles about this too with kids wearing his jersey in NY. Commercial opportunities are there if he wants them
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:08 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I can see Joe B. making a ton of money in endorsements. He quickly rose to #4 in jersey sales in 2021. This is just one measurement as he will go against guys like Wilson new Denver, Watson, Adams, Hill and others who switched teams in 2022. But I think this is a great sign of the team increasing it's fan base. While in LA for the Super Bowl I saw a lot of LSU fans at the NFL experience. Everyone of them said they are now Bengal's fans. Call then bandwagon or whatever, I call them fans that hopefully help us fill stadiums in the coming years.

Tom Brady has the lead as the top-selling NFL player for the 2021 Season! Shop new Tom Brady Jerseys at NFL Shop.

Tom Brady
Dak Prescott
Patrick Mahomes
Joe Burrow
Mac Jones
Josh Allen
CeeDee Lamb
George Kittle
Lamar Jackson
Aaron Donald

CeeDee Lamb?  LMAO....Cowboys fans.  How is McPherson not on this list?   Hilarious

Seriously, one thing I note about Burrow:  Unless you are Wink Martindouche or a steeler fan (they don't respect anyone, just whine and cry), every single person I have talked to about the Bengals all say the same type of thing:

"Well, I like Joe Burrow"

"We were pulling for Joe Burrow...great dude"

"You guys are going to be good for a long time with Burrow"

And sometimes a female response:  "Joe Burrow is awesome.  Love his swagger...not cocky, but confident" and then the second girl chimes in "Yeah, I'm a Browns fan and Baker is a douche...I can't stand guys like Rogers, either.  But I really like Burrow".

I mean, how can you not liked that baby-faced assassin that shows up to a press conference wearing a santa hat and a Krusty Krab sweatshirt. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 01:10 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: CeeDee Lamb?  LMAO....Cowboys fans.  How is McPherson not on this list?   Hilarious

Seriously, one thing I note about Burrow:  Unless you are Wink Martindouche or a steeler fan (they don't respect anyone, just whine and cry), every single person I have talked to about the Bengals all say the same type of thing:

"Well, I like Joe Burrow"

"We were pulling for Joe Burrow...great dude"

"You guys are going to be good for a long time with Burrow"

And sometimes a female response:  "Joe Burrow is awesome.  Love his swagger...not cocky, but confident" and then the second girl chimes in "Yeah, I'm a Browns fan and Baker is a douche...I can't stand guys like Rogers, either.  But I really like Burrow".

I mean, how can you not liked that baby-faced assassin that shows up to a press conference wearing a santa hat and a Krusty Krab sweatshirt. 

Funny you say this. I don't live in the Cincinnati area and when I go out with my Bengals hat on I often hear, "Joey B!" or "You guys are lucky to have Burrow."
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 12:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I'm sure Brady makes a few. Just depends on the deal.
You know he makes about $31M annually from his endorsements.

I would say a majority of "endorsements" do not include media or actually appearing in TV commercials.  A lot of it has to do with just putting Brady's name on a product.  I know he is big in health supplements and stuff like that.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 06:12 PM)Science Friction Wrote: I was thinking the same thing, Fred. Steph is a great guy, plays the game with the fun and enthusiasm of a kid, and does a lot of good things off the court. Plus, he's one of the greatest long-range shooters the game has ever seen.  Having said that, my sister hates his guts. She thinks he's cocky and can't stand all the mouthpiece work. 

LeBron plays the game with fun and enthusiasm of a kid, and does a lot of good things off the court. Plus, he's about to have the most points scored ever even though he's an assist first person. Having said that, people are of their opinion and in some world hate on LeBron and love Curry who plays lackluster defense and still consider it top 50 ever basketball.

Curry does his moves to show off, Kyrie has a purpose to all of his moves. That caused GSW to lose the finals, with Curry trying to throw a behind the back pass to Klay that went out of bounds late in game 7.

I think you guys hate him for what he says publicly (his opinion), in that case you would also hate Joe Burrow for being opinionated.

I didn't like LeBron either when he left CLE for MIA, but when he came back and won one in CLE it "cured" that dislike. I have a unique perspective of being a Bengals fan in CLE based on CLE sports history; if Burrow won that ring last season, in the end you probably wouldn't have minded if he left someday and never won again here. It only takes one ring to erase the pain of history. If Burrow ever leaves without winning a ring here, it will sting hard.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 10:43 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Josh Allen may be next in line. The Bills Chiefs shootout made GMs rethink strategy.

