Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Joe Burrow's stats from last year...
(08-13-2021, 11:48 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Has a rookie QB ever started week 1 before without even taking a pre-season snap?
From that perspective what he did was unprecedented.

Justin Herbert started in week 2 and set a rookie TD record over the next 15 games, so I guess Burrow still had that unprecedented situation, but it didn't last for long.  If one week makes that much of a difference we should have started Finley against the Chargers.

I'm sure Burrow will be the best QB we've ever had and all that, but I thought the reason we were so hyped about the guy was that he was a no excuses, no bs, no frills winner.  Here we are making a bunch of excuses for the while we are trying to act like we are sure we will finish 2021 knowing what we have in Burrow and our offense and our coaches and so on.

I'm just not so sure we aren't going to go into 2022 saying "Well, Burrow was hurt and had no pre-season and it took X amount of weeks for the WRs and o-line to get used to him so our W/L record doesn't count and ZT will finally have 2022 to prove he can coach a team that is all his and assembled and ready to go" and so on and so forth.

Again, Burrow is awesome and he's gonna win 500 games here and I'll look like an idiot for even playing devil's advocate here, but I just hope we aren't playing the "Well....IF IF IF IF" game a year from now.  Actually, it makes for good conversation so that's fine. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The way the defense played tonight... I can see why the offense has struggled so far.

Burrow is going to be fineeeeee
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2021, 11:07 PM)QueenCity Wrote: The way the defense played tonight... I can see why the offense has struggled so far.

Burrow is going to be fineeeeee

I liked what I saw from everybody but Evans the LB who let guys go free too much. Bachie I hope makes the team.

This is great news though, I didn't expect us to play this well this early against Tampa. Looking good. Rock On
Reply/Quote