Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow #1
I just wanted to say a few words on Joe Cool

I've always held Kenny Anderson as my favorite Bengal, he was the QB of my youth and I put him on a pedestal. I loved Anthony Munoz, still do. Although I went thru a time not liking him to much Chad will always be at the top of my list. Big Whit is way up there, just to name a few.

But Joe Burrow is now my new #1 !!

He has totally changed this franchise, we've finally turned the corner, due to Joe. So much has been said after the Bills game and it's true. He's just a stone cold killer of the opposition's souls. You can't rattle him. He sees the field like no other. He's just all around awesome. We are so very blessed to have him.

Thank you Joe, my new favorite Bengal of all time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I love his confidence and love the way he reads defenses, then dismantles them.

I love his press conferences. The playoff window is every year.

I also love he is playing for a young coach, but a coach it is obvious he respects.

ZT and Joe Burrow may be the new BB and Tom Brady. Both are early in their careers, but definitely possible.

It is a fun time to be a Bengals fan, enjoy the journey. God knows Bengals fans deserve it.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Agree. Joe has to be number 1 at this point. There is just no controversy with him. He does everything right, be it on the field or off.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 11:12 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I love his confidence and love the way he reads defenses, then dismantles them.

I love his press conferences. The playoff window is every year.

I also love he is playing for a young coach, but a coach it is obvious he respects.

ZT and Joe Burrow may be the new BB and Tom Brady. Both are early in their careers, but definitely possible.

It is a fun time to be a Bengals fan, enjoy the journey. God knows Bengals fans deserve it.

Yes

We've suffered thru 30+ years of pain with a sprinkling of mediocre. It's time 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 11:14 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Agree.  Joe has to be number 1 at this point.  There is just no controversy with him.  He does everything right, be it on the field or off.

Yes sir

He's the absolute entire package.
Reply/Quote
No one will ever surpass Whitworth as my #1 favourite player ever, but I think Dunlap's position at #2 is in jeopardy, especially if we win a SB with Burrow.

Closest thing to Peyton Manning cerebrally, the league has ever had IMO, has an arm and presence like Brady and an attitude/demeanor like Montana.

Put that all together and you have the one, the only, the quintessential, Joe Burrow.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It's kind of hard to argue at this point. I think Ken Anderson had some better individual seasons and also brought home an MVP, but Joe has nearly tripled his post-season victories in just under three seasons of play. The Bengals have a Super Bowl berth and two AFC championship berths under Joe. There is still a lot of career left, too.

Patrick Mahomes quickly became the Chiefs greatest of all-time with the way he started, and I think Burrow is arguably there as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No one will ever surpass Whitworth as my #1 favourite player ever, but I think Dunlap's position at #2 is in jeopardy, especially if we win a SB with Burrow.

Closest thing to Peyton Manning cerebrally, the league has ever had IMO, has an arm and presence like Brady and an attitude/demeanor like Montana.

Put that all together and you have the one, the only, the quintessential, Joe Burrow.

Love ya Truck, but if you don’t already have Joe friggin Burrow ahead of Dunlap you’re a silly (Canadian) goose. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No one will ever surpass Whitworth as my #1 favourite player ever, but I think Dunlap's position at #2 is in jeopardy, especially if we win a SB with Burrow.

Who was it, Eisen, who said he had Joe Namath's star power, Brady's ability to dissect defenses and and nerves like Montana....
Reply/Quote
Bengals are now favored over the chiefs
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:37 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: It's kind of hard to argue at this point. I think Ken Anderson had some better individual seasons and also brought home an MVP, but Joe has nearly tripled his post-season victories in just under three seasons of play. The Bengals have a Super Bowl berth and two AFC championship berths under Joe. There is still a lot of career left, too.

Patrick Mahomes quickly became the Chiefs greatest of all-time with the way he started, and I think Burrow is arguably there as well.

Yes sir, there's still a lot down the road. But what he's already put behind him is just plain awesome. 

All of us long time Bengal fans have ate a lot of crap over the decades. And at times it's hard for me to even wrap my brain around what's been happening lately. But Joe has taken this franchise to a place we could only dream of. He's the man.
Reply/Quote
He's #9.

[Image: ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif]
Reply/Quote
If he loves the Bengals as much as we think he does and they can agree a pay structure along with a few of our current top players he could inflict huge damage on teams for another 15 years or so if he stays healthy and has a top notch offensive line. The man has every weapon needed and is fearless and highly intelligent. All those years of being crap and getting Joe first man up now seem worth it. We finally have a team of great coaches and fine players who fight for each other. The future has never been brighter and thank the Lord for it.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:37 PM)Cuzz from England Wrote: If he loves the Bengals as much as we think he does and they can agree a pay structure along with a few of our current top players he could inflict huge damage on teams for another 15 years or so if he stays healthy and has a top notch offensive line. The man has every weapon needed and is fearless and highly intelligent. All those years of being crap and getting Joe first man up now seem worth it. We finally have a team of great coaches and fine players who fight for each other. The future has never been brighter and thank the Lord for it.

I think we might see the First contract based on CAP%

Be interesting how they handled it.   But looks like they are gonna try and get it knocked out some time after the league year rolls over.
Reply/Quote
I also have Burrow as my new favorite Bengal.

I loved the collective late 80s team when my fandom began: Boomer, JB, Icky, Brown, Munoz, Fulcher, Krumrie, and many other players.

The '90s were brutal.

Chad Johnson made it cool and fun to be a Bengals fan again in the early 2000s. Chad held my "favorite Bengal" status until these last few seasons.

Joe Burrow it is... #1.

Note: Logan Wilson is also pretty sweet and I hope we keep him for awhile.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 01:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bengals are now favored over the chiefs

That honestly means nothing... they're just trying to even out the betting money.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is the Man !

Tiger

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
There's a special place in my heart for Shake n Blake, but Burrow's at least #3.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who was it, Eisen, who said he had Joe Namath's star power, Brady's ability to dissect defenses and and nerves like Montana....

And the best part is that he doesn't randomly yell "Omaha" repeatedly and sport an epically huge forehead..  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And the best part is that he doesn't randomly yell "Omaha" repeatedly and sport an epically huge forehead..  Ninja

I love Peyton Manning, but he has a "fivehead".
Reply/Quote