Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burrow full of himself?
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/09/20/jason-whitlock-compares-full-of-himself-joe-burrow-to-josh-rosen-rg3/69506776007/
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:49 AM)kurisu Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/09/20/jason-whitlock-compares-full-of-himself-joe-burrow-to-josh-rosen-rg3/69506776007/

Well that certainly satisfies my fill of stupidity for the next week....maybe even year. Thats such a poor take its not even worth discussing.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 08:49 AM)kurisu Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/09/20/jason-whitlock-compares-full-of-himself-joe-burrow-to-josh-rosen-rg3/69506776007/

Won't even click it.  Saw the tweet.  Mo had a hilarious response;  "We are all now competing for the 2nd dumbest post of all time".

Jason Whitlock is a turd that has played the race card so much that he should be a dealer in Vegas.  Tired and dumb.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well if you know Whitlock this isn’t about Joe…. this is about his little obscure attempt to say that it’s a double standard out there. If Joe was black he’d had already been ridiculed and scrutinized. That’s his mantra not Joe. He’s just using Joe as a vehicle. I’m not saying there’s not some truth to that but he’s always looking to promote that angle 365/24/7. If he wanted to limit it to Joe’s dress and stuff like eyewear that’s one thing and contrast it to how Black players are scrutinized sometimes that’s okay but Joe’s personality was a huge stretch
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
https://youtu.be/JUBIU0gkWfs

Reply/Quote
I don't know who Jason Whitlock is, but just perusing his twitter, he seems like a complete nutjob.

I wouldn't worry what he thinks of Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Meh....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I thought it was rather foolish and good for a laugh.
Reply/Quote
With Burrow struggling, expect many to come out with their hot takes given they've had to keep them under their breath for the last two years.

We already see this from fanbases, expect the pundits to start taking those shots they've held in as well.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: With Burrow struggling, expect many to come out with their hot takes given they've had to keep them under their breath for the last two years.

We already see this from fanbases, expect the pundits to start taking those shots they've held in as well.

Right, it's the opposite tact from all of the fawning they were all doing this past January.  Remember all the gushing over Joe you would see daily on Good Morning Football and the like?  Well, now that Joe is down it's the optimum time for all the talking heads to kick him.  Such is the nature of this game and its celebrity side-show:  hero one day, goat the next.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Jason Whitlock is straight trash. If he didn't lean conservative he would be unemployed. Their are many talking head idiots he is king idiot. Clay Travis for example I don't agree with Clay Travis politics but I can at least respect his sports opinions.
Reply/Quote
There’s are a lot of similarities, though. I remember how cocky Rosen was after having the best college season ever and leading his team to the National Championship. And Joes just like RG3 after he took his historically bad franchise to the SB in his first full season. The similarities are shocking!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 09:12 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: There’s are a lot of similarities, though. I remember how cocky Rosen was after having the best college season ever and leading his team to the National Championship. And Joes just like RG3 after he took his historically bad franchise to the SB in his first full season. The similarities are shocking!

Rosen never won more than 8 games in a season, and definitely never went to a NC. He also wasn’t that great in college. Who else are you thinking of?
Reply/Quote
I just don't see the arrogance narrative being a thing. He has his quirks, but Joe has always conducted himself incredibly well. I'm not exactly sure how this dude thinks he's expected to act.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 09:12 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: There’s are a lot of similarities, though. I remember how cocky Rosen was after having the best college season ever and leading his team to the National Championship. And Joes just like RG3 after he took his historically bad franchise to the SB in his first full season. The similarities are shocking!

[Image: 25auvv.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 09:24 PM)samhain Wrote: I just don't see the arrogance narrative being a thing. He has his quirks, but Joe has always conducted himself incredibly well. I'm not exactly sure how this dude thinks he's expected to act.

Like Kirk Cousins…

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 09:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Rosen never won more than 8 games in a season, and definitely never went to a NC. He also wasn’t that great in college. Who else are you thinking of?

RG3 also never went to a Super Bowl. That post was…odd to say the least. LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: RG3 also never went to a Super Bowl. That post was…odd to say the least. LOL

After re-reading it, I think it is sarcasm and just a way of saying that the opinion is ridiculous. That’s all I can come up with.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: After re-reading it, I think it is sarcasm and just a way of saying that the opinion is ridiculous. That’s all I can come up with.

Has to be. Always remember the ninja, folks.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2022, 10:34 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: After re-reading it, I think it is sarcasm and just a way of saying that the opinion is ridiculous. That’s all I can come up with.

(09-22-2022, 10:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has to be. Always remember the ninja, folks.

Double bingo.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote