Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Joe Biden lies exposed.Karine Jean-Pierre last week lies again also.
(09-19-2023, 09:15 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Still very odd though. he was just appointed the job on Feb 10, 2015, and got approval to seize Burisma Owner's property on Feb 2, 2016. Barely a year into the job and fired in March and the claim is he didn't move fast enough on Burisma? To me this isn't a job where you should move fast on, got to make sure you dot your I's and cross your T's, mistakes lead to parachutes. Overall it was a no-win job no matter what, sucks to be him.

The state department is also on record stating Shokin was doing a great job fighting corruption also, but liberals want us to believe within a few months (once he took action against Burisma and HB's boss) he all of a sudden was corrupt. They want us to believe Shokin was corrupt, yet he was hired less than 1 year from the JB's threat fire him or you don't get the money.

Then we also know a reliable FBI informant told the F.B.I the Biden's got 10 million from the Ukrainian President for firing Shokin.

I see a bunch of cover up articles but no factual evidence Biden was tasked with threatening the Ukrainian president to fire Shokin. But there is evidence the Biden's were paid 10 million and also as I have stated the US Stae Department approved the loan prior to JB headed to Ukraine and months prior were very happy with NEW prosecutor Shokin. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Let's get the thread back on track.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-hunter-bidens-team-keep-shifting-goalposts-denying-joes-involvement-businesses

White House, Hunter Biden’s team keep shifting goalposts in denying Joe’s involvement with businesses
President Biden's blanket denials have gotten more specific over time
By Jessica Chasmar , Cameron Cawthorne Fox News
Published September 19, 2023 5:00am EDT

House Republicans who are investigating the Biden family have accused the White House of shifting its narrative in denying that Biden was involved with his son’s businesses. In 2019, Biden emphatically denied ever discussing business matters with his son, despite Hunter's longtime business partner, Eric Schwerin, handling the elder Biden's finances throughout the entirety of the Obama administration.

Then- Vice President Biden also met with over a dozen of Hunter’s foreign business partners, as previously reported by Fox News Digital.

"First of all, I have never discussed with my son or my brother or anyone else anything having to do with their business, period," Biden said in August 2019. "There wasn't any hint of scandal at all when we were there. It was the same kind of strict, strict rules. That's why I never talk with my son or my brother or anyone else, even distant family about their business interest, period."

"I have never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings," a frustrated Biden told Fox News reporter Peter Doocy a month later. "You should be looking at Trump. Trump’s doing this because he knows I’ll beat him like a drum. … Everybody’s looked at it and said there’s nothing there. Ask the right question."

"I don’t discuss business with my son," Biden said again the next month in October 2019.

The narrative, however, took a drastic turn in June when the White House began saying Biden was not "in business" with his son during his vice presidency.

"As we have said many times before, the president was not in business with his son," White House counsel’s office spokesman Ian Sams said in a June 29 statement.

"The answer remains the same," White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said during a July 24 briefing. "The president was never in business with his son. I just don’t have anything else to add."

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Ironically enough, CNN attempted to "fact check" McCarthy's claims. Turns out that they were unable to disprove any of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/cnn-attempts-to-fact-check-biden-s-impeachment-then-it-backfires-for-them/ar-AA1gUOjb?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=eed8d6d7ddca43678db59d513b27d2be&ei=23

Quote:The left-wing outlet CNN published a “fact check” about the impeachment inquiry against Joe Biden.

The “fact-check” exposed Biden and ultimately humiliated CNN, which clearly intended to defend the president.

The article titled “Fact-checking McCarthy’s claims while launching Biden impeachment inquiry” is written by CNN’s Annie Grayer, Marshall Cohen, and Daniel Dale.

CNN fact-checked six allegations from Kevin McCarthy and found some of them true, while claimed others were “lacking context.”

McCarthy responded, “I appreciate CNN actually acknowledged that. They had to acknowledge that every alleged accusation that put us into impeachment inquiry is true.”

“What was interesting was the headline, but more interesting was the fact checks. It was all true,” he added.

Astonishingly, none of the McCarthy claims were proved false by CNN.

Claim 1: Biden family members and associates received $20 million through a complex web of shell companies.

Claim 2: An informant alleged Joe and Hunter Biden received bribes.

Claim 3: Joe Biden participated in calls and dinners with his son’s business partners.

Claim 4: Biden family members’ financial transactions were flagged as suspicious.

Claim 5: Then-Vice President Joe Biden “used his powers to help his son’s business.”

Claim 6: Joe Biden lied about his knowledge of family’s business deals.

Again, CNN was unable to prove any of these claims were false, but merely added additional context to some of them.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ironically enough, CNN attempted to "fact check" McCarthy's claims.  Turns out that they were unable to disprove any of them.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/cnn-attempts-to-fact-check-biden-s-impeachment-then-it-backfires-for-them/ar-AA1gUOjb?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=eed8d6d7ddca43678db59d513b27d2be&ei=23

I thought it was odd that an MSN story called CNN "The left-wing outlet CNN".  

The original story comes from: https://www.americainsider.org/ It's a new site for me and uh, slightly biased based on its front page. Cool

So here is the CNN fact check so folks can decide for themselves.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/13/politics/fact-check-mccarthy-biden-impeachment-claims/index.html

Quote:CNN — 

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy made several unproven claims Tuesday while announcing the opening of a formal impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden.

The Republican-led investigation will focus on “allegations of abuse of power, obstruction and corruption” by Biden, related to his family’s overseas business dealings, McCarthy said.

There is clear evidence that Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, leveraged his famous name while pursuing lucrative foreign deals, which might be untoward but isn’t illegal. And he isn’t a government official – the impeachment inquiry is into his father.

House Republicans have not presented any proof that Joe Biden ever profited off his son’s business deals or was influenced while in office by his son’s business dealings.

Republicans argue that opening an inquiry will give them the authority to uncover more information, so it’s possible they’ll find additional facts that are not publicly known at this point. But past impeachment inquiries in recent history have typically started with more publicly available evidence.

Here’s a breakdown of some of the claims at the heart of the impeachment inquiry that McCarthy referenced on Tuesday.

Quote:Claim: Biden family and associates got $20 million through shell companies

“Bank records show that nearly $20 million in payments were directed to the Biden family members and associates through various shell companies,” McCarthy said.

Facts First: This is true about Joe Biden’s family and associates, but there is no public evidence to date that the president personally received any money.

Since Republicans took control of the House in January and obtained subpoena power, the House Oversight Committee subpoenaed six banks for information regarding specific Biden family business associates to investigate the money trail behind the Biden family’s foreign business dealings. The committee has not yet subpoenaed bank records from Biden family members themselves.

The phrase “Biden family” is doing a lot of work for McCarthy – because none of these records confirm any direct payments to Joe Biden or show that he was directly involved in Hunter Biden’s business arrangements. Also, some of the $20 million McCarthy was referring to on Tuesday didn’t go to the Biden family but went to business associates of the family as part of their business activities.

What the records have shown is that during and after Joe Biden’s tenure as vice president, Hunter Biden made millions of dollars through complex financial arrangements from private equity deals, legal fees, and corporate consulting in Ukraine, China, Romania and elsewhere.
At times, Obama administration officials, including at the State Department, worried about potential conflict-of-interest problems, because Hunter Biden sat on the board of a prominent Ukrainian energy company, while Joe Biden oversaw US policy toward Ukraine, according to testimony from the Democratic-run impeachment of Donald Trump in 2019.

Quote:Claim: An informant alleged the Biden family got a bribe

“Even a trusted FBI informant has alleged a bribe to the Biden family,” McCarthy said.

Facts First: It’s true that an informant gave a tip of this nature to the FBI in 2020, and that the bureau had viewed him as a credible informant. But the underlying allegation that the Biden family was given a bribe is totally unproven; the informant was merely reporting something he said he had been told by a Ukrainian businessman.

