Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow makes history against the ravens
Joe Burrow is the first QB to throw for 400 yards and 3tds against the Ratbirds at home...

The rats have played QBs like Brady, Manning, Big Jen and none of them ever did what Burrow just did to them..
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-joe-burrow-just-did-something-no-qb-had-ever-done-against-ravens-in-baltimore/
Reply/Quote
I did see that and meant to post it!

That's a pretty big accomplishment!

The Ravens might not have their D of old where they had a murderer calling the D, but they were still a pretty solid squad!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I did see that and meant to post it!

The Ravens might not have their D of old where they had a murderer calling the D, but they were still a pretty solid squad!

I can't believe it's never been done.. That's how good there defense has always been.. Their pass D has given up 400 the last 3 weeks bow though... Imagine if it don't change what Joe will do to them in the Jungle.. He's already played them once and knows where to attack...
Reply/Quote
Also a record: The 5 sacks by the defense were the highest in Lamar's career at the Ratbirds, and that was his first loss (ever) in October.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Harbaugh is now 14-13 against the Bengals, with his last run of 5 straight wins. Have to turn that back the other way now....
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Harbaugh is now 14-13 against the Bengals, with his last run of 5 straight wins. Have to turn that back the other way now....

That and pitt.  Bengals were always pretty stout against the Browns who had been rebuilding since 1990, but they have a pretty solid, albeit beat up, team right now.  
Reply/Quote
Really liked this quote from Joe and think this will be a big thing in the division going forward.

“I got injured last year that was one of the things I was most upset about was not getting a chance against our division multiple times. I've always felt like the more I play, you know, if you give me two chances against a team, I'm going to play much better the second time. That's just common sense in my head, and I didn't get that chance against Pittsburgh and Baltimore last year. You saw against the Browns last year I got better from Game 1 to Game 2, and that's what I try to do going forward."

As the huge competitor he is he puts everything in to his study so it goes without question really the more he plays against certain teams or coaches the better he will get. I would also think that there is a strong argument that this is why he has been playing better in the 2nd half of games. He’s facing people and schemes he hasn’t seen before. The two teams he has played previously we have won convincingly and they have been his best 2 games. Bodes very well for the future
Reply/Quote
Credit Joe, but it was more than just Joe. Humphrey is a stud and couldn't handle Chase.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:27 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Credit Joe, but it was more than just Joe.  Humphrey is a stud and couldn't handle Chase.

Yep, and let's not forget what the defense did. They gave up two TDs, and one was just a helluva play by Brown. Good plan, great execution.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I did see that and meant to post it!

Injuries are part of it but they do have 15 players on IR.

That's why it's critical for the Bengals to put any 'starting pieces' in place via draft or FA, but they also need to beef up as deep as they can.
Reply/Quote
The 15 IR is an excuse thing as the starters that were missing were not world shaking in significance. And yes it was fun to see Chase just abuse Humphries. What has also been good to see is Burrow is now moving around in the pocket, which is key. He wasn’t earlier in the season and it showed.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:31 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Injuries are part of it but they do have 15 players on IR.

That's why it's critical for the Bengals to put any 'starting pieces' in place via draft or FA, but they also need to beef up as deep as they can.

We had a lot on IR last year, and it was deemed "excuses". 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:36 PM)Tony Wrote: Joe Burrow is the first QB to throw for 400 yards and 3tds against the Ratbirds at home...

The rats have played QBs like Brady, Manning, Big Jen and none of them ever did what Burrow just did to them..
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-joe-burrow-just-did-something-no-qb-had-ever-done-against-ravens-in-baltimore/

Still want Herbert over Burrow? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:36 PM)Tony Wrote: Joe Burrow is the first QB to throw for 400 yards and 3tds against the Ratbirds at home...

Nice, next year he'll have to be the first to throw for 400 yards & 4 TDs. Joe

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: We had a lot on IR last year, and it was deemed "excuses". 

Come on WW, you've got more football moxy than that.

The Bengals have NEVER had 15 on IR at the same time.

I doubt ANY NFL team has ever had that!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 10:58 AM)Joelist Wrote: The 15 IR is an excuse thing as the starters that were missing were not world shaking in significance. And yes it was fun to see Chase just abuse Humphries. What has also been good to see is Burrow is now moving around in the pocket, which is key. He wasn’t earlier in the season and it showed.

Not an 'excuse' it's a FACT, just like Steelers had 4 of their front 7 starters out in the first game!

Now, I'm one of those strange old timers that like to beat a team's best, because when THAT happens . . there's nothing left to debate!

This team has another chance, at home, to go up against both Thugsburgh and Baltimore, and I hope they are both healthy, and the Bengals can come off with Ws, AGAIN, because then . . . the FACTS will be the Bengals beat their best and swept BOTH teams in 2021!!
Reply/Quote

Thought I heard this, impressive Smokin' Joe, impressive. Rock On

(10-26-2021, 08:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Also a record:  The 5 sacks by the defense were the highest in Lamar's career at the Ratbirds, and that was his first loss (ever) in October.

It was the best I have seen a team play him in the regular season as well.

(10-26-2021, 09:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Harbaugh is now 14-13 against the Bengals, with his last run of 5 straight wins. Have to turn that back the other way now....

Knew we were pretty tight overall, we always played the Ravens tough until that last run. Time to take it back as you say and
tie up the series at our place in the next game.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought I heard this, impressive Smokin' Joe, impressive. Rock On

It was the best I have seen a team play him in the regular season as well.

Knew we were pretty tight overall, we always played the Ravens tough until that last run. Time to take it back as you say and
tie up the series at our place in the next game.

NICKNAME THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 03:51 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Come on WW, you've got more football moxy than that.

How many of those 15 actually start and make a contribution? 
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 03:51 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Come on WW, you've got more football moxy than that.

2 things
First.   They had 21 players on season ending IR in 2018.
Second.   IR this year is totally different from all previous, as this year it is more of a baseball-like DL.  previous years, IR is permanent.   Prior to this year teams just inactivated their injured till they healed or if at the bottom a depth chart waived them and filled in the roster spot with PS players.   So having 15 players on IR is alot, but not like they will be without their services for the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote