Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow just lost to Cooper Rush
Back in 2014 when I first moved to Michigan, I got a side gig doing security at CMU football games. Figured it'd be a fun way to get some extra cash, and I used to do the same thing at Bengals games a few years before that.

The name I always heard the most over the PA back then was Cooper Rush. He was good, but this was CMU we're talking about. Pretty sure Rush went undrafted.

So for Joe Burrow, the Heisman winning, record setting phenom, to lose to Cooper Rush is inexcusable. If things don't turn around fast, it may be time to look at Mr. Pollack and Taylor calling offense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Back in 2014 when I first moved to Michigan, I got a side gig doing security at CMU football games. Figured it'd be a fun way to get some extra cash, and I used to do the same thing at Bengals games a few years before that.

The name I always heard the most over the PA back then was Cooper Rush. He was good, but this was CMU we're talking about. Pretty sure Rush went undrafted.

So for Joe Burrow, the Heisman winning, record setting phenom, to lose to Cooper Rush is inexcusable. If things don't turn around fast, it may be time to look at Mr. Pollack and Taylor calling offense.

There were actual headlines "Cooper Rush outplays Joe Burrow."  
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor lost to McCarthy.... talk about a high level chess match there..wow.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:15 PM)Nepa Wrote: There were actual headlines "Cooper Rush outplays Joe Burrow."  

Sometimes reporters add spin

Other times, they just journal the facts.

This would be a case of the latter.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals offense got beat by Dan Quinn and the Dallas defense. Joe Burrow and Cooper Rush didn't face each other and they didn't face the same defense...they did not compete against each other.

The funny thing people don't talk enough about is that beyond the Dallas scripted plays they didn't really do anything after than. This is a case where it's obvious the defense is much better adjusting to things on the fly than the offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Back in 2014 when I first moved to Michigan, I got a side gig doing security at CMU football games. Figured it'd be a fun way to get some extra cash, and I used to do the same thing at Bengals games a few years before that.

Joe Burrow doesn't play defense.

Saying he was outplayed by Rush is one thing; saying the Burrow-led Bengals were beat by the Rush-led Cowboys is another thing; saying Burrow lost to Rush is inaccurate. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Bengals offense got beat by Dan Quinn and the Dallas defense. Joe Burrow and Cooper Rush didn't face each other and they didn't face the same defense...they did not compete against each other.

The funny thing people don't talk enough about is that beyond the Dallas scripted plays they didn't really do anything after than. This is a case where it's obvious the defense is much better adjusting to things on the fly than the offense.

Saying Dan Quinn beat Zac Taylor is more accurate ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Joe Burrow doesn't play defense.

Saying he was outplayed by Rush is one thing; saying the Burrow-led Bengals were beat by the Rush-led Cowboys is another thing; saying Burrow lost to Rush is inaccurate. 

You know what else Joe Burrow doesn't do?... Look like Joe Burrow at the moment.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Saying Dan Quinn beat Zac Taylor is more accurate ?

He beat the whole offense. Burrow couldn't even properly check out of the looks. His pass rush looks confused his O line. I mean Dan Quinn schooled everyone in the building on the Bengals offensive side of the ball.

Dan Quinn deserves another HC shot by the way...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: He beat the whole offense. Burrow couldn't even properly check out of the looks. His pass rush looks confused his O line. I mean Dan Quinn schooled everyone in the building on the Bengals offensive side of the ball.

Dan Quinn deserves another HC shot by the way...

I'll take him right now in Cincinnati, turn off Zac's key card lol. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:36 PM)jason Wrote: You know what else Joe Burrow doesn't do?... Look like Joe Burrow at the moment.

So very true.

So very sad. :frown:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Has Joe Burrow Defeated a Red Headed QB yet?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Bengals offense got beat by Dan Quinn and the Dallas defense. Joe Burrow and Cooper Rush didn't face each other and they didn't face the same defense...they did not compete against each other.

Yup. I think that was the case last year as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Why dont we have scripted plays to start a game? seems to work for most teams
Reply/Quote
First off:

Pretty sure Tony Romo wants to have Copper Rush's baby.

JB is broken. IMO they need to sit him. They should have pulled him during the Steelers' game and let him watch the action live. Forrestt Gregg pulled Ken Anderson the year he won the league MVP.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

I think that time came after last weeks shitshow against Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:36 PM)jason Wrote: You know what else Joe Burrow doesn't do?... Look like Joe Burrow at the moment.

True.  If you showed his 2 week stats to someone and asked who they think that QB is the answer would probably be something along the lines of "Someone who is getting benched so they can see what they have in the new guy, soon?"
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So very true.

So very sad. :frown:

Our Joe Cool might’ve been jinxed by the video tribute by Broadway Joe Namath. Cool video but Namath with all of his swag which is likened to our Joe, just wasn’t very good outside of winning the Jets only Super Bowl. He broke our guy. Fix our Joe!!!
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
No one is better at arguing semantics while completely ignoring the point being made than sports fans.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 03:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Has Joe Burrow Defeated a Red Headed QB yet?

Asking the real tough questions. Lol

No Commanders this season for the Bengals, but the Saints Week 6 so we'll see what happens with their QBing.

EDIT: Oh, he tied the Eagles in 2020. So he's 0-3-1 against red headed QBs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote