Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Goodberry - Who will be the most available at 18 and 49
Joe Goodberry posted a video who he thinks will be the most (and least) likely to be available at 18 and 49.

Any thoughts?

My thought is I don't really like any OTs after Kingsley Suamataia, and Joe saying/thinking there's only a 10% chance he's there at 49 really makes me want to be safe and take an OT in Rd 1 or find a way to get back into the Top 40 instead of waiting to 49 or later to take an OT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 10:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Joe Goodberry posted a video who he thinks will be the most (and least) likely to be available at 18 and 49.

Any thoughts?

My thought is I don't really like any OTs after Kingsley Suamataia, and Joe saying/thinking there's only a 10% chance he's there at 49 really makes me want to be safe and take an OT in Rd 1 or find a way to get back into the Top 40 instead of waiting to 49 or later to take an OT.

I really hope the pick is ot at 18, and they hit on that pick. It would be nice to solidify this position for awhile. I think they should also draft at least one interior guy and a developmental tackle later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 10:20 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Joe Goodberry posted a video who he thinks will be the most (and least) likely to be available at 18 and 49.

Any thoughts?

I think that Alt, Latham, Fuaga & Fashanu have a strong chance of all being taken before the Bengals pick at #18.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 10:57 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I really hope the pick is ot at 18, and they hit on that pick.  It would be nice to solidify this position for awhile.  I think they should also draft at least one interior guy and a developmental tackle later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope whoever they pick is a Hit in Round 1
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 11:14 AM)depthchart Wrote: I think that Alt, Latham, Fuaga & Fashanu have a strong chance of all being taken before the Bengals pick at #18.

So take mims or trade back and take kingsley
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 11:42 AM)JoeyB2023 Wrote: So take mims or trade back and take kingsley

Mims might be a good option. He is MASSIVE.

6 foot 7 and 3/4 inches tall  340 pounds  36 & 1/8 inch long arms

The Steelers seem interested in Mims at pick #20. They met with him.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:08 PM)depthchart Wrote: Mims might be a good option. He is MASSIVE.

Yet, would only be our 3rd biggest OT. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
My thoughts are the FO told Trent Brown that he was a starter. It would not surprise me at all the Bengals draft a corner or DE at #18 and then draft Goncalves or Jones in later rounds to develop. Don't be surprised if Duke and the FO ignore OT first round. Maybe, just maybe if Fuaga or the kid from Washington is there they will take him because they would Play him at LG in place of Volson and then move him to RT next after season.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:08 PM)depthchart Wrote: Mims might be a good option. He is MASSIVE.

Also only 1.5 seasons played, very few starts.
Mims is arguably a big gamble and may take a year or more to develop properly into a good OT.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: My thoughts are the FO told Trent Brown that he was a starter.  It would not surprise me at all the Bengals draft a corner or DE at #18 and then draft Goncalves or Jones in later rounds to develop.  Don't be surprised if Duke and the FO ignore OT first round.  Maybe, just maybe if Fuaga or the kid from Washington is there they will take him because they would Play him at LG in place of Volson and then move him to RT next after season.

Bengals drafted a DE in the 1st round last year when having locked starters and even decent depth.
They did the same with safety the year prior.

Don't be surprised if they draft a guy again who could not start all/most of the year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Also only 1.5 seasons played, very few starts.
Mims is arguably a big gamble and may take a year or more to develop properly into a good OT.

So would this stop you from taking Mims.

He may be close to the best of what is left by Pick #18 at OT.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:34 PM)depthchart Wrote: So would this stop you from taking Mims.

Depending on who else is there, yes it would stop me.
Pollack/Tobin/Taylor might feel different though because of what they feel Mims needs coached on and is that something they feel can be easily developed.
If they take Mims and he flounders, that will be on them.

Purely me talking about my willing to take risk, I may even go Guyton over Mims. Guyton doesn't have the ceiling Mims has but I think is safer.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:34 PM)depthchart Wrote: So would this stop you from taking Mims.

