Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon - Fedex Ground player of the year
Go vote for Joe here: https://www.nfl.com/voting/air-and-ground/player-of-the-year
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I should probably vote for Jonathan Taylor here.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:28 PM)wcu Wrote: Go vote for Joe here: https://www.nfl.com/voting/air-and-ground/player-of-the-year

I voted for Joe though if I were being honest it should go to Jonathan Taylor.  That kid was the Colts offense

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:34 PM)pally Wrote: I voted for Joe though if I were being honest it should go to Jonathan Taylor.  That kid was the Colts offense

I too gave a homer vote for Joe and also voted for Tom Brady at QB because I don't want Herbert to win. Joe
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I too gave a homer vote for Joe and also voted for Tom Brady at QB because I don't want Herbert to win. Joe

I abstained from the QB vote, but I think I prefer your spiteful approach! 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:42 PM)wcu Wrote: I abstained from the QB vote, but I think I prefer your spiteful approach! 

I had no intention of voting either since I couldn't stuff the ballot with a Burrow pick, but when I saw Herbert's name I had to do something. Brady is the GOAT QB so I rationalized I wasn't doing anything sinful by voting for him.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:32 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I should probably vote for Jonathan Taylor here.

Yeah if it is close I can fan myself into voting for a player on my teams even if they're slightly behind statistically.... this isn't even slightly close, though. 

We're talking 1,205 yards (4.1 YPC)/13 TD vs 1,811 yards (5.5 YPC)/18 TD. That's significant.

Mixon also finished the season real real weak. 281 yards (3.4 YPC)/2 TD over the final 5 games (6 if we count the rest week 18).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:50 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah if it is close I can fan myself into voting for a player on my teams even if they're slightly behind statistically.... this isn't even slightly close, though. 

We're talking 1,205 yards (4.1 YPC)/13 TD vs 1,811 yards (5.5 YPC)/18 TD. That's significant.

Mixon also finished the season real real weak. 281 yards (3.4 YPC)/2 TD over the final 5 games (6 if we count the rest week 18).

I embraced "since it's just silly fan voting stuff," might as well homer it up. You present the logical reason though with the stats as to why Taylor is the better choice. Dude had a great year and we can let the professional writers, award givers, etc. recognize him.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:54 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I embraced "since it's just silly fan voting stuff," might as well homer it up. You present the logical reason though with the stats as to why Taylor is the better choice. Dude had a great year and we can let the professional writers, award givers, etc. recognize him.

Oh yeah, by all means. Have at your votes. I just can't do it. Can't bring myself to do it when MLB does their All-Star voting, either. If it's close though, I have no problem throwing in a dozen votes. Lol

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Oh yeah, by all means. Have at your votes. I just can't do it. Can't bring myself to do it when MLB does their All-Star voting, either. If it's close though, I have no problem throwing in a dozen votes. Lol

Funny, I've also not voted for the MLB all-star game in a long, long time. I pretty much never partake in these types of votes but I'm Bengals-homer-optimistic mode right now. I'm not taking this fun for granted.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
If my favorites don't or can't win it must be rigged..  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Who is blocking for Jonathan Taylor? Who are they playing in the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:22 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Who is blocking for Jonathan Taylor? Who are they playing in the playoffs?

Oh, it's an award for the RB with the shittiest OL who is also has a good enough surrounding team, QB, and WRs that they can make it to the playoffs regardless of personal stats? I thought it was an award for the RB with the best ground game this year. That changes everything.

Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 08:51 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Oh, it's an award for the RB with the shittiest OL who is also has a good enough surrounding team, QB, and WRs that they can make it to the playoffs regardless of personal stats? I thought it was an award for the RB with the best ground game this year. That changes everything.

Ninja

Whoops my bad. Thought I was posting that to the bengals message board.
Reply/Quote
Voted Joe and Stafford cause I dislike him the least.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:28 PM)wcu Wrote: Go vote for Joe here: https://www.nfl.com/voting/air-and-ground/player-of-the-year

Anyone trying to avoid favoritism should vote for Taylor.
Dude was head and shoulders better than Mixon.

1811 rushing yards, 360 receiving yards, and 20 TDs.
5.5 yards per carry.

Mixon's 1205, 315, 16 isn't close enough to earn the vote, even if he is a Bengal.
Only 4.1 yards per carry.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Anyone trying to avoid favoritism should vote for Taylor.
Dude was head and shoulders better than Mixon.

1811 rushing yards, 360 receiving yards, and 20 TDs.
5.5 yards per carry.

Mixon's 1205, 315, 16 isn't close enough to earn the vote, even if he is a Bengal.
Only 4.1 yards per carry.

Right. So the rest of the fans across the NFL. However if you are a Bengal fan. Feel free to be a homer.

We wouldn't be where we are without Mixon it up all the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Right. So the rest of the fans across the NFL. However if you are a Bengal fan. Feel free to be a homer.

We wouldn't be where we are without Mixon it up all the time.

Already voted and went Taylor.
I don't vote for players on my team unless I feel they've really deserved it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 09:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Already voted and went Taylor.
I don't vote for players on my team unless I feel they've really deserved it.

I don't blame you. Taylor truly deserves it. That kid balled out this year. Mixon would probably agree.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 06:32 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I should probably vote for Jonathan Taylor here.

For some reason when I see his name, all I think about is Fred Taylor and Jonathan Stewart, a pair of great RBs from a couple decades ago.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote