Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Joe Burrow and Zac Taylor Were Smart Yesterday
(12-20-2021, 10:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ok, we'll remember that but then you have to remember were *this close* to some pretty amazing wins

Yep.  The margin between winning and losing is razor thin.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 05:59 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That’s a great question.  

If the opposing offense has a great rushing attack with an offensive line which run blocks well a plaster coverage defense will get burned on the ground.  With at least four players dropping into plaster coverage along with the defensive line trying to get to the quarterback a good rushing team can eat that defense alive.

If the Bengals were better at run blocking the game would not have been so close against the Broncos. It would have been a one sided blowout.

Remember all the ten to twenty yard runs Joe Burrow made yesterday?  The aforementioned scenario I described is how.

That's why Cleveland beat Denver with a backup QB.  They can run the ball on anyone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 12:23 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I'm thinking Zac built this team to beat the shit out of Steelers and Ravens first, then worry about everyone else when that bridge is crossed. Yeah, I know it sounds far-fetched, but look at the numbers so far: runaway wins against the main nemesis, inconsistent against the rest.

Doesn't sound far fetched at all, I think that's exactly what the Bengals did. They've dominated the division for years.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is interesting. Is there any NFL analysis video that supports this “plaster” defense from Sunday? Would like to hear what the talking heads are saying
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 03:11 PM)basballguy Wrote: This is interesting. Is there any NFL analysis video that supports this “plaster” defense from Sunday? Would like to hear what the talking heads are saying

No. It’s just a scramble drill. Denver wasn’t playing ‘plaster’ because it isn’t a coverage call - they ran cover three, some quarters, and man. Plaster is just someone’s terminology for a scramble drill, play breaks down and you grab the closest man to you.

EDIT - To answer your question, here is an article on this term and how it is used when a QB scrambles for some defenses https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/new-england-patriots/plastering-could-be-key-for-new-england-patriots-vs-seattle-seahawks-russell-wilson
Reply/Quote
I want to temper my expectations but based off college the bigger the game the better Burrow plays we might be in for a treat as Bengal fans down the stretch.
Reply/Quote