Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon Has A Warning For Rest Of League!
One of the things that I've said that I like about this team is that they're working on improving every week and we're just going to keep getting better.

According to TheSpun.com Joe Mixon feels the same way and has a warning for the rest of the league!

Quote:The Cincinnati Bengals have raced out to a 5-2 record this season thanks to a superb sophomore season from Joe Burrow and a record-setting rookie season by wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase. Their hot start has led star running back Joe Mixon to send a message to the rest of the league.

Speaking to the team website this week, Mixon declared that the Bengals have done this well without having “a complete game” yet. He believes that once they get their perfect game, they’ll be “scary.”

“We haven’t had a complete game and we’re getting better each and every week,” Mixon said, via Geoff Hobson of the team’s website. “I think a perfect game is going to come. Really, at the end of the day, we’re heating up. If we get hot, it’s just going to be scary.”

The Bengals will probably get that perfect game against the lowly New York Jets this week. New York will be without rookie quarterback Zach Wilson and are coming off a game where they allowed 54 points.

If there was ever a game where the Bengals can go rolling on all cylinders, it’s this one.

I love that because you know it means that they're not taking it lightly and will just come out looking to manhandle someone and drive them into the dirt!

After seven tough games, this game will allow them to reach their full potential and just own the Jets, which will give them confidence and momentum heading into the Browns game!

Quote:t hasn’t just been the Cincinnati Bengals offense doing the hard work this season. While the offense may have the big names like Burrow, Mixon and Chase, the defense has exceeded expectations.

The Bengals defense currently ranks in the top 10 for both yards and points allowed. They’ve given up just seven touchdown passes this season – second fewest in the league.

After trouncing the Baltimore Ravens 41-17 last week, the Bengals are primed to take control of the AFC North this weekend.

Are the Bengals as scary of a team as Joe Mixon says they are?

This will make the defense even more confident to dominate more than they already have been!

WHO-DEY!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 04:17 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: One of the things that I've said that I like about this team is that they're working on improving every week and we're just going to keep getting better.

According to TheSpun.com Joe Mixon feels the same way and has a warning for the rest of the league!

I love that because you know it means that they're not taking it lightly and will just come out looking to manhandle someone and drive them into the dirt!

After seven tough games, this game will allow them to reach their full potential and just own the Jets, which will give them confidence and momentum heading into the Browns game!

This will make the defense even more confident to dominate more than they already have been!

WHO-DEY!!!

That is good because the Reds have not been relevant in the NL in a long time.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 09:00 AM)spazz70 Wrote: That is good because the Reds have not been relevant in the NL in a long time.

I mean, the Braves are the only active team right now, so he could have just warned them.  Seems intentionally obtuse, lol.
Reply/Quote
Wait, I'm confused here..Did Mixon say he was going to buy the Reds and turn them into the 26 Yankees or something?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't know about the whole team but Burrow looks completely different from the first of the year. He seemed afraid to scramble. I was afraid that it was going to be a tough season to watch with sketchy pass protection and an immobile QB. But now he is moving fine and scorching the league.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 10:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know about the whole team but Burrow looks completely different from the first of the year. He seemed afraid to scramble. I was afraid that it was going to be a tough season to watch with sketchy pass protection and an immobile QB. But now he is moving fine and scorching the league.

Greatly improved pass protection has been a huge help too..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 10:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know about the whole team but Burrow looks completely different from the first of the year. He seemed afraid to scramble. I was afraid that it was going to be a tough season to watch with sketchy pass protection and an immobile QB. But now he is moving fine and scorching the league.

Noticed this and felt the same way, and was afraid it could serve as a governor to the offense’s upside.
Reply/Quote

I've been very happy to see Burrow's pocket mobility return. The subtle movements he was making against the Ravens to extend the play (the pass to Perine, for example) are incredible. Sometimes I wonder if Burrow has eyes in the back of his head haha. His knee probably isn't 100%, but it's definitely gotten better relative to week 1.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 09:00 AM)spazz70 Wrote: That is good because the Reds have not been relevant in the NL in a long time.
Smack
(10-30-2021, 10:08 AM)samhain Wrote: I mean, the Braves are the only active team right now, so he could have just warned them.  Seems intentionally obtuse, lol.
Wasted
(10-30-2021, 10:21 AM)grampahol Wrote: Wait, I'm confused here..Did Mixon say he was going to buy the Reds and turn them into the 26 Yankees or something?
Facepalm

Don't know how "league" autocorrected to NL!

Jerry
(10-30-2021, 12:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I've been very happy to see Burrow's pocket mobility return. The subtle movements he was making against the Ravens to extend the play (the pass to Perine, for example) are incredible. Sometimes I wonder if Burrow has eyes in the back of his head haha. His knee probably isn't 100%, but it's definitely gotten better relative to week 1.

I was kind of afraid that he'd have the problems Carson had where, for his first year, he'd be afraid to be mobile or even step into his throws when anyone was remotely close to his legs, but Burrow ain't no *****!

Hilarious

(Joking. No intended disrespect to Palmer.)

Burrow's mobility seems to be even better and he has great pocket awareness, which is great when you consider how shaky our offensive line has been (but they have been surprisingly better than expected). 

As it gets colder, I think we'll see more of Mixon and I think that will only help Burrow.

In all but one game, we've thrown on the first offensive play of the game and it usually results in the series ending in a punt and I think we need to come out running and establish control. We definitely need to do that next week against the Browns but I'd like to see it this week, too, just to establish control on the road.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 04:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We definitely need to do that next week against the Browns but I'd like to see it this week, too, just to establish control on the road.

Wait… we have to focus on the Jets first.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 05:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Wait… we have to focus on the Jets first.

Did you read the second half of the sentence?
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 06:09 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Did you read the second half of the sentence?

I did.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 06:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I did.

Ok. Were you being sarcastic or just reiterating my point?
Reply/Quote