Given the FO history of failed picks at OT, it would seem unacceptable risk to take Mims.  They will probably go for more certainty at #18.  I know all draftable players have risk, even one of my Favs, Newton has risk.  But Mims scares the hell out of me.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Depending on who else is there, yes it would stop me.
Pollack/Tobin/Taylor might feel different though because of what they feel Mims needs coached on and is that something they feel can be easily developed.
If they take Mims and he flounders, that will be on them.

Purely me talking about my willing to take risk, I may even go Guyton over Mims. Guyton doesn't have the ceiling Mims has but I think is safer.

This is where I start thinking about BPA.

Who is more likely NOT to Bust ?

Amarius Mims or Byron Murphy II or Brian Thomas JR or Quinyon Mitchell or Jer'Zhan Newton or Jackson Powers-Johnson or even DE Laiatu Latu
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:43 PM)depthchart Wrote: This is where I start thinking about BPA.

Who is more likely NOT to Bust ?

Amarius Mims or Byron Murphy II or Brian Thomas JR or Quinyon Mitchell or Jer'Zhan Newton or Jackson Powers-Johnson or even DE Laiatu Latu

You should add an OT forecasted in the mid-late 20's into your list like Guyton, I think.

If I had to pick out of your list though, I'd probably go Newton, personally.
This would be a situation I'd probably try to trade back into the mid-late 20's.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'd rather wait on a tackle instead of taking one in the first and watch Pollack waste his talent instead of taking a difference maker at tight end, corner, receiver, or anywhere else.
Reply/Quote
A few thoughts:
Last year an OT was picked right before us in round 1 and then not a single OT was picked in round 2.
I suspect we will need a starting RT AND a swing tackle next year.
The Bengals shouldn't be picking this high in the draft for several more years.
While we would all like to get a plug-and-play RT that list is limited to Fuaga, Latham, Mims, and Guyton.
Fuaga is the only one without questions, including Latham and Guyton not working out.
I don't like projecting a LT to RT.
IMO we will need, this year or next, to package picks and move up.
Sure would help if the Bengals were willing to trade to collect more picks as draft capital.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 02:32 PM)puddycat Wrote: A few thoughts:
Last year an OT was picked right before us in round 1 and then not a single OT was picked in round 2.
I suspect we will need a starting RT AND a swing tackle next year.
The Bengals shouldn't be picking this high in the draft for several more years.
While we would all like to get a plug-and-play RT that list is limited to Fuaga, Latham, Mims, and Guyton.
Fuaga is the only one without questions, including Latham and Guyton not working out.
I don't like projecting a LT to RT.
IMO we will need, this year or next, to package picks and move up.
Sure would help if the Bengals were willing to trade to collect more picks as draft capital.

My thought is get one OT this year, get another next year unless they have someone in the middle rounds who they really like to be swing OT.
They have 3 of their 4 OTs in contract year this year - Trent Brown, Carman, and Smith.
An early draft pick would kick one of Carman or Smith off this year, and a draft pick next year could help replace another.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Also only 1.5 seasons played, very few starts.

Mims had 8 starts. He was a backup in 2022 and filled in during the CFP run and sprained his ankle I'm 2023. I get the 8 games thing but its not like Mims has this extensive injury history we are talking about a high ankle sprain.

In those 8 games Amarius Mims shows why he is a first round talent with great feel for the position that guys like Guyton and Blake Fisher just don't have. Mims' best football is definitely ahead of him. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 02:44 PM)Synric Wrote: Mims had 8 starts. He was a backup in 2022 and filled in during the CFP run and sprained his ankle I'm 2023. I get the 8 games thing but its not like Mims has this extensive injury history we are talking about a high ankle sprain.

In those 8 games Amarius Mims shows why he is a first round talent with great feel for the position that guys like Guyton and Blake Fisher just don't have. Mims' best football is definitely ahead of him. 

I just get weary of someone who hasn't even started an entire season's worth of games in college.
It just feels too risky to me.
But I'm probably more risk-averse than most people, and I'm by no means anywhere close to a scout in regard to identifying talent or whether someone will be good or not.
Just my uneducated opinion.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote