Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon
(12-28-2018, 03:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same with a lot of other Bengals fans.  Not sure what Pistons is talking about.

Dillon did not handle it well flipping off fans and all that, but I was not on the internet back then so I don't know how most Bengal fans felt about him wanting out.

That was my only gripe with Corey.....the fans did nothing but support you man.  Myself, I thought it was a bad look, but I understood his frustration.  I took a lot of flak on the old board for supporting Palmer's stance too.  Maybe that is what he is referring to?  

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mixon is only 18th in targets among RBs (54), but that is because Bernard is 26th (43).  Together they have 97.

Good stuff Fred, still i think Mixon should of been used more in the passing game and maybe even Gio a little
less. Think this would of made the Offense a bit less predictable and Mixon seems to break tackles a lot better
than Gio that would of went for more YPC.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stuff Fred, still i think Mixon should of been used more in the passing game and maybe even Gio a little
less. Think this would of made the Offense a bit less predictable and Mixon seems to break tackles a lot better
than Gio that would of went for more YPC.

Mixon, with a better coaching staff, could have been used much more efficiently. He could have been a much bigger part of the passing game, a more integral part.
Reply/Quote
Stays healthy, stays productive and the Bengals still remain playoff failures and he's throwing pads into the stands as soon as the contract is up.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 11:55 PM)Destro Wrote: Stays healthy, stays productive and the Bengals still remain playoff failures and he's throwing pads into the stands as soon as the contract is up.

No he isn't.  He is more mature than most of the fans here.  He does not take Mike Browns incompetence as a personal attack.  He just knows Mike is not very good at running a football team.

So he will act like a pro and just move on without pitching a little baby fit.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 01:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No he isn't.  He is more mature than most of the fans here.  He does not take Mike Browns incompetence as a personal attack.  He just knows Mike is not very good at running a football team.

Now you're going into the future to tell people they're wrong.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 03:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: That was my only gripe with Corey.....the fans did nothing but support you man.  Myself, I thought it was a bad look, but I understood his frustration.  I took a lot of flak on the old board for supporting Palmer's stance too.  Maybe that is what he is referring to?  

The mistake the players made when they asked CP to go see the Tree Sloth was - they should have sent 10 core players, and then went to the press right after if he did not respond positively. The fans would have backed a core of players who wanted to win.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 10:51 AM)McC Wrote: Now you're going into the future to tell people they're wrong.

Hilarious ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2018, 04:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mixon, with a better coaching staff, could have been used much more efficiently. He could have been a much bigger part of the passing game, a more integral part.

For sure, i knew as lots that Mixon was just as talented if not more so than any of those backs in that great
draft and he has shown it this year. But those guys have been used better and that is the only difference.

Well, that and better O-lines in front of them which just goes to show how good Mixon actually is.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 01:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No he isn't.  He is more mature than most of the fans here.  He does not take Mike Browns incompetence as a personal attack.  He just knows Mike is not very good at running a football team.

So what Dillon does was out of immaturity? He gave it a go, gave the Bengals more than one chance, and they just wasted his talents. When he said he had enough, he got a ring. Would you also think it would be immature for someone to play out there contract and leave to attempt success somewhere else? That seems more mature than he was coming out of college. Give the fans something to take home as he leaves. Would be like honoring what Dillon went through, like Boyd doing the Chad celebration.

If he wants to win, what have the Bengals showed him since he has been here, ( or if he was read anything on their history ) to convince him he is with a winner? 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 10:51 AM)McC Wrote: Now you're going into the future to tell people they're wrong.

(12-29-2018, 03:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious ThumbsUp

So other people are allowed to talk about what will happen in the future, but I am not?

[Image: lighten-up-francis-22862786.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 09:16 PM)Destro Wrote: So what Dillon does was out of immaturity? He gave it a go, gave the Bengals more than one chance, and they just wasted his talents. When he said he had enough, he got a ring. Would you also think it would be immature for someone to play out there contract and leave to attempt success somewhere else? That seems more mature than he was coming out of college. Give the fans something to take home as he leaves. Would be like honoring what Dillon went through, like Boyd doing the Chad celebration.

If he wants to win, what have the Bengals showed him since he has been here, ( or if he was read anything on their history ) to convince him he is with a winner? 

Yes.  Flipping off the fans was out of immaturity.

I don't see Mixon acting like that.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 10:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  Flipping off the fans was out of immaturity.

I certainly hope Mixon is never in a situation as dire as Dillon was with the 90s Bengals.  With that being said, hasn't Mixon shown that his anger can cause sudden bursts of lamentable behavior?  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 10:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I certainly hope Mixon is never in a situation as dire as Dillon was with the 90s Bengals.  With that being said, hasn't Mixon shown that his anger can cause sudden bursts of lamentable behavior?  

When he was too young to even buy a beer, yes. Gainfully employed adult Joe Mixon has been fine.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 11:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: When he was too young to even buy a beer, yes. Gainfully employed adult Joe Mixon has been fine.

Hey, all I'm saying is that a guy who would punch a woman might do something so bold as to raise his middle finger, too.  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 10:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  Flipping off the fans was out of immaturity.

Friend of his? He has also punched a woman slam in the head. Granted, that was time ago, but throwing up a finger is far from a reach. Earl Thomas did it this year. No one has a problem flipping someone off. 
Reply/Quote
If our own fan base is never going to let him live that incident down how can we expect the media or opposing teams/fans to?

Absolutely no reason to bring it up at this point.

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2018, 11:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If our own fan base is never going to let him live that incident down how can we expect the media or opposing teams/fans to?

Absolutely no reason to bring it up at this point.

I only brought it up because we are talking about whether or not he might do something immature in a moment of anger without thinking.
Reply/Quote
Joe is still in honeymoon stage with this team.

Remember that the reluctance of most teams to even have him on their draft boards is the sole reason he is even wearing stripes.

He does feel a sense of loyalty to Lewis and the Bengals because they were willing to still draft him despite his checkered past. I believe I have seen him with quotes along these lines over the past two years.

I live in Joe's home town, Oakley CA, across the street from his old HS. I was fortunate enough to have an opportunity to meet him, John Ross, Jordan Evans, and Tra Carson back in July at the Mixon youth football camp.

He is nothing like Corey Dillon imo... maybe it's just because he is "young", but it's refreshing to meet a kid who does genuinely care about lifting the team to higher aspirations and cares that the fans show up and support.

I hope he can keep that youthful excitement and help lead us out of this mess.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 10:33 AM)SnakeEyez925 Wrote: Joe is still in honeymoon stage with this team.  

Remember that the reluctance of most teams to even have him on their draft boards is the sole reason he is even wearing stripes.

He does feel a sense of loyalty to Lewis and the Bengals because they were willing to still draft him despite his checkered past.  I believe I have seen him with quotes along these lines over the past two years.

I live in Joe's home town, Oakley CA, across the street from his old HS.  I was fortunate enough to have an opportunity to meet him, John Ross, Jordan Evans, and Tra Carson back in July at the Mixon youth football camp.

He is nothing like Corey Dillon imo... maybe it's just because he is "young", but it's refreshing to meet a kid who does genuinely care about lifting the team to higher aspirations and cares that the fans show up and support.

I hope he can keep that youthful excitement and help lead us out of this mess.

Let's hope

Can you imagine what he's capable of with a really good Oline and competent coaching ?
Reply/Quote