The informant met with federal investigators in 2020 and provided information dating back to 2015, according to an internal FBI document made public by Republicans earlier this year over the strong objections of the FBI.

The informant claimed that the CEO of Burisma – the Ukrainian energy company where Hunter Biden was on the board – had claimed in 2016 that he made two $5 million payments to “the Bidens.” The informant was “not able to provide any further opinion as the veracity” of this claim, according to the FBI document.

Republicans have tried to boost the credibility of this allegation by saying it was in an FBI document. But the document merely memorialized the information provided by the informant – it does not contain proof that the allegations are true. Hunter Biden’s business associate Devon Archer testified to the GOP-run House Oversight Committee earlier this year that he had not been aware of any such payments to the Bidens and characterized Mykola Zlochevsky’s reported claim as an example of the Ukrainian businessman embellishing his influence.

The White House has said these claims had been “debunked for years.” A former ally of Rudy Giuliani, who was well-connected in Ukraine, testified during Trump’s impeachment that no one from Burisma had any contacts with Joe Biden or people working for him while he was vice president, according to a transcript released by House Oversight Democrats earlier this year.

Quote:Claim: Biden participated in calls and dinners with son’s business partners

“Eyewitnesses have testified that the president joined on multiple phone calls and had multiple interactions – dinners resulted in cars and millions of dollars into his son’s and his son’s business partners,” McCarthy said.

Facts First: McCarthy’s claim omits key context about what was – and wasn’t – reportedly discussed in the calls and dinners. A Hunter Biden associate testified that even though Joe Biden was on these calls and at these dinners, he didn’t discuss business. And Republicans have not presented any evidence that Joe Biden himself benefited financially from his appearances at the dinners or on the calls.

When House Republicans launched their investigation into members of the Biden family, they said their goal was to find wrongdoing by the president. House Republicans now say they can accuse Biden of corruption without finding direct evidence that Joe Biden financially benefited from Hunter Biden’s foreign business dealings.

The allegations mentioned by McCarthy on Tuesday come from the interview that House Oversight Committee conducted earlier this year with Hunter Biden business associate Archer. (Separately, Archer was convicted in 2022 in connection with a $60 million bond fraud scheme, which wasn’t related to Hunter Biden.)

Archer testified that there were “maybe 20 times” when Joe Biden was placed on speakerphone during meetings with his and Hunter Biden’s business partners. This puts Joe Biden closer to his son’s business activities that he previously let on.
However, Archer said “nothing” of importance was ever discussed during these calls.

Archer characterized the conversations he witnessed Hunter put his father on speakerphone in front of business associates as Joe Biden asking his son, “Where are you, how’s the weather, how’s the fishing, how’s the – whatever it may be.” Archer added the conversations were “not related to commercial business, politics, that kind of stuff.”

While Archer said he was not aware of Hunter Biden ever discussing business with his father, he did state his belief that Hunter Biden was selling “the brand,” through his work. House Republicans have used that phrase to suggest that Hunter Biden sold his father’s “brand” around the world to enrich the Biden family. And they have argued that Joe Biden’s very participation in the calls and meetings itself proves that he did have involvement in his son’s business.

Regarding the dinners, Archer said there was a 2014 and 2015 dinner that Joe Biden attended with Hunter Biden and some of his foreign business associates at Cafe Milano in Washington, DC. While Hunter Biden’s business associates including Archer, and foreign business figures such as Russian billionaire Yelena Baturina and Kazakhstani oligarch Kenes Rakishev were in the room, business wasn’t discussed, Archer testified, telling lawmakers, “We ate, and kind of talked about the world, I guess, and the weather, and then everybody left.”

On the allegation that these dinners with Joe Biden “resulted in cars,” Archer said the businessman Rakishev wired Hunter Biden the exact amount of money that Hunter used to buy a Porsche. This car has nothing to do with Joe Biden.

Quote:Claim: Biden family members’ financial transactions were flagged as suspicious

“The Treasury Department alone has more than 150 transactions involving the Biden family and other business associates that were flagged as suspicious activity by US banks,” McCarthy said.

Facts First: The existence of these suspicious activity reports don’t prove wrongdoing on their own.

The filing of a “suspicious activity report,” or SAR, does not prove wrongdoing. Such reports are not conclusive, and are akin to the bank providing a tip to investigators, out of an abundance of caution. Financial institutions file millions of SARs each year, but few lead to law enforcement inquiries.

According to reports issued by House Republicans, some of these SARs show that banks flagged dozens of wire transfers involving Hunter Biden, whom the banks described as a “politically exposed person” with “negative media for possible political corruption.” But none of the SARs related to Hunter Biden have shown that Joe Biden was involved in the business deals.

All that being said, there was apparently a well-founded basis for the banks to scrutinize Hunter Biden’s financial transactions. There is an ongoing Justice Department criminal probe into his finances. Federal prosecutors say he failed to pay taxes on time for several years, and career IRS investigators believe he committed tax evasion, according to court filings and congressional testimony. A special counsel investigation into Hunter Biden’s taxes is ongoing.

Quote:Claim: Then-VP Biden used his powers to help his son’s business

“Biden used his official office to coordinate with Hunter Biden’s business partners about Hunter’s role in Burisma, the Ukrainian energy company,” McCarthy said, apparently referring to Biden’s time as vice president.

Facts First: There is no public evidence that Joe Biden abused his government powers to help his family.

These allegations from House Republicans are still evolving. House Oversight Republicans are currently going back and forth with the National Archives to obtain un-redacted emails and documents between then-Vice President Biden’s office and Hunter Biden’s business associates. Republicans are raising concerns about Joe Biden’s vice presidential office and Hunter Biden’s associates coordinating on a statement responding to a press story.

Additionally, since 2019, Republicans have falsely accused Joe Biden of abusing his powers to get a top Ukrainian prosecutor fired because the prosecutor’s probe into Burisma supposedly threatened Hunter Biden. These claims have been repeatedly debunked.
In reality, Joe Biden’s actions were consistent with bipartisan US policy, which sought to remove the prosecutor because he wasn’t doing enough to crack down on corruption – including at Burisma. The Obama administration, Senate Republicans, US allies, the International Monetary Fund and Ukrainian anti-corruption activists, among others, had all made clear that they were displeased with the performance of Viktor Shokin, who became Ukraine’s prosecutor general in 2015.

Replacing Shokin would’ve ramped up scrutiny of Burisma, not shut it down. It is not even clear how aggressively Shokin was investigating Zlochevsky or Burisma at the time Joe Biden pushed for Shokin’s firing.

During the 2020 election campaign, Senate Republicans led a probe to find evidence on whether Biden abused his position to help his family, but came up empty.

Quote:Claim: Biden lied about his knowledge of family’s business deals

“The President did lie to the American people about his own knowledge of his family’s foreign business dealings,” McCarthy said.

Facts First: Joe Biden’s unequivocal denials of any business-related contact with his son have been undercut over time. But so far there is no public evidence that his occasional interactions with Hunter Biden’s business partners led to him getting substantively involved in his son’s financial arrangements.

During the 2020 presidential campaign, Joe Biden has said he and Hunter Biden “never discussed” business and have “never spoken” about his overseas deals. The White House has recently offered some new denials and has said the president “was not in business” with Hunter Biden.

“The answer is not going to change,” White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said on July 24.”The answer remains the same: The President was never in business with his son. I just don’t have anything else to add.”

Hunter Biden told The New Yorker magazine in 2019 that he recalled his father briefly discussing his Burisma board role with him once; Hunter Biden said, “Dad said, ‘I hope you know what you are doing,’ and I said, ‘I do.’”

