Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow- "When I'm The GOAT........"!!
(11-15-2020, 04:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Was not cheap shot.. man up Burrow..lol

He never said it was. Some fans are saying it was.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 04:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Was not cheap shot.. man up Burrow..lol

True, but if you don't think Mahomes and Brady don't get a call on that, you are delusional. Your hatred is showing. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 12:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This Joe Burrow story is UNREAL!

Against the Eagles, a player hit Burrow and everyone thought there was going to be a flag, including Burrow.  When he looked around and saw there wasn't one, he looked at the defender and said "one day, when I'm the GOAT, I'm going to get that call."

[Image: 125250346_3737762202913306_8843285231751...e=5FD6FF59]

That's INCREDIBLE!   We need that confidence and we need that kind of leader!  

Give him a line to give him a little time, a decent defense, and he'll win us a Super Bowl!

Holy shit!  This kid is AMAZING!

I seriously think he could be with all of his traits, he has it all.

Hopefully if he becomes the GOAT it is with the Bengals. Put the best team possible around this guy and just enjoy the ride.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 02:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If only it would result in the places that needed to be held accountable feeling that way.

53 guys busting their ass... great.

Still have an ownership group that doesn't get it, and a lack of GM/scouting. 

Has potential to end up the same way Palmer did, pissed off and annoyed and looking for a way out.

The culture here now is A LOT different and Joe is more of a leader to keep it that way.

The lack of a GM/ownership thing could be a problem, but he's 85, so how much is he actually still running things and how long before he hangs it up?

He apparently isn't involved in much anymore anyways, so I'm wondering if we have to wait for him to die before he transforms power completely and, even if he does, Troy will follow through with his promise to hire a GM.  I'm also wondering about an indoor practice facility/medical staff and building/scouts/etc.

I'm thinking that Troy and Katie will give Joe what he wants because they know he's the future and, unlike Mike what did to Palmer, they'll actually come through on their promises.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 05:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The culture here now is A LOT different and Joe is more of a leader to keep it that way.

The lack of a GM/ownership thing could be a problem, but he's 85, so how much is he actually still running things and how long before he hangs it up?

He apparently isn't involved in much anymore anyways, so I'm wondering if we have to wait for him to die before he transforms power completely and, even if he does, Troy will follow through with his promise to hire a GM.  I'm also wondering about an indoor practice facility/medical staff and building/scouts/etc.

I'm thinking that Troy and Katie will give Joe what he wants because they know he's the future and, unlike Mike what did to Palmer, they'll actually come through on their promises.

When was that said? Seems unlikely something that big would have gone under the radar.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 05:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I seriously think he could be with all of his traits, he has it all.

Hopefully if he becomes the GOAT it is with the Bengals. Put the best team possible around this guy and just enjoy the ride.

I don't even think he needs all that much talent around him.  Don't get me wrong because it will be great if we do surround him with talent, but I think he can make players around him A LOT BETTER, like (dare I say) Brady does.

Brady has never had a back like Mixon, and neither has Rogers, which I think will make Joe's life that much easier, but I feel like he can make even average receivers look good, the same way that Brady does.  I do think that giving him a good receiving tight end would improve his game a lot because good receiving tight ends don't aren't a dime a dozen like receivers are.

A decent defense would also be nice but, with how much rules favor offenses now, we just need a defense to be able to slow down the other team.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 05:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When was that said? Seems unlikely something that big would have gone under the radar.

This is from 2008, so you'd have to think that the desire has only gotten stronger.

Quote:Sources close to the top Bengals management have confirmed to WhoDeyRevolution that senior Bengals executives are pushing for the team to hire a General Manager. According to this source, Katie and Troy Blackburn, the Executive Vice President and Vice President, respectively, are adamant about the team hiring a GM. They only impediment to the team bringing in a GM from outside the system is, no surprise here, Mike Brown. The source was not able to confirm or deny the teams supposed interest in former Dolphins GM Randy Mueller, per PFT reports.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 05:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't even think he needs all that much talent around him.  Don't get me wrong because it will be great if we do surround him with talent, but I think he can make players around him A LOT BETTER, like (dare I say) Brady does.

Brady has never had a back like Mixon, and neither has Rogers, which I think will make Joe's life that much easier, but I feel like he can make even average receivers look good, the same way that Brady does.  I do think that giving him a good receiving tight end would improve his game a lot because good receiving tight ends don't aren't a dime a dozen like receivers are.

A decent defense would also be nice but, with how much rules favor offenses now, we just need a defense to be able to slow down the other team.

I agree, Burrow could be that good. Get him a good O-line in front of him that can both pass and run block and he will be 
better than if we stay a shitty pass and run blocking O-line though. Yes, a badass TE would also really help. I like Sample 
but it would be great to have a Gronk/Kelce/Kittle type for Burrow to throw to.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 05:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This is from 2008, so you'd have to think that the desire has only gotten stronger.

Never saw this, thanks Brad.
Reply/Quote
Im still wondering which hit ya'll talking about
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 01:23 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Burrows confidence and the expectations he puts on himself
Means he will hold 52 other players to.that degree.

Just like Johnny Manziel.

He was just like Burrow.  He was sure he was going to be the GOAT also.

Same with Baker Mayfield.

See how many games ego and swagger won for those guys.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like Johnny Manziel.

He was just like Burrow.  He was sure he was going to be the GOAT also.

Same with Baker Mayfield.

See how many games ego and swagger won for those guys.

Terrible comparison. Last time I checked Burrow wasn’t out partying and doing drugs like Manziel. And he doesn’t have attitude issues like Mayfield.

Joe can have all the swagger he wants and long as he puts in the work and does the right things. Which by all accounts, he does.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Joe can have all the swagger he wants and long as he puts in the work and does the right things. Which by all accounts, he does.

I agree 100%.

That is why people should be praising his work ethic instead of him running his mouth about being the GOAT during a game.  Talking shit about being the GOAT doesn't win anything.

In fact QBs coming out of college seem to have more problems with being over-confident than lacking confidence.
Reply/Quote