Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow makes pitch for Golladay
(03-18-2021, 04:44 PM)pulses Wrote: And then draft PittsThumbsUp

All for it as you know. We got Reiff! Rock On
Reply/Quote
IF we really have Reiff THEN I am okay with Pitts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 04:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: IF we really have Reiff THEN I am okay with Pitts.

We got him. More than okay with the player who some are saying will be a future HOF'er.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We got him. More than okay with the player who some are saying will be a future HOF'er.

We really got Reiff? That would be super sweet. Ive been hoping all day we would hear this news. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 05:26 PM)bengaloo Wrote: We really got Reiff? That would be super sweet. Ive been hoping all day we would hear this news. 

Waiting on the official signing, but this is what I heard. Looking now for it to be official and see what the contract entails.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 05:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Waiting on the official signing, but this is what I heard. Looking now for it to be official and see what the contract entails.

This is great news! I was hoping he wouldnt leave without a contract. Big upgrade at RT. We can groom someone behind him now. My biggest worry with Sewell was that not only would he be a rookie, but he sat out 2020. So this is big news whether we draft Sewel/Slater or not. Just have to address OG now.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 05:42 PM)bengaloo Wrote: This is great news! I was hoping he wouldnt leave without a contract. Big upgrade at RT. We can groom someone behind him now. My biggest worry with Sewell was that not only would he be a rookie, but he sat out 2020. So this is big news whether we draft Sewel/Slater or not. Just have to address OG now.

I don't understand why the opt-out is such a big concern with Sewell but it's never even mentioned with Slater. He opted out too. They're both on a level playing field in that regard.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We got him. More than okay with the player who some are saying will be a future HOF'er.

I'd like more proof than a Twitter channel with a tiny following. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 05:54 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: I don't understand why the opt-out is such a big concern with Sewell but it's never even mentioned with Slater. He opted out too. They're both on a level playing field in that regard.

Well I feel that way about both of them and any player who sat out. Reiff gives us that solid piece who can groom someone behind him. He is 32, but if we could get 2-3 good years out of him it would go a long way. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 05:54 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: I don't understand why the opt-out is such a big concern with Sewell but it's never even mentioned with Slater. He opted out too. They're both on a level playing field in that regard.

Pretty simple really, Slater played college ball 3 years, including starting as a Freshman,  before opting out. Sewell opted out his Junior year. Sewell also started as a Freshman, but was injured halfway through the season. So Slater played 3 full years of college ball, Sewell played 1.5.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 05:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'd like more proof than a Twitter channel with a tiny following. 

Me too, keep looking around for something official. Nervous
Reply/Quote
Bengals players lobbying the FO for something doesn't usually end well, does it?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bengals players lobbying the FO for something doesn't usually end well, does it?

When Mike was running things, no, it didn't (like when Palmer only signed his contract because he was promised certain things and then Mike reneged), but, now that we have people running the show that are interested in winning, I think it can only help if our leader lets them know what he wants.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: When Mike was running things, no, it didn't (like when Palmer only signed his contract because he was promised certain things and then Mike reneged), but, now that we have people running the show that are interested in winning, I think it can only help if our leader lets them know what he wants.

ThumbsUp

Wait, did the Brown family sell the team?
Reply/Quote
Breaking News

Bengals Cut Joe Burrow for disrupting team chemistry.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, did the Brown family sell the team?

No but it appears that Mike's all but officially retired and Katie and Troy are pulling the strings (maybe Tobin, too)!

Do the moves this team has made recently resemble anything Mike Brown has ever done?!
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 09:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No but it appears that Mike's all but officially retired and Katie and Troy are pulling the strings (maybe Tobin, too)!

Do the moves this team has made recently resemble anything Mike Brown has ever done?!

Im all about ragging on MB but have we really done a 180?  Haven't we had this "Mike is clearly retired and a new day is here" talk before?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Im all about tagging on MB but have we really done a 180?  Haven't we had this "Mike is clearly retired and a new day is here" talk before?

Not a complete 180 because of no practice bubble, training facility, weak training staff, etc, but it's definitely near a 180 in terms of trying to bring in players to improve the team.  

We're actively trying to improve the team, whereas, during Mike Brown's years, he might make one or two moves to try and keep the fanbase excited (T.O.), but he never really seemed interested in building a team with a solid foundation.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not a complete 180 because of no practice bubble, training facility, weak training staff, etc, but it's definitely near a 180 in terms of trying to bring in players to improve the team.  

We're actively trying to improve the team, whereas, during Mike Brown's years, he might make one or two moves to try and keep the fanbase excited (T.O.), but he never really seemed interested in building a team with a solid foundation.

The team was also active in FA last year and it didn't seem to make a difference with the product on the field.  Some of that is due to injuries, but some due to coaching changes the org refuses to make and some of it due to not bringing in top-tier FAs.  Just being active doesn't mean automatic improvement.  

This team is reallllllly good at raising hope, though.  They've done a good job this offseason of trying to pump some life back into the fanbase with the new unis, the ROH, the changes to the season ticket packages, etc.  And while I would not call this an A+ FA, they've been active for the second year in a row, which I certainly love to see.  

The biggest question mark in my mind has been and continues to be whether this coaching staff can round the corner and figure out to make this a winning team on the field or whether it'll be another year of banging our heads against the wall and blaming the players for all lack of success.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:03 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: The team was also active in FA last year and it didn't seem to make a difference with the product on the field.  Some of that is due to injuries, but some due to coaching changes the org refuses to make and some of it due to not bringing in top-tier FAs.  Just being active doesn't mean automatic improvement.  

This team is reallllllly good at raising hope, though.  They've done a good job this offseason of trying to pump some life back into the fanbase with the new unis, the ROH, the changes to the season ticket packages, etc.  And while I would not call this an A+ FA, they've been active for the second year in a row, which I certainly love to see.  

The biggest question mark in my mind has been and continues to be whether this coaching staff can round the corner and figure out to make this a winning team on the field or whether it'll be another year of banging our heads against the wall and blaming the players for all lack of success.

Of the two biggest Free Agents last year, Waynes never saw the field, and Reader was hurt early in the season. XFS was hurt most of the season. We didn't see a big difference because they weren't on the field. I loved what I saw from Vonn Bell and Mackenzie Alexander, but most of the FA class simply wasn't available. 
Reply/Quote