Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Burrow was PISSED on Sunday
(12-10-2021, 07:40 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I was also pissed on Sunday and throughout this week..... this team is too talented not to make the playoffs.

Lets be honest, this is the NFL, there is not a great difference across the board with many teams in terms of talent , there are alot of teams talented.. i think some focus one one or two sets of talent and decide that is all there is.. for example how talented are we at oline, LB, TE, I say not so much...

This is really a parity league as a whole and this season seems to be showing it, every week 1/2 teams that are double digit underdogs seems to win. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 08:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Lets be honest, this is the NFL, there is not a great difference across the board with many teams in terms of talent , there are alot of teams talented.. i think some focus one one or two sets of talent and decide that is all there is.. for example how talented are we at oline, LB, TE, I say not so much...

This is really a parity league as a whole and this season seems to be showing it, every week 1/2 teams that are double digit underdogs seems to win. 

Well, we are also very talented at QB, WR, DL and in the Secondary....

A lot of teams cannot say this. We were talented at LB until the ADG and now the Wilson injury.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 10:13 PM)Tony Wrote: He really is the goat. 

[Image: EttamZKVcAAQqUu.jpg][Image: the-real-goat-nf-wentto-mostraight-champ...242434.png][Image: EDodOzBXYAEJO25.jpg][Image: 8b286bddc607c055d33f448122198535.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 07:25 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: EttamZKVcAAQqUu.jpg][Image: the-real-goat-nf-wentto-mostraight-champ...242434.png][Image: EDodOzBXYAEJO25.jpg][Image: 8b286bddc607c055d33f448122198535.jpg]

THE OG!!
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 07:25 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: EttamZKVcAAQqUu.jpg][Image: the-real-goat-nf-wentto-mostraight-champ...242434.png][Image: EDodOzBXYAEJO25.jpg][Image: 8b286bddc607c055d33f448122198535.jpg]

This argument is always so goofy, thankfully you don't run into it as much. I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but yeah, Graham isn't the GOAT. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 08:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Lets be honest, this is the NFL, there is not a great difference across the board with many teams in terms of talent , there are alot of teams talented.. i think some focus one one or two sets of talent and decide that is all there is.. for example how talented are we at oline, LB, TE, I say not so much...

We might be watching the tightest playoff race in history...
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 11:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: THE OG!!

Didn't Otto Graham basically start the forward pass in football? It's hard to find a lot of footage, but to lead the league in Passing, Rushing, and kicking is insane in any era...
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, we are also very talented at QB, WR, DL and in the Secondary....

A lot of teams cannot say this. We were talented at LB until the ADG and now the Wilson injury.

talented is relative.. again other teams are also talented at variety of positions. we act like the NFL has college talent with teams. they do not....

im not sure if i would put our secondary in the position you put it in.. but again my point is many teams have talented positions. that is why his team is a parity league.. dont you think that?
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 09:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, we are also very talented at QB, WR, DL and in the Secondary....

well again i would put out this is the Nfl not College  most teams have talent at a variety of positions...i could argue our secondary overall is not high end talent.. also Burrow has really yet to crack top ten of talent... 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 07:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: talented is relative.. again other teams are also talented at variety of positions. we act like the NFL has college talent with teams. they do not....

im not sure if i would put our secondary in the position you put it in.. but again my point is many teams have talented positions. that is why his team is a parity league.. dont you think that?

I agree to a point, of course every team is talented, it is the NFL. Some are more talented in certain areas though.

I understand why some would think we are more talented then say the Lions or Jets. For example the Chargers are very talented 
and so are the Chiefs on Offense. The Bucs are very talented on their DL and at WR and TE etc.

I think when healthy our Secondary is one of the most talented in the NFL. Bates, Bell, Awuzie, Hilton, Allen and heck even Apple is 
talented, he is just really inconsistent.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 07:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: well again i would put out this is the Nfl not College  most teams have talent at a variety of positions...i could argue our secondary overall is not high end talent.. also Burrow has really yet to crack top ten of talent...