And there is evidence that Joe Biden has at least some surface-level interactions that overlapped with his son’s business activities – a handshake with his son’s business partners in China and the aforementioned dinners and speakerphone conversations. Republicans have also found evidence that Hunter Biden flew with his father on Air Force Two on foreign trips where Hunter Biden met with business associates.

House Republicans have used these examples to try to connect Joe Biden to his son’s lucrative business activities – but so far, the only picture painted has been a son, using his father’s name to help further his business. On that note, Archer testified to Congress that he agreed it’s fair to say Hunter Biden was selling an “illusion” of access to his father.

In addition to Archer’s testimony that Joe Biden did not talk to his son’s contacts about substantive business matters, another Hunter Biden business partner, Eric Schwerin, told Congress he wasn’t aware of any involvement by Joe Biden in the overseas deals.
An IRS whistleblower gave Congress a summary of text messages from 2017 where Hunter Biden allegedly used his father as leverage to pressure a Chinese company into paying him. But the whistleblower said prosecutors weren’t sure if Hunter Biden was telling the truth that his father was actually in the room. Hunter Biden’s lawyers and Joe Biden himself have denied that he was in the room.

Regardless, Joe Biden’s denials seem to be falling flat with the American public, according to new CNN polls released last week. About 61% of Americans believe Joe Biden was involved in his son’s business dealings in Ukraine and China while he was vice president, according to the poll.

In response to McCarthy launching the impeachment inquiry, Ian Sams, a spokesperson for the White House Counsel’s Office, said in a statement to CNN, “House Republicans have been investigating the President for 9 months, and they’ve turned up no evidence of wrongdoing. His own Republican members have said so. He vowed to hold a vote to open impeachment, now he flip flopped because he doesn’t have support. This is extreme politics at its worst.” 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Just an FYI, the accountant's claim he told Congress he was not aware of HB's business deals was debunked by James Comer. Comer said they have yet to have Schwerin (HB's and JB's) money manager testify under oath. They have also not interviewed HB under oath nor Tony Bobulinski and other HB business partners.

But going through the last post, I see evidence verified by CNN. Evidence JB, the white house and liberals say did not exist. The other thing is CNN fact checkers gave no Pinocchio's, but have given JB a lot of them in last 2 years.

It appears the first impeachment hearing is next Thursday. They are also issuing subpoenas to banks both domestic and abroad for Jim, Hunter and Joe Biden this week. It is also my understanding they are issuing subpoenas also to look at any safety deposit boxes for Biden family members also.

This thread was about exposing the lies of Je Biden and also his press secretary Karine Jean- Pierre.

The thread is proving Biden's huge lies.

Also, just an FYI, HB's new attorney went on record stating Joe Biden was never in business with HB WHILE HE WAS VP. I highlight the while Joe Biden because I am curious why the attorney did not say NEVER IN HIS LIFE. A lot of the issues actually happened after Joe Biden was not in office from 2017 to 2020.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 02:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just an FYI, the accountant's claim he told Congress he was not aware of HB's business deals was debunked by James Comer. Comer said they have yet to have Schwerin (HB's and JB's) money manager testify under oath. They have also not interviewed HB under oath nor Tony Bobulinski and other HB business partners.

But going through the last post, I see evidence verified by CNN. Evidence JB, the white house and liberals say did not exist. The other thing is CNN fact checkers gave no Pinocchio's, but have given JB a lot of them in last 2 years.

It appears the first impeachment hearing is next Thursday. They are also issuing subpoenas to banks both domestic and abroad for Jim, Hunter and Joe Biden this week. It is also my understanding they are issuing subpoenas also to look at any safety deposit boxes for Biden family members also.

This thread was about exposing the lies of Je Biden and also his press secretary Karine Jean- Pierre.

The thread is proving Biden's huge lies.

Also, just an FYI, HB's new attorney went on record stating Joe Biden was never in business with HB WHILE HE WAS VP. I highlight the while Joe Biden because I am curious why the attorney did not say NEVER IN HIS LIFE. A lot of the issues actually happened after Joe Biden was not in office from 2017 to 2020.

That's not "debunking".  That's admitting they don't have anything.

This thread is only proving people are willing to believe anything as long as it attacks the person they don't like no matter if there are true facts or not.
Reply/Quote
Right, they are going to show the world they are trying to impeach Biden and then shut down the government because they aren't actually doing thei job they are supposed to prioritize. That is going to piss off an awful lot of independents because they know its the Republican's fault.

The people are supposed to be the priority, not political revenge

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote:  But past impeachment inquiries in recent history have typically started with more publicly available evidence.

Like the Steele Dossier?  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 09:22 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Surprisingly, Shokin's firing wasn't all about Burisma. There was much more corruption he was ignoring beyond Burisma.
Yes and no, but timing certainly doesn't look good for someone that knows nothing about his Sons business dealings and you have no room to say at that point Joe didn't know about Burisma considering it was public info already. He should have let someone else take the lead on getting Shokin fired.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 03:04 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: You’re warping my post. I’m not “just focused on the smoke.” I’m of the belief if there’s that much smoke from so many sources, there’s probably fire somewhere. I thought the same about the Russia collusion, until a 2 year investigation turned up dry. In this case, it turns out there WAS fire there. Hence, if even the Q-Anon-tards knew about the “smoke” which turned out to be NOT just smoke, you can bet the entire Biden clan knew. Apparently the fact that I was mocking Q-Anon’s typical conspiracy theories went over your head.to do that in a constitutional republic.

Our metrics are so different. 

By my standards, a two-year investigation which ends in over two-dozen convictions and almost as many expulsions from the U.S. is not one which "turned up dry." I'm genuinely baffled you claim that.

And in contrast to that investigation, which brought evidence to convict and convicted, and whose investigators did not tease us daily with "proof tomorrow," you say that Biden investigation has revealed "fire"? If that were the case, then why do House leaders want to start an impeachment process TO GET EVIDENCE rather than, as in the usual legal manner, to start the process AFTER they have it?

Because people, especially on the right, will conclude smoke from so many sources must mean fire, that's an incentive for right wing politicians to produce "smoke from so many sources." Inhaling that smoke is not a convincing way to "mock" Qanon conspiracy theories.

(09-17-2023, 03:04 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: The same congress that made everything he wanted to do nearly impossible for 4 straight years? The executive branch is 1/3 of the government. They do not have control over congress. Executive orders are about as close to that as possible, and they can be undone on day 1 of the next presidency. You’re acting like he’s going to come in and tyrannize the country. It’s literally impossible to do that in a constitutional republic. 

I'm not complaining about the resort to executive orders in principle. Obama had to do that too, when the GOP refused to govern.

It is not impossible for Trump to TRY and tyrannize the country. He does not understand rule of law. He directly and vindictively punishes whistleblowers. He chooses advisors not because they tell him what he needs to know, but because they validate what he wants to hear and do. If they don't, they are out and he'll pick someone more pliable. And he will choose more carefully if he gets back in office. No Mattis or Kelly or Bolton to restrain him. Qanon Flynn will be back. That construction of compliant advisors is a characteristic of authoritarian governance. It sets a tone of personal rule (as opposed to rule of law) from the top down. The vindictive punishment of whistleblowers and their family members does that as well.

You speak of Biden "weaponizing" the DoJ on nothing but Fox evidence. Trump's DoJ was ready to resign because he demanded illegal actions, because he was destroying their autonomy from the WH--the autonomy they need to remain impartial and legitimate. He wanted to use the DoJ to invalidate the election.

So he's already proven he will break the law to steal elections. He doesn't know how the law works and certainly doesn't understand rule of law, and he's promised revenge if gets back in office, and will consider pardoning those who destroyed the Capitol.

