Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament
(11-17-2023, 06:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Does anyone think it really happened on one play this game? How likely is that? If not, is this guy injury prone?! How do we trust Burrow for a season on this team with everyone else on it.

His wrist was wrapped before the game
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Does anyone think it really happened on one play this game? How likely is that? If not, is this guy injury prone?! How do we trust Burrow for a season on this team with everyone else on it.

Man I'm hoping it wasn't that play because it was very weak. He has been seen flexing his hand multiple times this season with no real thought of it. He said the compression sleeve was unrelated but it had to be building. I'm starting to get scared he is injury prone. Have to shake up the scheme to make it easier on Burrow. Perhaps that's easier said than done. But focusing on the run would be a start.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Confused

He had 65 less yards as a rookie than Tee Higgins has ever had in a season and was a Pro Bowler, and he had cooked Matt Ryan as his QB. Not sure how that's "blah", let alone for a position that's widely considered one of the hardest to play as a rookie.

Would like to see him in a real offense with a real QB.

Same, Pitts didn't have a lot of TD's but it wasn't a blah season at all with that many yards with such sucky QB play.

Brock Bowers could be even better than Pitts in the NFL, especially with Burrow throwing him the ball.

(11-17-2023, 06:38 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: We don't draft well because we go against the grain. As the draft gets closer the talent levels will be undeniable in the top 10. I say trenches. But it's too early either way a ton of variables from free agency.

I getcha, maybe a new OL coach won't go against the grain and we start drafting better in the trenches I don't know.

Just not a good record. About the only pick in the trenches that seems to be good lately or getting good is Cam Sample.

Maybe Ossai who kind of showed up last night a few times. Zach Carter has been terrible this year...

Volson has been terrible, Carman, terrible etc.

Wish we would of drafted the Chiefs Center or Meinerz who has been playing great for the Broncos this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:18 PM)Synric Wrote: There are 2 college football players that have dominated the highest level competition in college their entire career Marvin Harrison Jr. and Brock Bowers. This offseason is going to be fun with the OL vs receiver arguments draft section should be busy. I usually wait until December to do a mock but I might do one early now.

We could lose the rest of the games left and still not be close drafting to Harrison Jr or Bowers.  Lots of suck in the NFL currently.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:40 PM)Interceptor Wrote: His wrist was wrapped before the game

Was it?  

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, Pitts didn't have a lot of TD's but it wasn't a blah season at all with that many yards with such sucky QB play.

Brock Bowers could be even better than Pitts in the NFL, especially with Burrow throwing him the ball.

I getcha, maybe a new OL coach won't go against the grain and we start drafting better in the trenches I don't know.

Just not a good record. About the only pick in the trenches that seems to be good lately or getting good is Cam Sample.

Maybe Ossai who kind of showed up last night a few times. Zach Carter has been terrible this year...

Volson has been terrible, Carman, terrible etc.

Wish we would of drafted the Chiefs Center or Meinerz who has been playing great for the Broncos this year.

Imma be honest...
As much as I would love to see an OL drafted in 1st/2nd round, I have 0 confidence in that player performing well with Pollack as the OL coach and run game coordinator.

Bengals just cannot get their OL sorted ever since Whitworth left.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Confused

He had 65 less yards as a rookie than Tee Higgins has ever had in a season and was a Pro Bowler, and he had cooked Matt Ryan as his QB. Not sure how that's "blah", let alone for a position that's widely considered one of the hardest to play as a rookie.

Would like to see him in a real offense with a real QB.

I knew someone would point out his numbers which I know weren't bad at all. But from a fantasy perspective which I had him on my team he was basically unplayable. I know that may be laughable but it does relate. I just think a top 10 is certainly best used elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We could lose the rest of the games left and still not be close drafting to Harrison Jr or Bowers.  Lots of suck in the NFL currently.

5-12 might net Bowers, but not Harrison (don't spoilt my wishful thinking  Hilarious).
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: uh....have you been watching the last 2 seasons?

Yeah. 24 sacks or something this season. Hit a bunch more. First season ended with a hit. This season ended with a hit. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:48 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Was it?  

Burrow said it was a compression sleeve. For what reason though I have no clue, but said it wasn't related to injury.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:48 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: 5-12 might net Bowers, but not Harrison (don't spoilt my wishful thinking  Hilarious).

PFF and others have Bowers Top 5.  

