Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opponents going forward....
(10-30-2021, 06:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Raiders seem tailor (taylor?) made for the Bengals.  Their strength on defense is their edge rushers who aren't overly speedy, but relentless (sound familiar?).  Their passing game relies on a lot of deep shots off play action that were jump balls that Waller won many times and that had some really bad CB play against guys like Ruggs that I don't see our guys giving up.  

They have a solid roster and a good offensive line, too, though, so they won't be a cupcake (especially on the road) but they won't be impossible, either.  

Good thing the Bengals have them coming off a bye.  

Pretty much agree with everything else you have said here.  Early in the season, it was said the Bengals might be favored in one or two games.  Right now, I can only see them NOT being favored against the Raiders (possibly) and the Chiefs (but they will have to start showing something). 

This three game road trip has allowed for a lot more home games down the stretch with only Vegas, Cleveland, and Denver for remaining road games after this weekend.  

The Chief's are an easier win this year than in the past. They have a suspect O line, their Defensive line gets little push, and they lead the league in turnovers. The thing is though, they put up points on offense, scoring 30 most games. Our offense is going to have to come out hot and keep up. I think our Oline can give Burrow plenty of time, and if we can get the lead, Mahommes will continue to try to force the ball. The consensus on Sirius is the Chief's have relied on Patrick too long and have not kept the rest of the team up to par.
Reply/Quote
So WTF happened in that Chargers/Ravens game?  I have seen the Ravens play 3 games this year and every time they got scorched for over 400 passing yards.  But some how they completely shut down a QB like Justin Herbert (195 yds, 67.8 passer rating second lowest of his career).

That game strikes me as an outlier.  I still see the Chargers as a very dangerous team.

They have to come here in December.  Maybe we will get lucky and it will be unseasonably cold.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 07:41 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Whatever happens, the rest of the games are going to be fun assuming no major injuries. So, it's good that one of my old laptops can stream the games well. Even if they continue the way they are, winning out seems extremely unlikely because they would lose to at least one team they are supposed to beat. Is anyone else way unimpressed with Lamar Jackson now? Didn't he run off the field last week instead of meeting Joe at mid field? And the Pittsburgh head coach is a thug. So, blowouts against those two at home would be very, very satisfying. The Browns most of the time play the Bengals tough even in their down years.

Truth on just enjoying the season, I expect us to have a good time. Honestly the hard part of the schedule to me has been the
Packersand Ravens and we almost beat the Pack. What is nice about beating down the Ravens like that is it makes them look like
they never have, that is what you are seeing with Lamar, he has never experienced that and it showed. I think the Browns might
beat us after the bye maybe and maybe the Raiders might beat us but right now that is about it. We will see.

I want to see what we do to the Jets. Cool
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So WTF happened in that Chargers/Ravens game?  I have seen the Ravens play 3 games this year and every time they got scorched for over 400 passing yards.  But some how they completely shut down a QB like Justin Herbert (195 yds, 67.8 passer rating second lowest of his career).

That game strikes me as an outlier.  I still see the Chargers as a very dangerous team.

They have to come here in December.  Maybe we will get lucky and it will be unseasonably cold.

Screw that. I hope they're healthy and it's unseasonably warm. Then the Bengals can beat their pants off and feel even better about it. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 04:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Screw that. I hope they're healthy and it's unseasonably warm. Then the Bengals can beat their pants off and feel even better about it. 

Yeah, I don't even care about weather advantages at this point. I want to see this team beat the shit out of teams simply cause
they are better. No excuse for not beating the Chargers who the Ravens beat down and we consequently beat the Ravens down.

We are at Home against the Chargers, the fans need to be the 12th man and we need to beat Herbert's azz more than any team.

It is Burrow against Herbert and we need to show who is the real new best young QB in the NFL. It is Smokin' Joe Burrow. Smirk
Reply/Quote