Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Bachie re-signed
(03-12-2022, 02:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: As of today, there are at least three needs more important than a back up LBer who might take over in his second season for Pratt if he isn’t re-signed after this season. Unless they take care of those needs in free agency first, I don’t think I’d be pleased. Not because of the player, but because of the needs.

I would like them to have a Plan B for Pratt, but Oline, 3T, and CB are more important as of right now.

I understand, it was just a hypothetical for Ocho...

But I'll give my take; if we get Collins in a trade there is no reason not to address all those needs in free agency and draft BPA.  So the hypothetical is what if Muma or any LB in the top 3 rounds is BPA and how would that relat to Pratt?

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd only want to take a LB on Day 2 if the expectation is for them to one day emerge as a starter.
I wouldn't spend that high of a draft pick for a planned long-term depth and ST guy.

So if the plan would be to move on from Pratt after this year, it would make sense to add Muma.
If Bengals want to hopefully keep Pratt long-term, I'd wait until Rds 5-7 to add a LB.

I dont disagree, it would be interesting if FA could take care of primary needs and draft only BPA (outside of QB)....

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 11:54 AM)kalibengal Wrote: agreed, he was a nice surprise when Logan went down....
NOW LETS GO GIT' SOME O LINEMAN!

Yes sir. Getting ancy here. I need to pray for patience lol

(03-12-2022, 01:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I wonder what the plan is for Pratt after this season?  We have no idea what kind of season he will have or what his ask will be.  I dont think there is any doubt that if we have to choose which LB to pay it would be Wilson.

An early LB could be a sign.

I want Pratt to stick around. I think he is just starting to grow into the player he can be.

(03-12-2022, 02:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How would you feel if we drafted Muma in the 2nd?  An all-Wyoming LBer core....

I like Muma but I like both Logan and Pratt better and I am a Wyomingite. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir. Getting ancy here. I need to pray for patience lol

I want Pratt to stick around. I think he is just starting to grow into the player he can be.

I like Muma but I like both Logan and Pratt better and I am a Wyomingite. Mellow

Be interesting to see Pratt's ask and if it is high, do we do it?

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 02:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I understand, it was just a hypothetical for Ocho...

But I'll give my take; if we get Collins in a trade there is no reason not to address all those needs in free agency and draft BPA.  So the hypothetical is what if Muma or any LB in the top 3 rounds is BPA and how would that relat to Pratt?

I think Pratt is fine for the money now. Probably not for the money of a second contract. If they have their more important needs addressed I’d be happy with them adding a LBer in the 2nd or 3rd round to groom this year as a potential replacement for Pratt.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Be interesting to see Pratt's ask and if it is high, do we do it?

That is the question. We will see how this FA and Draft go. This will tell us something about how they feel about Pratt.

He made the play that we have been waiting for that got the Playoff monkey off our back.

This won't be forgotten nor should it.

(03-12-2022, 04:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think Pratt is fine for the money now. Probably not for the money of a second contract. If they have their more important needs addressed I’d be happy with them adding a LBer in the 2nd or 3rd round to groom this year as a potential replacement for Pratt.

I guess I would be down with that. We got Bettcher here now who is also a great LB coach like Golden was, might be even 
better than Golden. I cannot believe Bettcher isn't a DC on some NFL team. He must love what Lou is doing here like a lot of 
us. I really thought it was going to hurt when Golden went to Notre Dame but not the case when we got Bettcher thank God.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is the question. We will see how this FA and Draft go. This will tell us something about how they feel about Pratt.

He made the play that we have been waiting for that got the Playoff monkey off our back.

This won't be forgotten nor should it.

I guess I would be down with that. We got Bettcher here now who is also a great LB coach like Golden was, might be even 
better than Golden. I cannot believe Bettcher isn't a DC on some NFL team. He must love what Lou is doing here like a lot of 
us. I really thought it was going to hurt when Golden went to Notre Dame but not the case when we got Bettcher thank God.

I agree on Pratt, but we simply cannot pay every single good player what they are worth or think they are worth... who knows?

Not sure how long we hold on to Bettcher, use him while we can.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:44 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I agree on Pratt, but we simply cannot pay every single good player what they are worth or think they are worth... who knows?

Not sure how long we hold on to Bettcher, use him while we can.

All true. I betcha Bettcher ain't around long lol

He too good.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true. I betcha Bettcher ain't around long lol

He too good.

You make a good point though, our guys have been blessed with these LB coaches, if Lou gets picked up as a HC Bettcher would most likely be 1st in line for our DC job.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 04:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: You make a good point though, our guys have been blessed with these LB coaches, if Lou gets picked up as a HC Bettcher would most likely be 1st in line for our DC job.

That would be ideal. Maybe that is also why Bettcher is here. He sees the writing on the wall with Burrow and a good Defense
all installed and if Lou has another good season which I predict he could be a HC somewhere after this next season. Bettcher 
would take over seamlessly. Awesome thought.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: if Lou has another good season which I predict he could be a HC somewhere after this next season. 

How is getting $100 million in free agents and still finishing in the bottom half of the league a "good season"?

Bettcher may have taken this job because he sees the DC position coming open.  But it is more likely because Lou gets canned if he can't do better with all the expensive players he has been given.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 11:38 AM)fredtoast Wrote: How is getting $100 million in free agents and still finishing in the bottom half of the league a "good season"?

Bettcher may have taken this job because he sees the DC position coming open.  But it is more likely because Lou gets canned if he can't do better with all the expensive players he has been given.

This is a pretty bad take Fred.

Our defense improved consistently throughout the year and carried us in the playoffs in front of the whole world.

Not saying Lou is George Allen but his 2nd half adjustments were excellent. He is most likely not going anywhere next year but the guy got a HC interview this past season...

Reply/Quote