Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Flacco expected to miss 3-6 weeks
Don't have a link quite yet but Ian Rapoport says Joe Flacco will miss 3-6 weeks with a back issue.

The opener for him could be in question.

Link added - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000822402/article/joe-flacco-back-preparing-to-miss-36-weeks
Reply/Quote
Ravens camp will begin without the team's quarterback.

Joe Flacco will miss the first week of Baltimore's camp and is preparing to miss three to six weeks with a disc issue in his back, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per sources informed of the situation.

Around the NFL will have more on the story shortly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000822402/article/joe-flacco-back-preparing-to-miss-36-weeks

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 09:56 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Don't have a link quite yet but Ian Rapoport says Joe Flacco will miss 3-6 weeks with a back issue.

Link added - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000822402/article/joe-flacco-back-preparing-to-miss-36-weeks

Posted in AFC North Chatter.

Reply/Quote
Considering we've owned Flacco of late and historically we struggle against backups... This may do us more harm than good
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 09:56 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Don't have a link quite yet but Ian Rapoport says Joe Flacco will miss 3-6 weeks with a back issue.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Hundred million dollar quarterback continues to disappoint!  

Dixon's also out and, while that's not as big of a piece, you have to like our chances to get off to a good start with a convincing W.

I wish I could bet that -1 spread big right now but I hope it stays where it is!

Back issues have to be very tough on a quarterback because they need to be upright and then also the spine plays a big role in the throwing motion.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 10:10 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Ravens camp will begin without the team's quarterback.

Joe Flacco will miss the first week of Baltimore's camp and is preparing to miss three to six weeks with a disc issue in his back, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported, per sources informed of the situation.

Around the NFL will have more on the story shortly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000822402/article/joe-flacco-back-preparing-to-miss-36-weeks

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I LOVE IT! 

Hundred million dollar quarterback continues to disappoint!  

Dixon's also out and, while that's not as big of a piece, you have to like our chances to get off to a good start with a convincing W.

I wish I could bet that -1 spread big right now but I hope it stays where it is!

Back issues have to be very tough on a quarterback because they need to be upright and then also the spine plays a big role in the throwing motion.
Reply/Quote
Adam Schefter is reporting that the team thinks he just needs a week of rest.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I fear a backup worse than I fear Flacco.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 10:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Considering we've owned Flacco of late and historically we struggle against backups... This may do us more harm than good

give me a backup anyday over a quality starter... 
Reply/Quote
Back issues never go away.
Reply/Quote
Please just a week of rest and let it nag all year long.
Reply/Quote
I get tickets to the home opener, and the Ratbirds will be starting a backup QB. Oh darn.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 10:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: give me a backup anyday over a quality starter... 

For 31 out of 32 NFL teams, yes. That would be the case.

However, Marvin Lewis' Bengals always struggle (not necessarily lose) when facing a backup. Now granted, since it's still July and TC hasn't even started yet, this won't be a true backup scenario. Going forward, whoever the Ravens current backup QB is will be treated as and preparing as, the starter. We'll see how this goes...

Plus, can you really call flacco a "quality" starter anymore?
Reply/Quote
So now the Ravens are down a Running back, a corner and a Quarterback. Looks like maybe the injury bug is in Baltimore this year instead of here... (knock on wood)..
Reply/Quote
And the usual pundits on MSN are calling for Baltimore to pick up Kaeperdick.... oh, please... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 10:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Considering we've owned Flacco of late and historically we struggle against backups... This may do us more harm than good

Is Ryan Mallet still their backup?  I would take that!!!
Reply/Quote
No big deal with Flacco out for the opener. The Bengals need to focus on their game. I just want a W any way we get it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
and now G John Urschel announced his retirement. Not a regular starter but a solid back up which hits their depth. He was part of their mix in filling their hole at center He will continue pursuing his PHD in advanced mathematics at MIT

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 11:37 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: For 31 out of 32 NFL teams, yes. That would be the case.

However, Marvin Lewis' Bengals always struggle (not necessarily lose) when facing a backup. Now granted, since it's still July and TC hasn't even started yet, this won't be a true backup scenario. Going forward, whoever the Ravens current backup QB is will be treated as and preparing as, the starter. We'll see how this goes...

Plus, can you really call flacco a "quality" starter anymore?

I just look at it as a ex coach.. I would rather play your 2nd string over your 1st string majority of the time.. I am not going to worry about how my team did last year, 2, 3, or 4 years ago against a backup.. besides QB is not the only position where you are hurt losing a starter... im sure there are a few games we have been helped in winning where starters have been out,

quality is relative term yes.. but when you compare it to the backup you have it tends to stand out more so i would rather face Mallet all day over Flacco  (if you want to look at history than look at Mallet also.. 0-2 50 % passing rating 2 TD 4 INT playing the Bengals).. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 10:24 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Adam Schefter is reporting that the team thinks he just needs a week of rest.

This sounds like much more of a concern than just being out 3 to 6 weeks.. back issues are never good to deal with from start of season..

most updated info still looking at 3 to 6 weeks most likely

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000822402/article/joe-flacco-back-preparing-to-sit-out-36-weeks 
Reply/Quote