He’s top 10 in passing yards, TD’s, completion %, passer rating, and YPA

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 07:51 PM)Solomon Grundy Wrote: Small caveat there.  He had the luxury of a veteran head coach that was established in the league.  Burrow is working with a guy that is sharp but learning on the job.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Additional caveat, every team he has been on has had a cheating scandal and/or controversy.

Tuck Rule
Spygate
Deflategate
Spygate 2
Breaking and Entering a home he thought belonged to Byron Leftwich so he could practice with a coach during a period it is forbidden
Having private team practices when they were banned by the league and players association.
3 Teammates having fake vaccination cards.

Those are the ones we know about...
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 08:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s top 10 in passing yards, TD’s, completion %, passer rating, and YPA

So, have we established yet, he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about most of the time?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 11:59 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: This argument is always so goofy, thankfully you don't run into it as much. I'm not sure if you're being serious or not, but yeah, Graham isn't the GOAT. 

Depends on what your criteria is. It's all subjective, really. I put heavy weight on era as well as how they looked compared to their peers. That's why it's still Montana for me.

1. His efficiency was just way ahead of his peers. Unlike Brady, who has always been outshadowed by the likes of Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, etc in regular season. What separates Brady from Michael Jordan status is that MJ dominated regular season as well. He was unquestionably the top player for pretty much his entire career.

2. This includes playoffs, where Joe's performance actually got better, unlike Brady, who played a bit worse in post-season.

3. Due to the physicality of Joe's era, he had some pretty legendary injuries and was lucky to play to 38. Due to the lack of physicality (and partly due to Brady's nutrition), he's going to play at an elite level to 45 years old. Which helped him get what? 3 more rings?

------------

Because there is no Jordan type of guy, I still think you can make valid arguments for Brady, Montana, Graham and even guys like Unitas and Peyton Manning.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 10:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Depends on what your criteria is. It's all subjective, really. I put heavy weight on era as well as how they looked compared to their peers. That's why it's still Montana for me.

1. His efficiency was just way ahead of his peers. Unlike Brady, who has always been outshadowed by the likes of Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, etc in regular season. What separates Brady from Michael Jordan status is that MJ dominated regular season as well. He was unquestionably the top player for pretty much his entire career.

2. This includes playoffs, where Joe's performance actually got better, unlike Brady, who played a bit worse in post-season.

3. Due to the physicality of Joe's era, he had some pretty legendary injuries and was lucky to play to 38. Due to the lack of physicality (and partly due to Brady's nutrition), he's going to play at an elite level to 45 years old. Which helped him get what? 3 more rings?

------------

Because there is no Jordan type of guy, I still think you can make valid arguments for Brady, Montana, Graham and even guys like Unitas and Peyton Manning.

Yeah, you're right about it being subjective. For me, Graham takes a huge hit for his era for obvious reasons. Your Brady argument is interesting and after looking into it, it produces different results than I expected. Montana's efficiency actually WASN'T way ahead of his peers. In fact, he wasn't the best in anything but he was of course very good in everything. This is all relative to their peers over the course of their career with 1000 pass attempt minimums to filter out low volume guys. 

YPA - 4th
TD% - 11th
INT% - 8th
Rating - 2nd

Comparing to Brady...

YPA - 16th
TD% - 8th
INT% - 3rd
Rating - 8th

So, Montana had a significantly higher YPA ranking whereas Brady posted better TD% and INT% numbers than Montana with Montana finishing with a better rating, all relative to their peers. Montana DID play slightly better in the playoffs and Brady has played worse in the playoffs, though, this is all accurate. Montana suffered through injuries and played roughly 73% of his games whereas Brady has been an insane iron man. 

Really, if things continue the way they are going, Mahomes will be considered the GOAT in the near future. Look at these nutty relative rankings.

YPA - 2nd
TD% - 1st
INT% - 3rd
Rating - 1st
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 11:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That was the moment Dalton was finally bungle-ized.

You dumb fuks that claim to be Bengal fans and use the term bungles are a putrid example of being a true fan, Doosh bag stealer fans would love to have you come over to their side, you should consider it. I don’t give a rip about you or your rep points. Bye.
Reply/Quote