Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament
(11-17-2023, 06:03 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I’d call him brittle burrow but with that offensive line he’s had it’s not really his fault

You’re right. Joe Burrow is far from brittle. He has taken more hits than any quarterback I’ve seen and 99% of the time he still lives to run another play.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hi guys. Just wanted to stop by and offer my well wishes. Sucks this happened. If my team doesn't win, I pull for the Bengals. Hope things work out.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Gentlemen:  You both make brilliant points as usual.  I like AJ McCarron a lot and he has more recent playing experience than Jake Browning albeit in the XFL.  AJ might not have the best ball placement or the most gifted arm but he has confidence and swagger which is what the Bengals need right now.

If he can get the ball out quick, AJ McCarron IS better than Browning, but that is the question and is a big reason why Burrow
got hit so much this year and is now out. Held on to the ball a bit too long at times with a poor coached OL in front of him.

AJ Mac does have confidence and swagger, always has and I was never a AJ Mac guy even when we should of won that Playoff
game. Still don't believe he was a big reason we could of won and still believe a healthy Dalton that year would of been better.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You’re right.  Joe Burrow is far from brittle.  He has taken more hits than any quarterback I’ve seen and 99% of the time he still lives to run another play.

Dude is tough as nails, not a tougher QB in the NFL in my opinion. Because yeah, he gets hit tons with the way he plays and what 
has been in front of him during his career.

(11-17-2023, 06:11 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: Hi guys. Just wanted to stop by and offer my well wishes. Sucks this happened. If my team doesn't win, I pull for the Bengals. Hope things work out.

Thanks BillsGuy1986. Rough times, but hey, they happen. Hopefully this leads to something good like the last time Burrow went 
down and we were able to Draft Ja'Marr Chase. Lots of great talent at the top of this next Draft.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Adding a weapon to replace Tee is not bad talk, Brock Bowers is a great talent. Best TE to come out in a long time.

There are 2 college football players that have dominated the highest level competition in college their entire career Marvin Harrison Jr. and Brock Bowers. This offseason is going to be fun with the OL vs receiver arguments draft section should be busy. I usually wait until December to do a mock but I might do one early now.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Adding a weapon to replace Tee is not bad talk, Brock Bowers is a great talent. Best TE to come out in a long time.

Add to the OL and DL in Free Agency to get proven players where we just do not draft well.

Having a top pick gives us a chance at a top talent.

If we have a top 10 pick unless Marvin Harrison is there you go OL or DL. If you want a skill player trade out of the top 10. Kyle Pitts had a pretty blah rookie year and it was the best rookie year by a TE ever. Some of this may get answered before the draft I hope anyway FA doesn't add more holes to fill. 
Reply/Quote
I’m truly sorry about this. I was pulling for the Bengals to win it all since my team is awful. Well now I think I’m going to not watch any more football the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:20 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: If we have a top 10 pick unless Marvin Harrison is there you go OL or DL. If you want a skill player trade out of the top 10. Kyle Pitts had a pretty blah rookie year and it was the best rookie year by a TE ever. Some of this may get answered before the draft I hope anyway FA doesn't add more holes to fill. 

That point is rather moot because Falcons have had awful QB play.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:18 PM)Synric Wrote: There are 2 college football players that have dominated the highest level competition in college their entire career Marvin Harrison Jr. and Brock Bowers. This offseason is going to be fun with the OL vs receiver arguments draft section should be busy. I usually wait until December to do a mock but I might do one early now.

If Harrison is there which I doubt he would as I don't think we Crack the top 5. It has to be trenches. I was a Sewell guy over Chase and I eventually changed to Chase before the draft. Something alot of people overlooked was there time and chemistry together. That's not sitting there this time. Both sides of the ball need help in the trenches. Adding that type of talent should be to hard to pass up.
Reply/Quote
Kenny Pickett is one Lamar Jackson injury away from being the best QB in the AFC North
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:23 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: That point is rather moot because Falcons have had awful QB play.

The point isn't that they didn't use him enough or even how he was used. The point is that it was blah but still the best ever. To me the risk reward is not right for a top 10. But trade back add a day 2 pick and we can talk.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:17 PM)Housh Wrote: Watching now to support Jake Browning

This is a huge opportunity for him to cement himself as a backup in this league

Gottta support win or lose

Browning looked adequate at time but has an a inaccurate weak arm for those long throws. 
Matty Ice anyone??
Reply/Quote
Tough times ahead,especially with our remaining schedule being the toughest in the league.Of course,this is NFL football,and unfortunately,these things happen.
Reply/Quote
This is going to be a tough one for all you die hard fans out there, so I feel for ya more than anyone.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:18 PM)Synric Wrote: There are 2 college football players that have dominated the highest level competition in college their entire career Marvin Harrison Jr. and Brock Bowers. This offseason is going to be fun with the OL vs receiver arguments draft section should be busy. I usually wait until December to do a mock but I might do one early now.

Yes, looking forward to the Draft forum now. If we could somehow add one of those 2 guys it would be crazy, I doubt we lose
enough games to do so because yeah, they are about as talented of players at their respective positions as we have seen. 

Marvin Harrison Jr is Ja'Marr Chase talent. Brock Bowers is Kyle Pitts talent but is a better blocker and more of a red zone threat.

(11-17-2023, 06:20 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: If we have a top 10 pick unless Marvin Harrison is there you go OL or DL. If you want a skill player trade out of the top 10. Kyle Pitts had a pretty blah rookie year and it was the best rookie year by a TE ever. Some of this may get answered before the draft I hope anyway FA doesn't add more holes to fill. 

We just don't draft OL or DL well. Pitts had a good year yardage wise, but he didn't score TD's, Brock Bowers scores TD's.

Add to the trenches in FA with proven players and add talent in the Draft is my vote.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:26 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Tough times ahead,especially with our remaining schedule being the toughest in the league.Of course,this is NFL football,and unfortunately,these things happen.

Still though it’s awful how these things happen to you guys all the time. Why can’t it happen to the Steelers. It’s about time you guys catch a break.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:30 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Still though it’s awful how these things happen to you guys all the time. Why can’t it happen to the Steelers. It’s about time you guys catch a break.

Thanks for the support Packerbacker. Would be nice to catch a break, that is for sure and not a bad one lol
Reply/Quote

Confused

He had 65 less yards as a rookie than Tee Higgins has ever had in a season and was a Pro Bowler, and he had cooked Matt Ryan as his QB. Not sure how that's "blah", let alone for a position that's widely considered one of the hardest to play as a rookie.

Would like to see him in a real offense with a real QB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Does anyone think it really happened on one play this game? How likely is that? If not, is this guy injury prone?! How do we trust Burrow for a season on this team with everyone else on it.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We just don't draft OL or DL well. Pitts had a good year yardage wise, but he didn't score TD's, Brock Bowers scores TD's.

Add to the trenches in FA with proven players and add talent in the Draft is my vote.

We don't draft well because we go against the grain. As the draft gets closer the talent levels will be undeniable in the top 10. I say trenches. But it's too early either way a ton of variables from free agency.
Reply/Quote