The worry not so much he could become a functioning dictator, but that he could "break" democracy by rendering government dysfunctional at both federal and state levels. He would paralyze those institutions upon which national security depends. It's not just him. Trump would have control of a regime party ready to implement his disruption.You're aware of the Heritage plan for 2025, right?  https://apnews.com/article/election-2024-conservatives-trump-heritage-857eb794e505f1c6710eb03fd5b58981

The knock on Constitutional Republics since ancient times is that they do become tyrannies, usually by falling into disorder to the point that citizens value a "strong" demagogic leader over rule of law. That's why Franklin famously responded to a woman who asked him what the Constitutional convention had produced--"A republic, madame, if you can keep it." As he and Madison and the rest knew, the Constitutional experiment was uncertain; its continuance would depend upon voters understanding what was at stake in keeping their government, generation after generation. The current generation did a poor job of recognizing Trump's danger last time around. 
(09-17-2023, 03:04 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: We don’t need to know “what favors” there are. He wrote to Zhao “no more favors.” What do you think he was talking about? Free ice cream? The fact that you think it’s OK and that it doesn’t imply anything, is just sad.

Unless I know what the "favors" are, and whether there actually were favors, then he is talking about nothing prosecutable. "That message must have been about something ladies and gentlemen of the jury! The defense rests."

(09-17-2023, 03:04 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Last: Hunter may not have wanted him to know. Joe may not have wanted to know. Doesn’t change the fact that knew. The Biden camp knew fully well that Hunter is an election liability, likely the biggest one. In order to get elected and handle the mudslinging that would come with said liability, that HAD to know exactly what he was up to. It’s just not reasonable to think Joe Biden didn’t know that his son, who has struggled with working and addiction his entire life, all of a sudden became a millionaire. Even someone as oblivious and senile as Joe Biden. It’s a certainty that he kept up with Hunter, he’s a liability and the Biden camp, out of self interest, had to have a short leash on him. Like I said, you just refuse to listen to reason on this. Do you hate Trump that much? Put away your TDS for like… 5 seconds and try to look at this from a neutral perspective.

Well it's not yet a "fact" that he knew anything beyond something general--his son had dealings with China. Wasn't getting money from them while Joe was in office.  The money HB got from Burisma so far looks perfectly legal. You can't impeach Biden on that, whether he knew or didn't. And the accusation advanced by your friends in the House is not that Joe "kept up" with Hunter, but that he worked with and profited from his business. That's why this is supposed to be "the greatest financial scandal in U.S. history." Since the business so far looks legal, they can't move on Joe unless they find some smoking gun of the sort I suggested above--money routed into his bank accounts, messages demanding the big guy get his cut, etc. Short of that, this is just Benghazi with more fishing expeditions to come.

I don't see how Joe could keep a "short leash" on someone like HB. The "certainty" there is only yours and Comer's and MTG's. Stop attributing my insistence on proper, legal evidentiary protocols to TDS. Those protocols are one of bars between a constitutional republic and tyranny.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 11:57 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ironically enough, CNN attempted to "fact check" McCarthy's claims. Turns out that they were unable to disprove any of them.

So, it was good to actually read the article which was definitely mischaracterized by that opinion piece you shared. Even if it weren't a gross mischaracterization, though, that's not how things work. The GOP House needs to prove that President Biden engaged in high crimes or misdemeanors. Thus far, that has not been proven.

Honestly, though, I am okay with the GOP opening the inquiry. Just look at what tends to happen to approval ratings of the sitting POTUS when they are being impeached. Let the House draw this out and shirk their duties of governance. Keep it going as long as they like. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 09:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, it was good to actually read the article which was definitely mischaracterized by that opinion piece you shared. Even if it weren't a gross mischaracterization, though, that's not how things work. The GOP House needs to prove that President Biden engaged in high crimes or misdemeanors. Thus far, that has not been proven.

Honestly, though, I am okay with the GOP opening the inquiry. Just look at what tends to happen to approval ratings of the sitting POTUS when they are being impeached. Let the House draw this out and shirk their duties of governance. Keep it going as long as they like. Ninja

Joe Biden and the DNC has around 25 days to decide if Biden is their nominee. On Oct.15 the deadline for all candidates to file in Nevada. So, if a surprise candidate other than JB is coming, they can't get on the ballot in Nevada if they miss the deadline. If Joe drops out, it will be a choice between those who have registered in Nevada. So RFK Jr. and Williamson.

My point is the deadline for Joe to run or not is fast approaching, they can't just give away Nevada to the GOP.

As for the impeachment inquiry (it is not an impeachment trial yet). the committees get more power to get subpoenas which includes all the Biden departments and the National archives to cooperate and end the stonewalling.

The impeachment inquiry has just begun, there is a long way to go until the decide if impeachment is the way to go.

As for Biden's numbers getting better as he goes through an impeachment inquiry, in time we will see how accurate than opinion of yours is. The early signs are JB is losing voters, could be the investigation, could be the economy and attack on fossil fuels, could be his open boder immigration policies, could be his age and energy or could be all of them.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 04:02 PM)pally Wrote: Right, they are going to show the world they are trying to impeach Biden and then shut down the government because they aren't actually doing thei job they are supposed to prioritize.  That is going to piss off an awful lot of independents because they know its the Republican's fault.

The people are supposed to be the priority, not political revenge

The GOP can do multiple things at the same time. As a conservative, I hope they do partially shut down the government if Biden refuses to secure our borders and agree to pre-Coviid levels of spending. Only the non-essential portion of our government will go on furlough, get a nice vacation and then be paid full back pay when the budget is resolved.

The essential services like social security, Medicare and Medicaid will not be impacted.

Again, they are not impeaching Biden, they are gathering evidence to decide if impeachment evidence is sufficient to impeach Biden.

You also need to look in the mirror, the Democratic party persecuted Trump with little to know evidence in the house, then the senate dismissed it, not once, but twice. All because Trump was a political outsider and was elected. Both sides of the aisle have skeletons in the closet, the 2 parties protect each other. Both parties fear Trump will find those skeletons.

I may be wrong, but fairly certain Democrats were running an impeachment trial against Trump and budget was not approved.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 12:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: “Dad said, ‘I hope you know what you are doing,’ and I said, ‘I do.’”

AHA!!! Luvnit and McCarthy are RIGHT!!!

Joe DID discuss business with Hunter!!

He was lying through his teeth when he told us he had nothing to do with it!!Rant
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 09:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The impeachment inquiry has just begun, there is a long way to go until the decide if impeachment is the way to go.

I think the House GOP leaders have already decided impeachment is the way to go--except for the ones in districts that Biden won.

First job ahead for them is to get what, until now, has STARTED an impeachment process, viz., evidence.

Long way to go, apparently. Yes.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2023, 04:27 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Like the Steele Dossier?  Sarcasm

The Steele Dossier started an impeachment process?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 11:06 AM)Dill Wrote: AHA!!! Luvnit and McCarthy are RIGHT!!!

Joe DID discuss business with Hunter!!

He was lying through his teeth when he told us he had nothing to do with it!!Rant

You can point that out, but i'd like to point out that the Burisma owner was recently busted for trying to bribe the current prosecutor. 
The danger there is that their is also claims the Burisma owner sent money to both Bidens (both by the Burisma owner and FBI whistle blower). If the records can be found, then Joe's in DEEP Sh*t.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 11:13 AM)Dill Wrote: The Steele Dossier started an impeachment process?

it was one of the documents involved was it or was it not?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 11:23 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: it was one of the documents involved was it or was it not?

So that wasn't sarcasm?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2023, 11:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: So that wasn't sarcasm?

Yes and no, some of you (specifically the person i responded to) want to play the technicalities game and make the claim and argue with everyone that it wasn't THE document that started it all which is not what i said, but the document WAS involved in the groundwork .
Reply/Quote