Burrow had a good playoff run, but our offense didn't flash like the Bills.

I think it will be very interesting if Buffalo just picks up where they left off, as everyone seems to anoint them already.

The loss of their OC will be felt by their team.  Most of their additions came on defense, and they will need it given the offenses in the AFC.  
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 02:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote:  Curry who plays lackluster defense and still consider it top 50 ever basketball.

Stop living in 2015.

How Steph Curry improved his defense to be Warriors' two-way force | RSN (nbcsports.com)

Curry is boasting a career-best 96.0 defensive rating, is in the top 15 in the league in steals, and top 22 in deflections.

"Everyone obviously locks in on his offensive brilliance, which they should, but he had six steals [Sunday]. Eight deflections. He’s all over the place," Kerr said. "For whatever reason, he has a reputation of being a poor defender. I don’t see that at all. I think he’s a really good defender and he’s been great defensively."
Reply/Quote
Should be, considering many of the "popular" guys tend to be highly successful players as well as d-bags.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 12:57 PM)Destro Wrote: Should be, considering many of the "popular" guys tend to be highly successful players as well as d-bags.

From what I am learning in this thread it appears that whenever a player becomes on of the most popular then a certain crowd of people start hating him.

Steph Curry and Patrick Mahommes have never been in any trouble or even acted mean or inappropriate.  It seems they are just "hated" because they are popular.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 02:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: LeBron plays the game with fun and enthusiasm of a kid, and does a lot of good things off the court. Plus, he's about to have the most points scored ever even though he's an assist first person. Having said that, people are of their opinion and in some world hate on LeBron and love Curry who plays lackluster defense and still consider it top 50 ever basketball.

Curry does his moves to show off, Kyrie has a purpose to all of his moves. That caused GSW to lose the finals, with Curry trying to throw a behind the back pass to Klay that went out of bounds late in game 7.

I think you guys hate him for what he says publicly (his opinion), in that case you would also hate Joe Burrow for being opinionated.

I didn't like LeBron either when he left CLE for MIA, but when he came back and won one in CLE it "cured" that dislike. I have a unique perspective of being a Bengals fan in CLE based on CLE sports history; if Burrow won that ring last season, in the end you probably wouldn't have minded if he left someday and never won again here. It only takes one ring to erase the pain of history. If Burrow ever leaves without winning a ring here, it will sting hard.

LeBron sucks, and he's not an assist 1st person lol.. He's just afraid to take game winning shots... LeBron is also the biggest flopper in all of sports.. Joe Burrow doesn't even come close to being the idiot that LeBron is, in the media...
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 01:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From what I am learning in this thread it appears that whenever a player becomes on of the most popular then a certain crowd of people start hating him.

Steph Curry and Patrick Mahommes have never been in any trouble or even acted mean or inappropriate.  It seems they are just "hated" because they are popular.
It's because they win Fred... It's like the Brady effect. If you aren't a fan of the team they are on, you hate them.. Mahomes is disliked because of his idiot brother and loud mouth wife... Mahomes brother was hurting him so bad, with his stupid tik tok and what not, that Patrick didn't even invite him to his bachelor party.. His own teammates hate his brother that much..
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 03:18 PM)Tony Wrote: LeBron sucks, and he's not an assist 1st person lol.. He's just afraid to take game winning shots... LeBron is also the biggest flopper in all of sports.. Joe Burrow doesn't even come close to being the idiot that LeBron is, in the media...

I don’t even like basketball, but man do you continually have some of the worst takes on this board. LOL

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 01:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: From what I am learning in this thread it appears that whenever a player becomes on of the most popular then a certain crowd of people start hating him.

I think the thing with them is the company they keep. Mahommes, I believe is well liked, but his brother is a clown and he married the last drunk girl at the party. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Tom Brady
Dak Prescott
Patrick Mahomes
Joe Burrow
Mac Jones
Josh Allen
CeeDee Lamb
George Kittle
Lamar Jackson
Aaron Donald

Dak lol

Never seen a person wearing a Dak Prescott jersey, surprised, never been to Texas though so I guess that makes sense Cowboys
are kind of hated where I am at, Dallas Cowboys that is, we are Wyoming Cowboys around here. Everybody roots against Dallas
around here besides my brother in law.

Going to get me a Logan Wilson jersey next, love Burrow like everyone but I don't want to be like everybody else.
Reply/Quote