Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe MIxon foot injury
How long are we expecting Joe Mixon to be out? What kind of foot injury is it?

He didn't practice at all going into the bye week. Can we expect him to be back against the Steelers?

Geo has been hot and really fits us well for what we need out of our backs in this offense. This is a pass first offense where the RBs are heavily needed in pass pro--as well as getting a lot of change of pace rushes out of shotgun. Not a lot of slow developing plays. Geo is perfect for that. He's a better blocker, which is quite valuable. He's also an amazing receiver out of the backfield.

That said, we invested a lot in Mixon and no doubt want to use him. He's an elite runner between the tackles and out in space.

In fantasy, I selected Joe in the 2nd round (19th overall). I dumped Geo this week in fantasy, expecting Mixon to come back after the bye. Wondering if I made a mistake. I didn't need him in my lineup this week, so I dumped him and picked up Joe Burrow. I also have Green (6th round), Tyler Boyd (8th round), and Tee Higgens (free agency). Going with Boyd and Higgens as my starters from here on out, as Odell Beckham went to IR, and Robby Anderson (12th round) is only good for 10 points. I also have Claypool and D. Johnson from the Steelers on my bench. My RBs are set with Delvin Cook, Joe Mixon and James Conner. Got Kelce (3rd rd) and Aaron Rodgers (10th rd) too. Rodgers and Burrow are both ranked around 10-12 in fantasy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We need Mixon back, as he is elite. He would have had a huge game today. That said, we are pretty good with Gio and Perine, who played well today. I'm more interested in when Hubbard is coming back so we get some rush from both sides.
Reply/Quote
Gio did way more today than Mixon ever did for the Bengals.... what a waste of money by Mike Brown.

Honestly we should have a full thread on this topic. With Gio out there the defense doesn't know if we are running or passing. Mixon it's either a run or a screen he can't block worth ish

Unlikely popular opinion but its how I feel after two games of watching Gio
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:29 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Gio did way more today than Mixon ever did for the Bengals.... what a waste of money by Mike Brown.

Honestly we should have a full thread on this topic.  With Gio out there the defense doesn't know if we are running or passing.  Mixon it's either a run or a screen he can't block worth ish

It's an interesting debate to be had. I do think Mixon is an elite runner though. He has tremendous value. 

I do think our offense is morphing into a pass-first offense with a lot of quick developing plays. We seem to get ourselves into trouble with slow developing run plays and play action. Our line gets push back too quickly.

We can't be too dependent on the pass game though. If we could run it at will we would be a lot better as a team. Mixon fits into that winning formula--our line developing does as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: We need Mixon back, as he is elite. He would have had a huge game today. That said, we are pretty good with Gio and Perine, who played well today. I'm more interested in when Hubbard is coming back so we get some rush from both sides.

I'd like to know when Hubbard is expected back as well. We need help desperately rushing the passer. I'd like to see a 1st round pick invested to address the issue. But a great cover corner would do wonders as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:29 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Gio did way more today than Mixon ever did for the Bengals.... what a waste of money by Mike Brown.

Honestly we should have a full thread on this topic.  With Gio out there the defense doesn't know if we are running or passing.  Mixon it's either a run or a screen he can't block worth ish

Unpopular because it is extremely wrong. Mixon is an elite runner and an excellent pass catcher. Gio is not able to handle the full time punishment of being a #1 back. Not a knock on Gio, he is one of my favorite players, it just is what it is. Each has their strengths and one does not take away the other. We have an excellent 1-2... be happy with it.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Unpopular because it is extremely wrong. Mixon is an elite runner and an excellent pass catcher. Gio is not able to handle the full time punishment of being a #1 back. Not a knock on Gio, he is one of my favorite players, it just is what it is. Each has their strengths and one does not take away the other. We have an excellent 1-2... be happy with it.

Is there even an ounce of evidence to support this, or is this because he is small? 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:40 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Is there even an ounce of evidence to support this, or is this because he is small? 

When Hill was injured and Gio had to move to #1, you could see it wearing on him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Unpopular because it is extremely wrong. Mixon is an elite runner and an excellent pass catcher. Gio is not able to handle the full time punishment of being a #1 back. Not a knock on Gio, he is one of my favorite players, it just is what it is. Each has their strengths and one does not take away the other. We have an excellent 1-2... be happy with it.

Except for the fact that when Mixon is active... Gio is treated like he's inactive.   

Bengals don't use the two together very well.  That my friend is a fact... so you have to compare the two when they are the #1 back
Reply/Quote
I want to see us use Mixon and Geo 50/50 personally, based on formation or what have you.
Reply/Quote
It's a broken record, but I'd love to see our offensive guru HC figure out some packages using both at the same time. Gio is such a weapon on blitzes and with check-downs. I'm not convinced he wouldn't be a passable slot receiver.
Reply/Quote
Gio is the better back, it affects Mixon's mentality (for better or worse). We tried splitting drives with them and that didn't work. If Mixon could block better maybe this thought wouldn't creep into half of our minds.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:40 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Is there even an ounce of evidence to support this, or is this because he is small? 

The drafting of both Hill and Mixon is pretty good evidence the team views it that way.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: When Hill was injured and Gio had to move to #1, you could see it wearing on him. 

With our "#1s" injury, seems like it's wearing on him too and he can't handle it either.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:45 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I want to see us use Mixon and Geo 50/50 personally, based on formation or what have you.

*Gio

He’s not a crappy Jeep knockoff lol

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: *Gio

He’s not a crappy Jeep knockoff lol

Oh, haha. My bad.
Reply/Quote

You must have watched a different game.

Gio had 15 carries for 62 yards and 1 TD rushing and 16 yards on 3 catches and 1 TD. Outside of the TDs, with decent blocking that would be a sub-average day for Mixon. Mixon is underrated as a receiver, he rarely drops a pass.

Reply/Quote

Hill and Mixon both won the starting job over Gio with two different coaching staffs.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You must have watched a different game.

Gio had 15 carries for 62 yards and 1 TD rushing and 16 yards on 3 catches and 1 TD. Outside of the TDs, with decent blocking that would be a sub-average day for Mixon. Mixon is underrated as a receiver, he rarely drops a pass.

Well I was at the game and watched every snap from 20 rows out.

Gio did more today than Mixon does. Now whether that is on the coaches who knows.  I think Mixon should be used like Gio but that is for the coaches to decide not me
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:56 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Well I was at the game and watched every snap from 20 rows out.

Gio did more today than Mixon does. Now whether that is on the coaches who knows.  I think Mixon should be used like Gio but that is for the coaches to decide not me

You just like Gio more, that's the only explanation for your comments.

Reply/Quote