Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament
(11-17-2023, 05:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jake may not be the starter moving forward. Remember we have AJ Mccarron. He got us to the playoffs the last time he had to come in for our injured starter

True, saw AJ Mac on the sideline last night talking with Burrow and Browning. Didn't think Browning looked terrible considering 
he was going against the Ravens and being thrown into the fire like that, but McCarron if he worked on getting the ball out faster
could be better, yah never know...

Still don't see us winning many games without Burrow but if the QB is playing under Center more it could actually help the Offense,
especially the running game which actually hasn't been bad this season. I like how Mixon has played this year which is saying a lot
as I was hating on him for his play last year all year and this entire offseason.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Did you mean to say that like a pirate? 

Ha ha, didn't notice that until now lol

Cause no I didn't. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: None of the top teams with all pro QB’s normally have great backups that can carry them very far. Teams with a great backup means their first teamer isn’t great. That being said we needed a better QB backup so Joe could have sat out the first few games.

Marcus Mariotta and Blaine Glabbert are much better (and more expensive) than Jake browning.

Having a solid vet who can manage a 4 game stretch is Uber valuable and really doesn’t cost all that much money. If a season ending injury, it really doesn’t matter who the backup qb is.

I hope there is a lesson learned from the early calf injury this year. Would have been great to play someone other than burrow until he was fully healed. That said, it Wouldn’t have changed the outcome With this…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's November. This likely knocks him out of another Training camp, and well... her comes 0-2 in 2024....

You don’t even know the diagnosis to estimate a prognosis and return to play.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:29 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: None of the top teams with all pro QB’s normally have great backups that can carry them very far. Teams with a great backup means their first teamer isn’t great. That being said we needed a better QB backup so Joe could have sat out the first few games.

I've been beating the backup QB drum since JB was injured in camp.  Oh well, keep throwing it 75% of the time and the same shit will happen to him next year.
Bengals are ruining the best chance they've ever had.

Jake Browning may have been the worst backup in the league, so what do they do?  Make/Let Burrow play at the start of the season, take a bunch more shots and lost most of the games anyways.

Dumb.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: You don’t even know the diagnosis to estimate a prognosis and return to play.

4-12 weeks. He will be fine for training camp.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals also need a solid backup for Jake Browning.  Every quarterback is just one dirty late hit away from the operating table.

I've been beating this drum since his first year. Not calling Browning a bum or anything, just someone who doesn't spell "season is over" when they start. Brock Purdy, Sam Howell and Josh Dobbs play well and it is a shocker, so not saying we may get hat, but a veteran on this team could have meant a lot. This late in the season, we back to the horrible rumors of who can join.

Browning and AJ can compete. Best one plays. We'll see what happens. Not much else left, at this point.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:34 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 4-12 weeks.  He will be fine for training camp.

4 weeks means he can come back for the playoffs. Wink
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:34 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 4-12 weeks.  He will be fine for training camp.

Like the "4-6" weeks for his calf... Forgive me if I have to see it to believe it. 

Besides 4 weeks wouldn't have put him on IR. Neither would 8. Not yet anyway given we are as many claimed still in the hunt even with the loss last night. So that is that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
That's a direct kick in the nuts delivered from a size 14 steel toe boot. Cry Cry Cry

Looking at a 7-10 record and the 10th pick in the draft imho.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's November. This likely knocks him out of another Training camp, and well... her comes 0-2 in 2024....

Has there been any timelines posted anywhere regarding a recovery timeline?

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:34 PM)Destro Wrote: I've been beating this drum since his first year. Not calling Browning a bum or anything, just someone who doesn't spell "season is over" when they start. Brock Purdy, Sam Howell and Josh Dobbs play well and it is a shocker, so not saying we may get hat, but a veteran on this team could have meant a lot. This late in the season, we back to the horrible rumors of who can join.

Browning and AJ can compete. Best one plays. We'll see what happens. Not much else left, at this point.

Two former MVPs out there that played last year. Matt Ryan and Tom Brady.

Maybe one of the manning brothers?

Cam newton anyone? At least it would be interesting with a running qb since Jeff Blake.

Am I missing anyone?

Oh yea, Dan orlovsky and Tony romo seem to know what they are talking about… when they (mostly romo) doesn’t sound like a moron.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals, who had 12-1 odds to win the Super Bowl before Thursday's game, are listed at 150-1 at ESPN BET as of Friday afternoon.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:35 PM)Destro Wrote: 4 weeks means he can come back for the playoffs. Wink

So there is still hope? lol
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:35 PM)jj22 Wrote: Like the "4-6" weeks for his calf... Forgive me if I have to see it to believe it. 

Bro, you really need to take some deep breaths and chill out. We have 8, almost 9, months until training camp. Double the timeline and he is still good.

It happens, it’s football. It sucks.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:37 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Two former MVPs out there that played last year.  Matt Ryan and Tom Brady.

Maybe one of the manning brothers?

Cam newton anyone?  At least it would be interesting with a running qb since Jeff Blake.  

Am I missing anyone?

Oh yea, Dan orlovsky and Tony romo seem to know what they are talking about… when they (mostly romo) doesn’t sound like a moron.

Matt Ryan actually makes sense, this is still a really good roster.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:38 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Bro, you really need to take some deep breaths and chill out.  We have 8, almost 9, months until training camp.  Double the timeline and he is still good.  

It happens, it’s football.  It sucks.

Any significant (and this is significant) injury in November jeopardizes the offseason / training camp. That isn't a hot take. 

It's his throwing hand so he won't even be throwing/lifting for most of those 8 to 9 months as you say.

But am I wrong? Did we not just get bamboozled by a timeline?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:38 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Bro, you really need to take some deep breaths and chill out.  We have 8, almost 9, months until training camp.  Double the timeline and he is still good.  

It happens, it’s football.  It sucks.

Exactly, the last time Burrow got hurt we lost a ton of games and got Ja'Marr Chase. You never know how this will turn out in 
the big realm of things. Brock Bowers, Marvin Harrison Jr, Odunze, Keon Coleman, man there are some damn good weapons at
the top of this Draft. No need to be depressing after this kick to the nutz.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Matt Ryan actually makes sense, this is still a really good roster.

He really wasn’t good last year. I was mostly kidding.

Even if Tom Brady called today and said, sign me up, I’m guessing the FO is too stubborn and would say “thanks but no thanks”. They are stubborn like that.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll admit I'm at least interested to see if ZT has really progressed from his past self which lost a whole bunch without Burrow under center.  If we can't win more than a game or two without Burrow, I'd be for canning the coaching staff even though we know nothing like that would happen.

There are many NFL teams this year that are down to, or have had to use 2nd or 3rd string QBs and if we finish below most of them...well, that's a bad look.  We are even .500 right now, so the evaluation period begins.

This coaching staff has proved they cannot win without Burrow, if they can finish 9-8 I say keep Zac, if not they all go. Call Eric.
Reply/Quote