Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon
At what point are we allowed to start worrying about this guy instead of just regurgitating hype quotes/articles?

2017 Preseason: 3.9 YPC
2017 Season: 3.5 YPC
2018 Preseason 2.4 YPC

- - - - -
Before it all gets blamed on the (admittedly crap) OL...

Gio Bernard
2017 Preseason: 6.2 YPC
2017 Season: 4.4 YPC
2018 Preseason: 5.0 YPC

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He has had what only six attempts so far this pre season oh and an amazing Touchdown on a receiving play. I wouldn't be worried to much yet.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 02:52 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He has had what only six attempts so far this pre season oh and an amazing Touchdown on a receiving play. I wouldn't be worried to much yet.

7, but you put all three together and it becomes a bit worrying. Trust me, I wouldn't put any stock in it if it was just this preseason. It's just kind of always been a thing with him so far.

Receiving wasn't an issue for him last year either, but he seems to be awfully different once he is handed the ball. Maybe his future is to lose 10-ish pounds and become a slot receiver if he can't solve whatever problems he's having be if vision/decisiveness/whatever.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 7, but you put all three together and it becomes a bit worrying. Trust me, I wouldn't put any stock in it if it was just this preseason. It's just kind of always been a thing with him so far.

Receiving wasn't an issue for him last year either, but he seems to be awfully different once he is handed the ball. Maybe his future is to lose 10-ish pounds and become a slot receiver if he can't solve whatever problems he's having be if vision/decisiveness/whatever.

Late sample size last year with a worse line, catch out of the backfield and move in 1st preseason game, very limited play all against defense 1st.. Dallas had their 2nd defense in for most of Gios runs as did the Bears i believe.. gives me no worries at this point in our season and his career.

What i actually was happy with last nite is Mixon tried to make something out of nothing on a carry or two and did not go back 3 to 5 yards for a loss especially when we were backed up... good sign for a young player. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 01:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: At what point are we allowed to start worrying about this guy instead of just regurgitating hype quotes/articles?

2018 Preseason 2.4 YPC

- - - - -

Gio Bernard

When the regular season kicks off, he gets more than a few carries, and the O-line shows modest improvement.
Reply/Quote
All I can say is lets hope Price, Boling and Glenn don't all 3 get injured at the same time or we'll have to start recruiting emergency backup QBS from high schools.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Believe Mixon will be fine. Seems Walton wants to do a lot of dancing behind the line though.

Do not get why he is ahead of Carson who just runs straight north and picks up positive yards frequently.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 03:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 7, but you put all three together and it becomes a bit worrying. Trust me, I wouldn't put any stock in it if it was just this preseason. It's just kind of always been a thing with him so far.

He finished last season quite well averaging 4 yards a carry except the Denver game. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 01:36 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: At what point are we allowed to start worrying about this guy instead of just regurgitating hype quotes/articles?

2018 Preseason 2.4 YPC

- - - - -

Gio Bernard

I am very pleased to say we have BRIAN HILL.   :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:  
Reply/Quote
Let’s just be like Cleveland and keep drafting quarterbacks and running backs until we find some that work. The Browns are only in their sixth decade of rebuilding.
Reply/Quote

2018 Preseason 2.4 YPC

- - - - -

Gio Bernard

Really small sample size this PS so far. Want to see how he does against the Bills this next week and see if he can
get into a rhythm, he seems like one of these backs. Gio has been better than Mixon though but the talent that Joe
has is undeniable and shown on that TD catch and run against the Bears.

BTW, Brian Hill has looked great this Preseason...

Wonder what his YPC has been since being in stripes?
Reply/Quote
I'm not worried yet but I must admit I'm a little dissappointed.
Reply/Quote
The dude has had 7 ***** carries.

I’ve never seen a more fickle board in my life.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 04:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Let’s just be like Cleveland and keep drafting quarterbacks and running backs until we find some that work.  The Browns are only in their sixth decade of rebuilding.

This ^

How about we let him play out his first year as the number 1RB before we pass judgement?
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2018, 09:14 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: The dude has had 7 ***** carries.

I’ve never seen a more fickle board in my life.
Plus the run he made on TD pass was very impressive 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Maybe a little later than 6 carries into the preseason?
Reply/Quote
The little dumpoff has convinced me. If he can run like a hardnosed MFer between the tackles? I think that he and Gio can be a really good RB duo this year. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 12:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe a little later than 6 carries into the preseason?

Yeah, he should have also pointed to regular season numbers...…….

Hey, wait a minute, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2018, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, he should have also pointed to regular season numbers...…….

Hey, wait a minute, 

No one was really worried about Mixon at the end of last season.  Over his last 4 games (2 against defenses ranked in the top 7 in the league) he had 336 yards from scrimmage averaging 5.0 yards per carry and 11.4 yards per catch.

So what kind of knee-jerk drama queen starts crying after 7 carries in the next preseason?

Probably the kind who refuses to acknowledge the highlight reel receiving td Mixon had in the first preseason game.

And the kind who refuses to acknowledge that a lot of people in the national media are excited about Mixon based on his "production" at the end of last year and not just "hype".

You know what kind I am talking about?

Reply/Quote

(08-20-2018, 01:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No one was really worried about Mixon at the end of last season.  Over his last 4 games (2 against defenses ranked in the top 7 in the league) he had 336 yards from scrimmage averaging 5.0 yards per carry and 11.4 yards per catch.

So what kind of knee-jerk drama queen starts crying after 7 carries in the next preseason?

Probably the kind who refuses to acknowledge the highlight reel receiving td Mixon had in the first preseason game.

And the kind who refuses to acknowledge that a lot of people in the national media are excited about Mixon based on his "production" at the end of last year and not just "hype".

Almost like you don't even read other people's posts before you turn into a little snarky "drama queen".

I am not talking about just this preseason. You give me shit for small sample sizes while ignoring the fact I am referring to his whole career thus far, and then try to cherry pick 4 games out of 20. That's not hypocritical at all.

I also explicitly said he doesn't have a problem receiving and that I think his future is as a receiver. You know, the exact opposite of refusing to acknowledge any receiving he's done...

...but I am sure you didn't intentionally ignore the contents of my post in order to whine about the exact things I addressed, because you wouldn't be that kind of person, right?

Reply/Quote