Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Bachie re-signed
Joe Bachie who was an exclusive rights free agent has signed a 1 year contract for 2022. He suffered an ACL tear on Dec 19, just when he was beginning to flash.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 05:34 PM)pally Wrote: Joe Bachie who was an exclusive rights free agent has signed a 1 year contract for 2022.  He suffered an ACL tear on Dec 19, just when he was beginning to flash.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thought Bachie did well in spot duty last year.  Solid backup/ST's guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
i liked him coming out of college and he's a high effort guy that is a solid backup rotational piece. happy we got him for another year

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 06:36 PM)Okeana Wrote: i liked him coming out of college and he's a high effort guy that is a solid backup rotational piece.  happy we got him for another year

Same here, was surprised when he didn't do much before he came here. He filled in great when Logan went down.
Reply/Quote
Look forward to seeing him continue to improve!
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
This is a really good signing.
Reply/Quote
As others have already stated, he was great last season when he had to step in and play. Glad he’s back.
Reply/Quote
Glad he's back, when he was called to step in he did well.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
He and Bailey both were pleasant surprises. At one point it was looking as though the LB cupboard might've been completely empty due to injuries, but those two made good use of their opportunities. 
Reply/Quote
He definitely showed something.
Reply/Quote
He had a couple of terrible reads/angles on runs early but seemed to get his head on straight right after that and looked legit until the knee injury. Looks like good depth if he doesn't get passed up while recovering.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 07:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here, was surprised when he didn't do much before he came here. He filled in great when Logan went down.

agreed, he was a nice surprise when Logan went down....
NOW LETS GO GIT' SOME O LINEMAN!
Reply/Quote
I'd be ok with Bachie to replace Evans as the last LB, but that's about it.
I'd still consider bringing in a rookie Day 3 pick to compete with Bachie for that LB5 spot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 01:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd be ok with Bachie to replace Evans as the last LB, but that's about it.
I'd still consider bringing in a rookie Day 3 pick to compete with Bachie for that LB5 spot.

I wonder what the plan is for Pratt after this season?  We have no idea what kind of season he will have or what his ask will be.  I dont think there is any doubt that if we have to choose which LB to pay it would be Wilson.

An early LB could be a sign.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 01:52 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I wonder what the plan is for Pratt after this season?  We have no idea what kind of season he will have or what his ask will be.  I dont think there is any doubt that if we have to choose which LB to pay it would be Wilson.

An early LB could be a sign.

Pratt had his best season so far this past season. He's continued to grow, but not a huge jump in production. I've been on the fence about retaining him.
If team chose to keep him and it wasn't too much, fine by me. But I wouldn't be super upset if he left after this year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 02:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Pratt had his best season so far this past season. He's continued to grow, but not a huge jump in production. I've been on the fence about retaining him.
If team chose to keep him and it wasn't too much, fine by me. But I wouldn't be super upset if he left after this year.

How would you feel if we drafted Muma in the 2nd?  An all-Wyoming LBer core....

Reply/Quote
For me it is really hard to judge LB.

I think that position is more dependent on coaching scheme and surrounding talent than any other. A LB who is not given the proper reads or is out of position is useless. A bad D-line will make a LB look useless. You really just have to watch a lot of tape and concentrate just on the LB to see if he is any good.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 02:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How would you feel if we drafted Muma in the 2nd?  An all-Wyoming LBer core....

As of today, there are at least three needs more important than a back up LBer who might take over in his second season for Pratt if he isn’t re-signed after this season. Unless they take care of those needs in free agency first, I don’t think I’d be pleased. Not because of the player, but because of the needs.

I would like them to have a Plan B for Pratt, but Oline, 3T, and CB are more important as of right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 02:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For me it is really hard to judge LB.

I think that position is more dependent on coaching scheme and surrounding talent than any other.  A LB who is not given the proper reads or is out of position is useless.  A bad D-line will make a LB look useless.  You really just have to watch a lot of tape and concentrate just on the LB to see if he is any good.

True, dline is an excellent point.  Many times the dline is responsible for keeping oline off of the LBs.  Poor dline play almost always results in poor LB results.

But I am curious as to the value we put on the LB position after this season.  We spent big at NG, Edge and FS already.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 02:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: How would you feel if we drafted Muma in the 2nd?  An all-Wyoming LBer core....

I'd only want to take a LB on Day 2 if the expectation is for them to one day emerge as a starter.
I wouldn't spend that high of a draft pick for a planned long-term depth and ST guy.

So if the plan would be to move on from Pratt after this year, it would make sense to add Muma.
If Bengals want to hopefully keep Pratt long-term, I'd wait until Rds 5-7 to add a LB.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote