Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow belongs to everyone
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/12/sports/joe-burrow-style-super-bowl.html

He loves listening to rap and watching SpongeBob, playing Super Smash Bros. and smoking victory cigars, throwing deep touchdown passes and then reveling in the spoils of his triumphs. Joe Burrow belongs to everyone.-
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 02:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/12/sports/joe-burrow-style-super-bowl.html

He loves listening to rap and watching SpongeBob, playing Super Smash Bros. and smoking victory cigars, throwing deep touchdown passes and then reveling in the spoils of his triumphs. Joe Burrow belongs to everyone.-

Hmm yea I bet most of the people here love super smash bros and modern rap
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 02:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hmm yea I bet most of the people here love super smash bros and modern rap

I do. I'd think it's crazy if people don't know what super smash brothers is, you either have played it, or have a kid that's played it. lol. That game probably extends 20 years back by now.

But if you read that article it's about him bridging the gap between "old white men" and the current generation. He fits in anywhere.

But yeah I can't say everyone in this forum listens to rap, surely not, lol. They're just saying he's relatable to anyone, not something everyone has (they mention Brady being the whitest QB ever basically, lol).
Reply/Quote
If he belonged to me he might end up a slave forced to trim the bushes in my yard and cut the grass.. 
Are you sure you really want to go there?   Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 02:42 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/12/sports/joe-burrow-style-super-bowl.html

Cool find, Reub.  Thanks for sharing.

Speaking of cool, that isn't really what resonates with me.  I mean, Dre Kirkpatrick was called "swag" coming out of college....sure, he had swag but not much else.  It isn't even about "backing it up" for me.

What I love so much about Burrow (of course, this could become my longest post ever, as there are so many things) specifically off the field, is how he is just so comfortable in his own skin.  He is who he is and doesn't apologize for it, but he also doesn't throw it in your face, as though if you DON'T like SpongeBob, you are trash.  

It isn't easy to be liked while being insanely competitive.  People don't know how to take you.  We have all seen the tire-wrestling video where he wouldn't give up and beat an OSU linebacker, or the story where he went after Patrick Queen in one of his first practices at LSU where he felt he made a late, dirty hit on an offensive teammate.  It resulted in quite a scrum.  

He earns the respect of his teammates with his toughness, but also wins them over because he is respectful of everyone.  As the article states, he doesn't look down at anyone and can't seem to stand racial injustices.  He's more than just a great QB, he is a role model for everyone.  
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 02:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Hmm yea I bet most of the people here love super smash bros and modern rap

Smash is overrated (not BAD, just overrated) Ninty Nostalgia and nothing more.

Power Stone 2 for the DC (and PSP) does it better and it came out in 2000.

And I DESPISE modern rap (even older rap, the majority of it).

But I love Burrow <3
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 03:10 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Smash is overrated (not BAD, just overrated) Ninty Nostalgia and nothing more.

Power Stone 2 for the DC (and PSP) does it better and it came out in 2000.

And I DESPISE modern rap (even older rap, the majority of it).

But I love Burrow <3

Smash gets confusing at 4 players, but did you ever try it at 9 players? Lol. Smash Brothers debuted on N64 in 1999, it's old as hell now but kids can't seem to stop playing. It's like the street fighter 2 craze.

You should try listening to some rap, my super albino white brother in law is getting into it (unrelated, he doesn't watch sports) but he was deprived as a child. The kind where you grow up only eating one type of cereal because you aren't allowed to have marshmallows, childhood.

I listened to the kid cudi track that burrow listens to on gameday and I have no idea how that could hype anyone up. lol
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 03:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Cool find, Reub.  Thanks for sharing.

Speaking of cool, that isn't really what resonates with me.  I mean, Dre Kirkpatrick was called "swag" coming out of college....sure, he had swag but not much else.  It isn't even about "backing it up" for me.

What I love so much about Burrow (of course, this could become my longest post ever, as there are so many things) specifically off the field, is how he is just so comfortable in his own skin.  He is who he is and doesn't apologize for it, but he also doesn't throw it in your face, as though if you DON'T like SpongeBob, you are trash.  

It isn't easy to be liked while being insanely competitive.  People don't know how to take you.  We have all seen the tire-wrestling video where he wouldn't give up and beat an OSU linebacker, or the story where he went after Patrick Queen in one of his first practices at LSU where he felt he made a late, dirty hit on an offensive teammate.  It resulted in quite a scrum.  

He earns the respect of his teammates with his toughness, but also wins them over because he is respectful of everyone.  As the article states, he doesn't look down at anyone and can't seem to stand racial injustices.  He's more than just a great QB, he is a role model for everyone.  

You're welcome! 