These teams all have 3 or fewer wins:
Giants
Rams
Cards
Panthers
Patriots
Titans

These teams only have 4 wins:
Jets
Chargers
Broncos
Commanders
Bucs
Falcons

Lots of suck......

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:58 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: You dont think he could design a better offense?

I think a 5 year old with an Etch-a-Sketch could design a better offense. 

Just he would not be my top 25 choice. Something just ain't right. We see a lot about him in this area (DC/Baltimore) and he seemed to always have a problem when it came to getting the head job. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:50 PM)Destro Wrote: Yeah. 24 sacks or something this season. Hit a bunch more. First season ended with a hit. This season ended with a hit. 

You’re saying chase and Harrison jr wouldn’t get it done with this oline, but 21 and 22 shows that great receivers CAN get it done with burrow and this bad line. And this line is better than the previous 2

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You’re saying chase and Harrison jr wouldn’t get it done with this oline, but 21 and 22 shows that great receivers CAN get it done with burrow and this bad line. And this line is better than the previous 2

You are right. Let's get the best receiver available and keep the O-line of oozing trashbags to run and pass block and we can address it "next year" like the last half decade. This '22 campaign really showed that working out so great.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:48 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I knew someone would point out his numbers which I know weren't bad at all. But from a fantasy perspective which I had him on my team he was basically unplayable. I know that may be laughable but it does relate. I just think a top 10 is certainly best used elsewhere.

That was because of the lack of TDs, or last year also because he missed 7 games.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:41 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Man I'm hoping it wasn't that play because it was very weak. He has been seen flexing his hand multiple times this season with no real thought of it. He said the compression sleeve was unrelated but it had to be building. I'm starting to get scared he is injury prone. Have to shake up the scheme to make it easier on Burrow. Perhaps that's easier said than done. But focusing on the run would be a start.

Yeah, as much as I think Mixon is inconsistent, when he's having a good night we still don't run him enough. Maybe it's Burrow and Zac wanting to air it out or think it's a higher % to get 3-4 yards, maybe. Then can Burrow handle that for the length of the season with no load management (i.e. run game). Also Mixon is taking 91% of the run calls so he probably feels like he's burdened when he's simultaneously not being asked to run enough lol.

Didn't Burrow throw like 50+ times during one of his calf games? I think we were like wtf after that loss lol. At least they know the experiment of keeping Burrow in the pocket failed, on this team where he doesn't have time, we can't do that again.

Browning looked good enough to win 1 out of 4 games to start the season for our hindsight bias, merely because he can run and isn't afraid to throw the ball deep.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:57 PM)Destro Wrote: You are right. Let's get the best receiver available and keep the O-line of oozing trashbags to run and pass block and we can address it "next year" like the last half decade. This '22 campaign really showed that working out so great.

Well the line was devastated with injuries by the afc title game. Don’t be disingenuous. Carman + Adeniji + Scharping is a disaster

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:48 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I knew someone would point out his numbers which I know weren't bad at all. But from a fantasy perspective which I had him on my team he was basically unplayable. I know that may be laughable but it does relate. I just think a top 10 is certainly best used elsewhere.

Mellow

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I see we're back to casting blame. Burrow got hurt - it happens. We don't even know if it is football related or if it is when it happened.

At this point just wish him well and a speedy recovery. And then the priority turns to making the best out of the rest of this season so that next season we start AND finish strong. That means things like getting Yoshi, Chuck Sizzle and the rest of the kids as many snaps as possible so they get experience. It means having an actual strategy for offseason that probably needs to include rethinking the offense in terms of game plan and scheme so Burrow returns to one with an actual identity. It also means the defense practices tackling and learning how to read and react in the zones correctly until they can do them in their sleep. Build the foundations so next year we can FINALLY hoist a Lombardi!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:59 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Well the line was devastated with injuries by the afc title game. Don’t be disingenuous. Carman + Adeniji + Scharping is a disaster

Volson is starting. Volson. People can boo-hoo the defense here and there. Mixon and the TE group can get some hate at times. But if this O-line is not the constant JV group of this team, I don't know what is. Mixon sees defenders in his lap when he gets the ball out of shotgun 4 yards behind the LOS and Burrow's post game jerseys belong on Tide commercials. 

Next year, it'll likely be a new rb and Burrow on the mend. Need a line
Reply/Quote