Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow- "When I'm The GOAT........"!!
This Joe Burrow story is UNREAL!

Against the Eagles, a player hit Burrow and everyone thought there was going to be a flag, including Burrow.  When he looked around and saw there wasn't one, he looked at the defender and said "one day, when I'm the GOAT, I'm going to get that call."

[Image: 125250346_3737762202913306_8843285231751...e=5FD6FF59]

That's INCREDIBLE!   We need that confidence and we need that kind of leader!  

Give him a line to give him a little time, a decent defense, and he'll win us a Super Bowl!

Holy shit!  This kid is AMAZING!
Reply/Quote
That hit was clean... Hard to watch, but it wasn't a penalty.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 12:16 PM)jason Wrote: That hit was clean... Hard to watch, but it wasn't a penalty.

The point is that Brady or Mahomes would have gotten that call, and Burrow knows that he'll be on that level one day!
Reply/Quote
Wow. QB who was a big star in college thinks he is going to be the greatest NFL QB ever.

That has NEVER happened before.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 12:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  QB who was a big star in college thinks he is going to be the greatest NFL QB ever.

That has NEVER happened before.

How many times has it ever happened in-game?

How many times has a rookie quarterback gotten up from taking a cheap shot and looked an accomplished, solid veteran in the face and said something like that?

Was his team ever struggling as much as the Bengals are to make such a bold statement?
Reply/Quote
I love that was his reaction instead of whining to the refs, or just taking it like a punk. This kid is something special.

Exactly the kind of personality I’ve wanted in our QB for forever. And before I get jumped on by the Dalton Gang for being a hater, Palmer didn’t have it either, and I was a big fan of his.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 01:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love that was his reaction instead of whining to the refs, or just taking it like a punk. This kid is something special.

Exactly the kind of personality I’ve wanted in our QB for forever. And before I get jumped on by the Dalton Gang for being a hater, Palmer didn’t have it either, and I was a big fan of his.

Yep

The Marvin and Dalton forever gang, BTW.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 12:19 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The point is that Brady or Mahomes would have gotten that call, and Burrow knows that he'll be on that level one day!

Am I the only one who hates that “star players” get preferential treatment from the officials?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 01:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love that was his reaction instead of whining to the refs, or just taking it like a punk. This kid is something special.

I mean, that is Tom Brady in a nutshell Ninja
Reply/Quote
Burrows confidence and the expectations he puts on himself
Means he will hold 52 other players to.that degree.
Been along time since the Bengals have had that kind of personality
Under center. Klinger Smith Kitna Dalton didnt have it
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 01:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I love that was his reaction instead of whining to the refs, or just taking it like a punk. This kid is something special.

EXACTLY!  

That's what leaders do!  That's what inspires teammates!

I know it's completely different circumstances, but it reminds me of a quote that I base my life around:

"When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and say "you hit like a *****"!

How many other quarterbacks in the league have that attitude?!

Still waiting on Fred's response because I'd be interested to hear it!
(11-15-2020, 01:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

The Marvin and Dalton forever gang, BTW.
Palmer had that confidence early in his career (pre-injury) and then again the year before T.O. got here, but never that swagger that just said "come and get some, bitches!  I'm not afraid of you!  I own you!"
(11-15-2020, 01:20 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Am I the only one who hates that “star players” get preferential treatment from the officials?
Money makes the world go round.  Officials know that.  They won't get big time games if they let the fans be disappointed by stars getting knocked around.
(11-15-2020, 01:22 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I mean, that is Tom Brady in a nutshell Ninja

Yep, but when you win 6 Super Bowls and appear in 3 more for a team like the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 01:23 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Burrows confidence and the expectations he puts on himself
Means he will hold 52 other players to.that degree.
Been along time since the Bengals have had that kind of personality
Under center. Klinger Smith Kitna Dalton didnt have it

More than that, it means 52 other players will hold THEMSELVES to that degree!
Reply/Quote
hopefully he'll be in stripes when he's the Goat.. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 02:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: More than that, it means 52 other players will hold THEMSELVES to that degree!

If only it would result in the places that needed to be held accountable feeling that way.

53 guys busting their ass... great.

Still have an ownership group that doesn't get it, and a lack of GM/scouting. 

Has potential to end up the same way Palmer did, pissed off and annoyed and looking for a way out.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 02:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: More than that, it means 52 other players will hold THEMSELVES to that degree!

Good point. Positive attitudes are just as contagious as negative. That's why it's important to get rid of locker room cancers quickly. There no doubt in my mind that the mindset of the players on this team is at a level we haven't seen in a while. It's great to see because you just know we are going to get better.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 02:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If only it would result in the places that needed to be held accountable feeling that way.

53 guys busting their ass... great.

Still have an ownership group that doesn't get it, and a lack of GM/scouting. 

Has potential to end up the same way Palmer did, pissed off and annoyed and looking for a way out.

Another good point. You guys are on fire today. The FO has done better the last 2 years, so we can only hope they continue to head in that direction. I guess theirs no comparison to the Mike/Marvin relationship vs. the Katie/Taylor relationship. 

Reply/Quote
We still have plenty of issues, but Palmer would have killed for the type of free agency we just had. As long as it wasn’t a one time thing, that shouldn’t be an issue going forward with Burrow. Now that they’ve seen he’s the real deal they should be even more willing to go all in.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 02:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Another good point. You guys are on fire today. The FO has done better the last 2 years, so we can only hope they continue to head in that direction. I guess theirs no comparison to the Mike/Marvin relationship vs. the Katie/Taylor relationship. 

I hope I'm wrong, I hope the team will change its culture, but 20 plus years of the same old same old has left me in the mindsight of, show me things are different before I'll buy in again.

And who knows, maybe Katie is taking more control and will have a different approach, but again... show me.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 02:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I hope I'm wrong, I hope the team will change its culture, but 20 plus years of the same old same old has left me in the mindsight of, show me things are different before I'll buy in again.

And who knows, maybe Katie is taking more control and will have a different approach, but again... show me.

I understand your reservations and don't blame you. 

Reply/Quote
Was not cheap shot.. man up Burrow..lol
Reply/Quote