3. Nick Cross S Maryland

4. Daniel Bellinger TE San Diego St

5. Donovhan West C/G Arizona St.

5.Thomas Booker 3T/DT Stanford

6. Makia Polk WR Miss St.

7. Jack Jones CB Arizona St.

7. Ryan Stonehouse P Colorado St.

Thoughts???

I'm still not sold that we need a TE. But I would have a hard time complaining if the draft worked out like this.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:32 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:  
I'm still not sold that we need a TE. But I would have a hard time complaining if the draft worked out like this.

The expectation for TE is that Hurst is a short-term rental and Sample shouldn't get re-signed.
So they could get a guy now to groom for a year then take over as TE1 or TE2 next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not a fan
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The expectation for TE is that Hurst is a short-term rental and Sample shouldn't get re-signed.
So they could get a guy now to groom for a year then take over as TE1 or TE2 next year.

I get it and will be excited if we do draft one. But I just think it should be at the end of the draft. TE is probably the one position of need that I would be completely fine with not drafting and getting one as a UDFA. The Bengals being legit contenders now might actually have some pull with some UDFA's this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:55 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I get it and will be excited if we do draft one. But I just think it should be at the end of the draft. TE is probably the one position of need that I would be completely fine with not drafting and getting one as a UDFA. The Bengals being legit contenders now might actually have some pull with some UDFA's this year.

I don't see hardly any good TE1-caliber guys in this draft. I see a bunch of good TE2-caliber ones though.
I'd be ok taking a guy in Rds 4-6 who can take over TE2 next year.
Get a TE1 next year either in FA or draft. Perhaps Hurst has his best season of his career like some predict and will be worth re-signing.

I liked Sam Laporta this offseason at TE until he decided to stay in school.
Put up a really good season this past year though 53 rec for 670 yards, 3 TDs.
And he's from TE U (Iowa), so you know he'll be good in the NFL.
I'd be stoked to get him early in the 2023 draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I love Joe goodberry but I'm not a fan of this draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:32 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:  

Bellinger is only 21 years old and has all the traits they look for in a TE and has time to grow.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I love Joe goodberry but I'm not a fan of this draft.
I'm not crazy about it either. I'm fine with Elam, Paschal,Bellinger,and Cross. After that it's not all that great. I see why he went with Cross because he's only 20 with HUGE upside and an athletic freak. I would have liked Curtis Brooks MUCH better than Booker.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:20 PM)pulses Wrote: Bellinger is only 21 years old and has all the traits they look for in a TE and has time to grow.

I get it. I guess I'm thinking what can help us the most immediately and a TE isn't what helps us this year. But with time to develop sure they can help.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:29 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I get it. I guess I'm thinking what can help us the most immediately and a TE isn't what helps us this year. But with time to develop sure they can help.

he's good VALUE not every pick you make that late in the draft is going to help you NOW.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:30 PM)pulses Wrote: He's been doing this for like 13 years. He knows his stuff. He even explains why he made every pick and backed them up with recent data and traits the Bengals pick in those spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVde_1PoHUc
I don't think he is all that. I've seen his stuff and he doesn't come across as knowing anymore than the average fan.
As for his draft, doesn't move me much.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not a fan

Agreed. Watched the whole podcast and just disliked pick by pick. Elam and Cross are literally the only ones I liked in his whole mock. He traded down in 2 while Winfrey was available. Rounds 4-7, he just claimed these were upside based on Bengals preferences on traits.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:47 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Agreed. Watched the whole podcast and just disliked pick by pick. Elam and Cross are literally the only ones I liked in his whole mock. He traded down in 2 while Winfrey was available. Rounds 4-7, he just claimed these were upside based on Bengals preferences on traits.

Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of the majority of it either.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:51 PM)pulses Wrote: Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of the majority of it either.

Honestly, if he was so concerned with trading down for extra picks, you do it at 31 and grab a 3rd or more (depending on how far you drop). Trading down from 2 to 3 when you have a 1st round graded 3T for a tweener is just asinine.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:53 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Honestly, if he was so concerned with trading down for extra picks, you do it at 31 and grab a 3rd or more (depending on how far you drop). Trading down from 2 to 3 when you have a 1st round graded 3T for a tweener is just asinine.

yeah like my idea the other day 31 for 40 and 72 is way better value
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 10:15 PM)pulses Wrote: 1. Kaiir Elam CB Florida
Traded 63 to Giants for 67 and a 5th

3.Josh Paschal DE Kentucky

3. Nick Cross S Maryland

4. Daniel Bellinger TE San Diego St

5. Donovhan West C/G Arizona St.

5.Thomas Booker 3T/DT Stanford

6. Makia Polk WR Miss St.

7. Jack Jones CB Arizona St.

7. Ryan Stonehouse P Colorado St.

Thoughts???

Love it overall....swap in Curtis Brooks for Thomas Booker and I would be thrilled.  

I'm also really hoping they could get McCollum, but I would still be  happy with this draft.  
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2022, 11:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't think he is all that. I've seen his stuff and he doesn't come across as knowing anymore than the average fan.
As for his draft, doesn't move me much.

This really couldn’t be any further from the truth. The average fan doesn’t spend countless hours researching data to predict trends, or actually watch tape, or write for reputable outlets like The Athletic. There really isn’t anyone not currently working in the FO at PBS that knows more about the Bengals than Joe Goodberry, honestly.

And to be clear since I don’t think the OP mentioned it, this is not his personal draft of what he himself would do. It’s a mock of what the team might do based on predictive information collected over the years. Based on players size, testing, production, age, etc.

Reply/Quote
Not a fan, but I can see it playing out this way.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2022, 08:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This really couldn’t be any further from the truth. The average fan doesn’t spend countless hours researching data to predict trends, or actually watch tape, or write for reputable outlets like The Athletic. There really isn’t anyone not currently working in the FO at PBS that knows more about the Bengals than Joe Goodberry, honestly.

And to be clear since I don’t think the OP mentioned it, this is not his personal draft of what he himself would do. It’s a mock of what the team might do based on predictive information collected over the years. Based on players size, testing, production, age, etc.

I mean, maybe Malik Wright but your point is valid. 

Also, you're right. I forgot that he was only making picks based on trends. Curious what his desired picks would be.
Reply/Quote