Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament
That press conference was awesome. Joe Burrow is a class act.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:03 PM)Garrus Wrote: #1- Frank Pollack needs let go. We gotta try something different to improve the OL.

#2- Brock Bowers time maybe?

I'd like to see both.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
F**K EVERYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:18 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This is how the Bengals rebuild.  Every couple years you take a hit and get two top 40 picks.  

On the upside, there is no more anxiety for the season.  Zero expectations.  Each loss is a better draft pick.  Enough losses and maybe we can trade up for MH Jr.

That's bitterly amusing.  We are the type of franchise that believes in building through the draft, so when you have a top 5 QB that requires him to get gruesomely injured now and again.  So it goes.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=14711464]

Thanks for this, needed it lmao  Hilarious

Thought it was bad. No wonder, torn ligament, that will do it. Oh well, time to hopefully lose out so we can have a top pick for once 
after the last couple successful years. Would be awesome if we could get a Brock Bowers/Marvin Harrison Jr/Odunze type talent on 
Offense after we go all out in FA on the OL with a RT and a LG etc.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals also need a solid backup for Jake Browning. Every quarterback is just one dirty late hit away from the operating table.
Reply/Quote
Thanks Mike Brown/Katie/Duke for not giving us a chance with a decent backup QB!

$750K for Browning? That's just good management right there!
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:17 PM)Housh Wrote: This is a huge opportunity for him to cement himself as a backup in this league

You mean as a starter. It's mid-season, but the rest is his.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Jake may not be the starter moving forward. Remember we have AJ Mccarron. He got us to the playoffs the last time he had to come in for our injured starter
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Tom Brady.. you around? I know your comfy right now, but if your interested in coming to a .500 ball club that should
Be Super Bowl contenders. Give us a call

Fine print: expect no time to throw, with pressure in your face every play.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Last time Burrow got IRed we stunk it up and got Chase and then went to the SB the next year, so there is that.

Very true, thanks for the positivity me fellow Nate. Wink
Reply/Quote
Welp, that will about do it.

Tank for the better draft pick?
Or still try to see how far they can go (at least until they reach 9 losses)?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true, thanks for the positivity me fellow Nate. Wink

Did you mean to say that like a pirate? 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:03 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Zac Taylor on concerns over the physical, mental toll: "If he were a normal human being, you'd worry about it. He's not. He'd wired differently."

If I was old man Mike hearing that after the investment he’s put in Joe I’d be firing the ***** idiot on the spot.

Just because Joe is different doesn’t make it ok to take this type of punishment he’s going to end up like Luck.

This quote really ***** bothered me. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: Wasn't the OL - was a late hit. 

Seems like it was mostly on the Oline. Had they given better protection he wouldn't have been hit..again. Signing Collins, Cappa, Karras, OBJ and moving Williams to the right doesn't seem to have helped much giving him better protection than the losing SB Oline. Sack count is down a little but still way too high. He gets hit entirely too much even when getting passes off.

But being what Zac's offense is geared around and defenses know we are passing 70% of the time they plan for it and pin their ears back and stampede us. Seems like as offensive intelligent guys as they are they could see this and plan things differently going forward.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:21 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Thanks Mike Brown/Katie/Duke for not giving us a chance with a decent backup QB!

$750K for Browning?  That's just good management right there!

I don't think it matters who the backup is.  They need to go like 6-1 and that isn't happening on this team with any backup.  Bengals don't have the defense to win games with a backup.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:03 PM)Garrus Wrote: #1- Frank Pollack needs let go. We gotta try something different to improve the OL.

#2- Brock Bowers time maybe?

They need a better Oline.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:13 PM)pally Wrote: he should be fine for training camp

Yeah, from what I've read and seen he should be throwing in a couple months. This doesnt seem like a huge healing curve. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:21 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Thanks Mike Brown/Katie/Duke for not giving us a chance with a decent backup QB!

None of the top teams with all pro QB’s normally have great backups that can carry them very far. Teams with a great backup means their first teamer isn’t great. That being said we needed a better QB backup so Joe could have sat out the first few games.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

I’d call that a bad insurance policy for sure. It’s not just the salary… it’s the lack of experience and talent more so.

Would anyone be surprised if the eagles lost hurts and Marriotta “game managed” his way to the playoffs?

Anyway, I don’t give a crap about just making the playoffs. It’s superbowl or bust at this point. Too many times of making the playoffs with dalton, with false hope after the runs we went on the last two years is just painful to think about.

Someone said it’s a losers mindset to tank, but it’s really not. Obviously we won’t need to do it intentionally, with browning. But the worst we finish, the better off we will be next year.

Ah-ha, I had a moment. Maybe that’s why the bengals have a bad backup qb, maybe it’s “if we don’t have burrow let’s get an elite prospect.” Bengals playing chess, while everyone else is playing checkers.
Reply/Quote