Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament
Im still not convinced he hasnt been managing a minor version of something in the wrist for the entire year. I swear I've seen him grab his wrist on more than one occasion during the season.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Chase and Harrison Jr would be sick. 

Not here. The QB won't be able to get them the ball when the O-line is made up staff of the Mapleton, Alabama Waffle House. O-line has been butt cheeks since Dalton was here.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:56 PM)Destro Wrote: Not here. The QB won't be able to get them the ball when the O-line is made up staff of the Mapleton, Alabama Waffle House..

uh....have you been watching the last 2 seasons?

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Last night after the game when he was talking to Jackson you couldn't hear what they were saying but if you were able to read lips you could see him say "and then I felt it pop"
When I saw that I figured he was done.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:48 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Thank you.  And please let JJ22 know that the wrist will not go to a limp noodle because of zero activity.  It will be gradual with (almost immediately) hand exercises (can’t let the wrist stiffen up), then resistance, then exercises to strengthen it.  By the time he is “fully recovered”, call it may, he will be at almost 100%.

Rehab protocols are typically very rigorous and do everything they can to very much avoid limp noodle syndrome. They'll also consider maintain his shoulder and RTC strength while working through the protocol. I'm really not worried about him recovering from this. If he can do the ACL, he can do this.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:53 PM)Bengalion Wrote: I don't see Zac being fired in any scenario, even if we lose the next 7 games (I don't think he should be fired IMO). At this point we should just play vanilla football and get the best draft position we can. Fix both lines via Draft/FA, get a last place schedule by tanking the next 7 games and voila, Burrow will play his next Super Bowl in New Orleans next year with thousands of LSU fans supporting him. After the game, he will post a picture eating crawfish with Ed Orgeron and Chase and smoking a cigar.

Ah, they have already tried to fix both lines thru draft/FA, that is where they are now. Burrow with season ending injury from our FA signings (Karras, Cappa, OBJ) and draft (Volson-Williams) on Oline.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:52 PM)Destro Wrote: Don't like Taylor, but don't want Eric, either. 

You dont think he could design a better offense?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:03 PM)Garrus Wrote: #1- Frank Pollack needs let go. We gotta try something different to improve the OL.

#2- Brock Bowers time maybe?

Please no TE talk. The team needs to be very smart this year in the off-season and I don't want to hear about a 1st rd TE. Unless it comes after trading well out of the top 10 and getting extra day 2 picks.
Reply/Quote
Well that sure stinks. Well, at least the pressure of making the playoffs is now over. Regroup for 2024, that's about all that can be done at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Harrison will be no later than a 4th overall pick… depending on how the three QBs finish and test out.  That said, this is a stacked wr draft with (depending on who you follow) have 8-10 wide receivers within the top 40 prospects.  If there was a year to replace tee, this is (in theory) it.  

But, we saw how that played out with the tight end class last year.  

Maybe bowers 1st round and still get a great prospect with the 2nd pick and just follow value and position scarcity.

No, just no. O-line O-line O-line...... oh wait they'll just suck with Pollack.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:53 PM)Bengalion Wrote: I don't see Zac being fired in any scenario, even if we lose the next 7 games (I don't think he should be fired IMO). At this point we should just play vanilla football and get the best draft position we can. 

They won't fire ZT, but if he legit adds another 7 losses and 0 wins to his already abysmal record without Burrow that's a bad look.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Okay, silver lining time. Strap in:

1. Lou won't be poached this off season because there's no way our defense makes up for the weakness of our offense.
2. A 4th place schedule is a fantastic way to start a Super Bowl run in 2024.
3. Joe Burrow should (once again) be fully healthy going into training camp. I imagine it does not take 8 months to recover from this injury.
4. We'll have a premium draft pick slot in the draft, meaning we can fill some big holes on this team, depending on our free agency.
5. Our free agents like Tee Higgins and Jonah Williams may not get huge money from other teams since the offense is going to struggle mightily for the next 7 games. This means we should have a better chance at re-signing them.
6. The Browns are going to get significantly weaker next season, as Deshaun Watson's cap hit goes from 19M to a whopping 64M next year. They'll probably try to push that cap down the line a little bit, but they don't have very much room left, as 2025 and 2026 are also 64M cap hits and they've already pushed 9M into a void year in 2027.
7. The Super Bowl for the 2024 NFL season (in February 2025) is in New Orleans. It'll be poetic when Joe Burrow wins in the same area that he won his Heisman.

2024 will be a better year for us. We were already on the ropes with our 1-3 start and the last 2 games were putting us in jeopardy of missing the playoffs even if Joe only missed 1 or 2 games. I think it's for the best that we just tank this season out, get a good draft pick and reset in preparation for a clean start in 2024. Hopefully, this time with Burrow having a full, healthy training camp and starting the season strong for once.

