Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burrow Rushing
Joe Burrow obviously LOVES to fun the football.I know he did it in college,and with pretty good success.And no,he doesn’t do it alot,but I still believe he’s doing it to often,especially recently.

I know he has a very competitive personality,and that’s great, but the way he’s been running the ball in recent games has me concerned.For instance I believe maybe the Titans game where he had handoff to Perine or keep option off the RG.

He kept it,ran about 5yds.Then spin move,tackled by 2 defenders,(no slide) and landed awkwardly.Was surprised he got up.If I were his HC I’d put him on a leash.The only time he’d carry would be maybe the occasional QB sneak.

If he keeps this up,I’m just afraid it’s just a matter of time until the unthinkable happens.You’re thoughts???
Reply/Quote
Why do you hate the space bar?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Gamers gonna game.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
I have no problem with him running the ball its a great way to punish the defense. I would like to see him take less hits though.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Why do people constantly think they know what's better than the professionals who actually play the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 05:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why do you hate the space bar?

geezguycountyourblessingditcouldbeworse
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I agree with the OP. It is a good part for a QB to have in his game as it can put the defense in a tough spot and create some easy first downs. I would prefer to keep it at a minimum or make sure Burrow knows to slide rather than take the hit. He has taken some awkward hits the last couple of weeks.
Reply/Quote
Joe only runs a hand full of times per game and tends to slide unless he's fighting for a first down.

He has taken one or two big hits in the last few weeks (the one where he followed Perine through the hole last week and the 3rd and 3 this week), but he generally avoids contact on his runs pretty well.

If Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, Justin Herbert, Justin Fields, Daniel Jones and Kyler Murray can run it 100+ times per year and not get injured (as a result of running), then I think Joe can handle 50 times per year.

I think some fans clench up every time Joe is hit because of his ACL tear, but he's fully healed. That injury had nothing to do with some kind of inherent weakness within Joe. It was just a freak accident where his leg got pinned and fallen on. It could happen to anyone on any play whether they're in the pocket or out of it. In fact, running may give him a chance of avoiding those injuries because he's generally not surrounded by 300+ lb guys when he's running haha.
Reply/Quote
Am fine with him running when necessary but want him to slide instead of taking hits.

He is way too valuable to the Bengals future to take hits from LBers and Safety's just for an extra yard or so.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
JB got his knee shredded by staying in the pocket
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He has picked up some key first downs, and it’s demoralizing to a defense. Well at least I think it is. When the Bengals have a team at third and long and a QB scrambles for a first it just knocks the wind right out. Oh and he got injured in the pocket.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow loves playing football, not playing Quarterback. He's going to run, and likes the contact of getting hit. He'd come in at Linebacker on defense if Lou would let him. He doesn't need to change a thing, the way he plays is what makes him who he is.
Reply/Quote
I hold my breath anytime the defense gets near him. But, Joe runs when appropriate unlike some QBs who run first pass second or who run when their first option is covered

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He generally runs only when the WR's are covered and there is an open lane.

I think it's a good way to keep the defense off balance. When they play 7 guys in coverage, it's generally 'free' yards.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 05:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Why do people constantly think they know what's better than the professionals who actually play the game.

I think that is part of the fan experience.?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 11:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He generally runs only when the WR's are covered and there is an open lane.

I think it's a good way to keep the defense off balance. When they play 7 guys in coverage, it's generally 'free' yards.

I agree but I still get worried every time.  
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 05:43 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Joe Burrow obviously LOVES to fun the football.

He's doing WHAT to footballs?!  Shocked
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He's doing WHAT to footballs?!  Shocked

It’s called 100% dedication. The new GOAT. Don’t question his methods.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:55 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: It’s called 100% dedication. The new GOAT. Don’t question his methods.

As long as his balls are properly inflated, who are we to judge?
Reply/Quote
Joe B do not lead the WR so close to the sidelines with throws if it is close and we are in the refs call us out or the replay guys in New York call us out and the camera replay guys will not show a decent angle to see if he was in or not. The only cam views they showed on TV was a foot off the ground from the other side of the field so you could not see color of grass between toes and white chalk sidelines. If it is close the refs will screw us more often then we get the calls you have been here and watched tape enough to know this Joe take it out of the refs and New Yorks hands.

And WR please keep your feet well back from the sideline do not worry about falling down and keeping your feet under you. If it is a sideline pass catch the ball and keep your feet well in bounds if you fall to the ground its ok. Better than the ref taking the catch and yards away from you that you work so hard for and have very limited reps since there is only one ball to go around.
Reply/Quote