Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon
Sadly, the Bengals change you.
Reply/Quote
Just clicked to see if he was still a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
Before I say what I'm about to say, let me preface it with the fact that I like Joe Mixon.

Now...

Joe Mixon owes the Bengals everything. They were the team that took a chance on his punk-a**. He may have gone undrafted for all we know, and there is no way of saying otherwise. Joe really can't look at this franchise negatively, because they were the ones who gave him a chance after making a mistake that typically costs guys a lot more than it did Joe. If Joe leaves, he will do so with the utmost respect for the Cincinnati Bengals, if he knows what is right.
Reply/Quote
Mixon doesn't owe the Bengals shit. Everyone likes to live in the world of ifs and buts. We don't know if he would've want undrafted or not. There's no way to know and anything else is strictly speculation. If he ever does leave the Bengals or demand his way out, I can't blame him. Playing on a team ran by Mike Brown has to take it's toll on someone. We've seriously had players want to retire than play another second for him.

Mixon is a beast and will not settle for being a loser. We need MORE players who feel that same way. Mixon is either going to help or he's going to leave. If I were a betting man, I'd probably put it all on leave because we know our owner/GM will still be the worst in professional sports when Mixon's contract is up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:47 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Mixon doesn't owe the Bengals shit. Everyone likes to live in the world of ifs and buts. We don't know if he would've want undrafted or not. There's no way to know and anything else is strictly speculation. If he ever does leave the Bengals or demand his way out, I can't blame him. Playing on a team ran by Mike Brown has to take it's toll on someone. We've seriously had players want to retire than play another second for him.

Mixon is a beast and will not settle for being a loser. We need MORE players who feel that same way. Mixon is either going to help or he's going to leave. If I were a betting man, I'd probably put it all on leave because we know our owner/GM will still be the worst in professional sports when Mixon's contract is up.

I don't care how you spin it, Joe Mixon owes the Bengals for taking a chance on him.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 03:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't care how you spin it, Joe Mixon owes the Bengals for taking a chance on him.

And Mike Brown owes all the players more of a chance than he ever has given them.
Reply/Quote
It's not like Mixon went undrafted. He was drafted in the second round. So if no one else was going to give him a chance, the Bengals shouldn't have gotten him until after the draft or the 7th round. Point being is that someone was going to get him. Mixon doesn't owe his football career to the Bengals. He was 5th in the league in rushing with no passing game and a bad O-line. He knows he could be doing better elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 03:15 PM)Destro Wrote: It's not like Mixon went undrafted. He was drafted in the second round. So if no one else was going to give him a chance, the Bengals shouldn't have gotten him until after the draft or the 7th round. Point being is that someone was going to get him. Mixon doesn't owe his football career to the Bengals. He was 5th in the league in rushing with no passing game and a bad O-line. He knows he could be doing better elsewhere.

He doesn't owe them his football career, but he can't go shooting off his mouth like Dillon and flipping off fans is my point. He owes this organization for giving him a chance just like the Kareem Hunt will owe the team that gives him his 2nd chance.

If he isn't grateful towards Cincinnati for drafting him in the 2nd round, then he doesn't quite get it IMO. He MUST stay classy for this very reason. He can't go pulling a Dillon/Palmer.

Also, if any other team had drafted him, I would feel the same about that team.. He should be gracious to whatever team drafted him after his massive mistake.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:47 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Mixon doesn't owe the Bengals shit. Everyone likes to live in the world of ifs and buts. We don't know if he would've want undrafted or not. There's no way to know and anything else is strictly speculation. If he ever does leave the Bengals or demand his way out, I can't blame him. Playing on a team ran by Mike Brown has to take it's toll on someone. We've seriously had players want to retire than play another second for him.

I've felt for a long time that no Bengal should ever sign a second contract.  Any more than four or five years can really take a mental toll.  It has to sukk knowing that your owner will never truly compete for a SB because he refuses to give up his goofy wrong way and step into the current century.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 03:14 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And Mike Brown owes all the players more of a chance than he ever has given them.

They signed a contact, he paid them... was there some clause that said they deserved wins?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 04:24 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He doesn't owe them his football career, but he can't go shooting off his mouth like Dillon and flipping off fans is my point. He owes this organization for giving him a chance just like the Kareem Hunt will owe the team that gives him his 2nd chance.

If he isn't grateful towards Cincinnati for drafting him in the 2nd round, then he doesn't quite get it IMO. He MUST stay classy for this very reason. He can't go pulling a Dillon/Palmer.

Also, if any other team had drafted him, I would feel the same about that team.. He should be gracious to whatever team drafted him after his massive mistake.

I think people make too much of his mistake. While I don't think it's right to hit a woman, this isn't the normal circumstance we see with NFL football players. The woman he hit cussed him, spit on him, called him the n word, pushed him, and tried to choke him before he struck her. There's video that shows all of it. He didn't just beat a woman. Again, I personally do not think it's okay to hit a woman, but lets not act as if she is innocent in this situation.

I just don't see this as some horrible offense that was going to keep him out of the League. He accepted it, apologized, and didn't hide from it. He WAS going to be drafted by someone. So no, if Mike Brown keeps being the piece of shit he is, I will not blame Mixon for pulling a Pickens, Dillon, Palmer, Johnson, or anything like that.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 04:26 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They signed a contact, he paid them... was there some clause that said they deserved wins?

Where is the clause saying that the end of the contract he must respect them. He can't be like Dillon/palmer? Why not? It is actually more fashionable now to call out your team than when they played. Mixon could have gone later in the draft and be in the playoffs next week. Don't act like he would be working at Home Depot without the Bengals. You can argue for Burfict, but Mixon was a 2ND ROUNDER!! He was getting drafted. He's a winner and is not a quiet and shy, like Dalton and Green and many others on this team. This team continues to do what it has done, he has no reason to stick around. The Bengals disrespect themselves.
Reply/Quote
How can you dictate what he can and can't do. Reuben Foster has multiple issues and ends up on the exempt list and Redskins pick him up the next day. Earl Thomas got a ring and bling with his time in Seattle, flips them the bird and will have a job next year. Bell didn't play this year. As stupid as it is, he will have someone pay him next year. Dillon is "disrespectful" and old and gets a job and a ring. DJ Swingeringer disagrees with coaches, is released and picked up the next day.

Stop thinking Mixon is some type of helpless child without the Bengals. The Bengals need him far more than he needs them and any person, including him, should see that. The contract has him trapped, not the other way around.
Reply/Quote