Referencing #1 the defense is/WAS the weakest link
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im still not convinced he hasnt been managing a minor version of something in the wrist for the entire year. I swear I've seen him grab his wrist on more than one occasion during the season.

I think you are right about that.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im still not convinced he hasnt been managing a minor version of something in the wrist for the entire year. I swear I've seen him grab his wrist on more than one occasion during the season.

He's definitely flexed his hands several times. Which I kind of hope to be honest. That hit did not look very bad and if that hurt his wrist I fear we are in trouble.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Chase and Harrison Jr would be sick. 

Yeah it would be, doubt we get THAT high of a pick as he will probably be taken in the top 4 for sure, but yah never know.

Lots of crazy talented weapons in this Draft.

(11-17-2023, 05:50 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Won't matter who the QB is going forward unless they fix the Oline problems and get the hell out of the 70% pass mode. Our guys up front sure seem to get pushed around alot.

Sure isn't easy on the OL being so pass heavy either, but yeah, we need to cut ties with Pollack and add a good OL coach and a
couple top OL in Free Agency. Get our weapons in the draft now that we have a chance for a top ten pick.

(11-17-2023, 05:53 PM)Bengalion Wrote: I don't see Zac being fired in any scenario, even if we lose the next 7 games (I don't think he should be fired IMO). At this point we should just play vanilla football and get the best draft position we can. Fix both lines via Draft/FA, get a last place schedule by tanking the next 7 games and voila, Burrow will play his next Super Bowl in New Orleans next year with thousands of LSU fans supporting him. After the game, he will post a picture eating crawfish with Ed Orgeron and Chase and smoking a cigar.

Completely agree and yes, that would be the ideal scenario in New Orleans in 2025. We aren't firing Zac, just isn't happening.

(11-17-2023, 05:53 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Harrison will be no later than a 4th overall pick… depending on how the three QBs finish and test out.  That said, this is a stacked wr draft with (depending on who you follow) have 8-10 wide receivers within the top 40 prospects.  If there was a year to replace tee, this is (in theory) it.  

But, we saw how that played out with the tight end class last year.  

Maybe bowers 1st round and still get a great prospect with the 2nd pick and just follow value and position scarcity.

Brock Bowers does seem the most likely for us which would be a great talent to add to this Offense.
Reply/Quote
I’d call him brittle burrow but with that offensive line he’s had it’s not really his fault
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jake may not be the starter moving forward. Remember we have AJ Mccarron. He got us to the playoffs the last time he had to come in for our injured starter

(11-17-2023, 05:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, saw AJ Mac on the sideline last night talking with Burrow and Browning. Didn't think Browning looked terrible considering 
he was going against the Ravens and being thrown into the fire like that, but McCarron if he worked on getting the ball out faster
could be better, yah never know...

Still don't see us winning many games without Burrow but if the QB is playing under Center more it could actually help the Offense,
especially the running game which actually hasn't been bad this season. I like how Mixon has played this year which is saying a lot
as I was hating on him for his play last year all year and this entire offseason.

Gentlemen: You both make brilliant points as usual. I like AJ McCarron a lot and he has more recent playing experience than Jake Browning albeit in the XFL. AJ might not have the best ball placement or the most gifted arm but he has confidence and swagger which is what the Bengals need right now.
Reply/Quote

He wasn’t having any problems before the Clowney hit. Immediately has problems the first throw after the Clowney hit. Says he felt a pop on the sideline. MRI reveals ligament tear. All that points to an acute injury. If something else was going on most likely unrelated.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:59 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Please no TE talk. The team needs to be very smart this year in the off-season and I don't want to hear about a 1st rd TE. Unless it comes after trading well out of the top 10 and getting extra day 2 picks.

Adding a weapon to replace Tee is not bad talk, Brock Bowers is a great talent. Best TE to come out in a long time.

Add to the OL and DL in Free Agency to get proven players where we just do not draft well.

Having a top pick gives us a chance at a top talent.

(11-17-2023, 06:00 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: No, just no. O-line O-line O-line...... oh wait they'll just suck with Pollack.

Add a new OL coach, because I think Pollack is the reason these guys that came here haven't looked as good as they 
were prior. He also hasn't developed Carman or Volson well, that is bad coaching.
Reply/Quote
I started watching this team when a little kid back in 1987. I feel badly for Burrow but I'm not disappointed as a fan. I'm desensitized to bad things happening to the players or the organization. I think such feelings started for me around the time Ki-Jana got hurt. I accepted this is how it goes as a Bengals fan.

Heal up, Burrow!
Reply/Quote