Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow "There's nothing down the field if teams play us like they (Ravens) did"
(10-10-2022, 01:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I think Collinsworth mentioned it. I wasn't sure what I thought about the comment. Burrow is a pro and it isn't like he only throws deep passes. The comment seemed pertinent to the moment but not perhaps an overall accurate reflection about Burrow's career as a passer.

Same, although it does seem he's had more batted this year than prior. Of course, that's just going off memory and what we saw last night.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes.  That was Cris Collinsworth who, following that “little nugget” said he played with the two best quarterbacks in Bengal history thereby implying Joe Burrow isn’t as good as Boomer Esiason or Ken Anderson.

I thought it was Cris....just seemed like an odd assertion. 

So far, he's correct....but Joe's got a few years to change that.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 02:27 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes.  That was Cris Collinsworth who, following that “little nugget” said he played with the two best quarterbacks in Bengal history thereby implying Joe Burrow isn’t as good as Boomer Esiason or Ken Anderson.

Well, he isn't. At least, not yet. I would 100% agree with that implication. 
Reply/Quote
It's been week after week of teams doing this...
It's up to the offense to adjust.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
None of this really matters, I’ll go ahead and post that everyone will hate, Burrow will not resign with the bengals. He will sign elsewhere once his contract is up. He will go somewhere that will consistently invest in pieces and where coaches give him more play calling abilities.
Something tells me Burrow would take a little less to play for a team that is a consistent winner year in and out. I could actually see him in a bronco’s uniform.

Those are just the facts.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:26 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: None of this really matters, I’ll go ahead and post that everyone will hate,  Burrow will not resign with the bengals.  He will sign elsewhere once his contract is up.  He will go somewhere that will consistently invest in pieces and where coaches give him more play calling abilities.
Something tells me Burrow would take a little less to play for a team that is a consistent winner year in and out.  I could actually see him in a bronco’s uniform.

Those are not facts, but opinions. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:26 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: None of this really matters, I’ll go ahead and post that everyone will hate, Burrow will not resign with the bengals. He will sign elsewhere once his contract is up. He will go somewhere that will consistently invest in pieces and where coaches give him more play calling abilities.
Something tells me Burrow would take a little less to play for a team that is a consistent winner year in and out. I could actually see him in a bronco’s uniform.

They literally aren’t. And Burrow is under team control for at least 4 more years between the 5th year option and the ability to tag him twice.

I highly doubt it comes to that though. They will almost assuredly get his deal done. It’s not even worth worrying about.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:31 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Those are not facts, but opinions. 

Especially the part about Denver winning. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: Especially the part about Denver winning. Mellow

they have the same record as cincy  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:35 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Especially the part about Denver winning. Mellow

That part was pretty funny. Hackett is probably the one coach I wouldn’t trade Taylor for right about now lol.

And they’re also stuck with that awful Russ contract for the near future.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 03:00 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: What formation did those runs come out of? Answer: shotgun. Averaged almost 6 yards per carry out of shotgun last night. We kept the defense guessing with that formation. Zac just needs to look at the stats to see the writing on the wall. 

Do what is working. Sounds like that is the way to go with this O-line.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 04:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they have the same record as cincy  Mellow

Didn't matter in the Chiefs thread.  Mellow
(10-10-2022, 04:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That part was pretty funny. Hackett is probably the one coach I wouldn’t trade Taylor for right about now lol.

And they’re also stuck with that awful Russ contract for the near future.

Exactly.....and Hackett....yikes

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 07:56 AM)Trademark Wrote: Yeah I don't like the vibe either, seems like his swag is going away

So,I guess the next question is,have the Bengals ruined Joe Burrow? I hope not.He’s just not the same Joe this year.Maybe he just hit a temporary slump? He certainly has been put through the wringer since he’s been with the Bengals.All the hits he’s taken,sacks,injured.

Maybe their is a limit to how much one can take,physically,and mentally.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 08:51 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: This is the issue this year it is deep or short we have no intermediate stuff. The first 3 or 4 series was all 3 and outs every play was behind the line of scrimmage. Everything was so short they just had to crowd the line of scrimmage to stop us.
I do really struggle with how we read teams are taking away the deep passes and yet too many times the short throws are well defended too. I also find that too many passes are to receivers who are standing still and then get limited YAC. There were a couple of short check downs to Perine that he caught moving forward that got first downs. I think having Chase run crossing routes would open up a lot of room. They cannot run with him across the field so will have to pass him off. Bengals can exploit this. Also, Boyd has been pretty quiet this year and I still think Hurst can be used better downfield.
Reply/Quote
Joe has more yards 2 few tds and 1 less pick after 5 games this year compared to last. The biggest difference is his comp. % over 5 games this year is 64.9 and last year it was 72.3

Also Mixon had 2 more rushing tds 84 more yards and 4.0 compared to 3.1. It's not just Joey B
Reply/Quote
That was my weak attempt at sarcasm i guess. I figured most would pick up on it and not take it seriously, hence the "thats just the facts"

All of the posts with the meltdowns are getting old, WE all knew, or should have that we did have some luck last season, and you cant continually win on just luck. Truthfully we were lucky the score was what it was, Lamar missed on two TD's that were wide open. I think the bengals get knocked back into reality this season. probably finish 2nd in the division. We still have some growing up to do. Burrow is a legit QB, The ship will be righted.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 05:43 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: That was my weak attempt at sarcasm i guess. I figured most would pick up on it and not take it seriously, hence the "thats just the facts"

All of the posts with the meltdowns are getting old, WE all knew, or should have that we did have some luck last season, and you cant continually win on just luck. Truthfully we were lucky the score was what it was, Lamar missed on two TD's that were wide open. I think the bengals get knocked back into reality this season. probably finish 2nd in the division. We still have some growing up to do. Burrow is a legit QB, The ship will be righted.

Use the Ninja Cosmo. Too many hot takes flying around the day after a loss. You just never know.

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 07:28 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Don't love the vibe this gives off, just tells teams how to stop us. I'm sure there's further context though.

If teams take away the deep stuff, we more than have the pieces to beat teams short. I've said it before, Chase's best value to us this season might not have anything to do with getting the ball, but by just being on the field it makes teams sit back.

Beat teams with the short game. Most teams in the league would dream of having the pass catchers we do. And a lot of teams would still dream of what we have, even if you take Chase away.

Hopefully the run game can keep it going too.

Other teams deal with this all the time with crossing patterns, bunch formations and heavy use of the TE position. If ZT had any foresight he would have seen this coming and made sure we had 3 GOOD TE'S on the roster not ONE in off season. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2022, 09:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Tyler Boyd was also going against the Raven's #3 CB that he been allowing opposing QB's a PERFECT QB RATING when targeting him up to last night.  Boyd was targeted 4 times.  

I know Collinsworth was calling for it. Boyd has fallen along the way side. I can understand if Chase and Higgins are on the field but it's puzzling in a game like last night with no Higgins and a great match up. He should've been a major part of the game plan last night and instead he gets 4 targets.
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know off hand how many times
The offense has operated out of 2 TE sets In 5 games?
In 2 TE sets the offense will can find favorable single
Man match-ups on the outside
Reply/Quote