I think he has a special ability to relate to anyone which comes in handy when bonding in the locker room or organizationally. The coaches said his emotional intelligence is off the charts. He said growing up in Athens, while not as racially diverse, had a variety of type of people (impoverished to rich) has probably helped him become how he is.

Yeah those stories of him getting crushed, telling Ed he's not going out of the game (when Ed tried to put the backup in) - then scoring on the next 3 drives. That resonated with that team. The same thing is happening here, getting sacked that many times and not slamming the ball down or looking to the sidelines.

I think the biggest thing with Joe is who doesn't like this guy? He charms everyone, even opposing fans. I think it's tough to find people that don't have any real enemies. He is a role model. He says he's not much of a trash talker but at the same time he's said he's not one to start trash talking, but he'll finish it. My kind of guy. Unfortunately I like to start and finish the talk, especially when it comes to steelers fans trying to take our joy right now lol.

When Burrow is screaming you can't effin zero him, that's definitely trash talk, but I guess it might have been a "finisher" line lol.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 03:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Smash gets confusing at 4 players, but did you ever try it at 9 players? Lol. Smash Brothers debuted on N64 in 1999, it's old as hell now but kids can't seem to stop playing. It's like the street fighter 2 craze.

You should try listening to some rap, my super albino white brother in law is getting into it (unrelated, he doesn't watch sports) but he was deprived as a child. The kind where you grow up only eating one type of cereal because you aren't allowed to have marshmallows, childhood.

I listened to the kid cudi track that burrow listens to on gameday and I have no idea how that could hype anyone up. lol

Nothing against it aside from just me not-liking it; as I've said in the other thread (halftime show), I can absolutely appreciate good rappers, who rap about great things tough times...

… but I still don't like it LOL. It's just the sound to my ears, it's not pleasing. Still D.R.E. is probably my favourite rap track ever, mainly due to that infectious piano melody by Storch and the same can be said about California Love (not a fan at all of Tupac's lyrics though lol), where both songs have transcendent melodies and beats, that anyone who likes any music can appreciate.

Those two tracks are why I'm hyped for the halftime show, despite not being a rap fan at all lol.

As for Smash, I can talk for hours about how Ninty has put out inferior products that have been fueled by nostalgia for the past 25 years, for HOURS, but now's not the time or place Wink.

Until the most-recent incarnation of the series, Power Stone 2 was still the best brawler ever made and Capcom implemented stuff in that game that not even Brawl was doing when it came out.
Reply/Quote

In his first 2 years, he’s thrown the same number of touchdowns as dalton, and has made 1 less pro bowl and has one fewer playoff appearance.
Reply/Quote
I like 90’s rap my kids listen to “modern “ rap. I rather see the Browns win the Super Bowl than listen to today’s hip hop.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 04:37 PM)CincyDog Wrote: In his first 2 years, he’s thrown the same number of touchdowns as dalton, and has made 1 less pro bowl and has one fewer playoff appearance.

You're not trying to do what I think you're trying to do, are you?

'cause if you are, GTFO.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 04:37 PM)CincyDog Wrote: In his first 2 years, he’s thrown the same number of touchdowns as dalton, and has made 1 less pro bowl and has one fewer playoff appearance.

I guess winning 3 playoff games, a 3-0 record isn't as good as a 0-5 record..Interesting.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

CincyDog Joined Feb 2022 and makes this post..  Nice troll.

Edit:  Just looked up your other posts, including this gem from yesterday, yep troll.

(02-12-2022, 12:10 AM)CincyDog Wrote: Andy Dalton took the bengals to 2 playoffs in his first 2 years, and played in a pro bowl. Burrow has only made half the playoff appearances as dalton, and has never played in a pro bowl over the last 2 seasons

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

I will take SpongeBob, deep touchdowns. Joe revelling and any good cigar. You can have Super Smash Bros. and rap's devolution of music.
Reply/Quote

In Daltons first 2 years he was in 3 playoff games hmmm didn't know that.
Reply/Quote
CincyDog, fred's burner account?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 03:09 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Cool find, Reub.  Thanks for sharing.

That's one of the big things that makes him stand out. He's not out to impress anybody, bend to this or change for that. He is what he is and it's afraid to show it. He doesn't shove it on you either. He's just so cool.
Reply/Quote
Im ***** joking around.

Andy dalton was a 9 year backup we force fed into starting for fear of being ‘worse’

He was the worst thing to happen to this franchise in 30 years.

Terrible enough to be a joke to all other teams, and just ok enough for the bengals to fall in love
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 08:36 PM)CincyDog Wrote: Im ***** joking around.

Andy dalton was a 9 year backup we force fed into starting for fear of being ‘worse’

He was the worst thing to happen to this franchise in 30 years.

Terrible enough to be a joke to all other teams, and just ok enough for the bengals to fall in love
nice way of teetering under the ban hammer..  Cool

Reply/Quote