Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow out for the season with torn ligament
Okay, silver lining time. Strap in:

1. Lou won't be poached this off season because there's no way our defense makes up for the weakness of our offense.
2. A 4th place schedule is a fantastic way to start a Super Bowl run in 2024.
3. Joe Burrow should (once again) be fully healthy going into training camp. I imagine it does not take 8 months to recover from this injury.
4. We'll have a premium draft pick slot in the draft, meaning we can fill some big holes on this team, depending on our free agency.
5. Our free agents like Tee Higgins and Jonah Williams may not get huge money from other teams since the offense is going to struggle mightily for the next 7 games. This means we should have a better chance at re-signing them.
6. The Browns are going to get significantly weaker next season, as Deshaun Watson's cap hit goes from 19M to a whopping 64M next year. They'll probably try to push that cap down the line a little bit, but they don't have very much room left, as 2025 and 2026 are also 64M cap hits and they've already pushed 9M into a void year in 2027.
7. The Super Bowl for the 2024 NFL season (in February 2025) is in New Orleans. It'll be poetic when Joe Burrow wins in the same area that he won his Heisman.

2024 will be a better year for us. We were already on the ropes with our 1-3 start and the last 2 games were putting us in jeopardy of missing the playoffs even if Joe only missed 1 or 2 games. I think it's for the best that we just tank this season out, get a good draft pick and reset in preparation for a clean start in 2024. Hopefully, this time with Burrow having a full, healthy training camp and starting the season strong for once.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor on concerns over the physical, mental toll: "If he were a normal human being, you'd worry about it. He's not. He'd wired differently."

If I was old man Mike hearing that after the investment he’s put in Joe I’d be firing the ***** idiot on the spot.

Just because Joe is different doesn’t make it ok to take this type of punishment he’s going to end up like Luck.
Reply/Quote
Question 
#1- Frank Pollack needs let go. We gotta try something different to improve the OL.

#2- Brock Bowers time maybe?
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:49 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: We just can't have nice things.

That's my line. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Okay, silver lining time. Strap in:

1. Lou won't be poached this off season because there's no way our defense makes up for the weakness of our offense.
3. Joe Burrow should (once again) be fully healthy going into training camp. I imagine it does not take 8 months to recover from this injury.
4. We'll have a premium draft pick slot in the draft, meaning we can fill some big holes on this team, depending on our free agency.
5. Our free agents like Tee Higgins and Jonah Williams may not get huge money from other teams since the offense is going to struggle mightily for the next 7 games. This means we should have a better chance at re-signing them.
6. The Browns are going to get significantly weaker next season, as Deshaun Watson's cap hit goes from 19M to a whopping 64M next year. They'll probably try to push that cap down the line a little bit, but they don't have very much room left, as 2025 and 2026 are also 64M cap hits and they've already pushed 9M into a void year in 2027.
7. The Super Bowl for the 2024 NFL season (in February 2025) is in New Orleans. It'll be poetic when Joe Burrow wins in the same area that he won his Heisman.

2024 will be a better year for us. We were already on the ropes with our 1-3 start and the last 2 games were putting us in jeopardy of missing the playoffs even if Joe only missed 1 or 2 games. I think it's for the best that we just tank this season out, get a good draft pick and reset in preparation for a clean start in 2024. Hopefully, this time with Burrow having a full, healthy training camp and starting the season strong for once.

DennyG2? Is that you?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'll admit I'm at least interested to see if ZT has really progressed from his past self which lost a whole bunch without Burrow under center. If we can't win more than a game or two without Burrow, I'd be for canning the coaching staff even though we know nothing like that would happen.

There are many NFL teams this year that are down to, or have had to use 2nd or 3rd string QBs and if we finish below most of them...well, that's a bad look. We are even .500 right now, so the evaluation period begins.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:53 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Joe Burrow will need surgery, significant rehab, and a full training camp to get back to his usual spectacular self.  The Bengals need to find the best hand surgeon on Planet Earth to do the repair.

It's November. This likely knocks him out of another Training camp, and well... her comes 0-2 in 2024....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Tanking is a loser's attitude and one the Bengals should never take.

That said, they are going to lose plenty trying to win anyway. I'll guess they end up 6-11.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's November. This likely knocks him out of another Training camp, and well... her comes 0-2 in 2024....

he should be fine for training camp

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Let's give Browning a chance to succeed. We know Burrow is out and we need to rally for the backup.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:49 PM)CJ2etc Wrote: Thx POS offensive line.

Wasn't the OL - was a late hit. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:13 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Tanking is a loser's attitude and one the Bengals should never take.

That said, they are going to lose plenty trying to win anyway.  I'll guess they end up 6-11.

God help us if we tank naturally or intentionally and the NFL decides to take our pick for being deceptive about Burrow's wrist going into the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:45 PM)pally Wrote: same week as his knee injury his rookie season

Didn't realize that. Sucks for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:13 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Let's give Browning a chance to succeed. We know Burrow is out and we need to rally for the backup.

You need to change your sig
Reply/Quote
These seasons happen.... On to hopefully watching some development of the kids.
Reply/Quote
****!!!!
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Okay, silver lining time. Strap in:

Agree with all points, plus it gets Browning some valuable experience. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Watching now to support Jake Browning

This is a huge opportunity for him to cement himself as a backup in this league

Gottta support win or lose
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 04:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Last time Burrow got IRed we stunk it up and got Chase and then went to the SB the next year, so there is that.

This is how the Bengals rebuild.  Every couple years you take a hit and get two top 40 picks.  

On the upside, there is no more anxiety for the season.  Zero expectations.  Each loss is a better draft pick.  Enough losses and maybe we can trade up for MH Jr.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
And people were talking about a dislocated finger in the gameday thread.....
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote