Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon-mystery tweet
It isn’t about COVID. Matter of fact he made a comment via Twitter how there is less risk playing in the NFL since everyone is constant being tested as opposed going to Target or Walmart and being exposed to people who aren’t tested. I hope it is a new contract.

️Primetime!!!
@Joe_MainMixon

Y’all don’t think it’s safer to be in an NFL facility around people that get tested everyday. Rather than being at home walking through target and Walmart with people that probably haven’t got tested. Just asking? If people actually are quarantining than I totally respect it.
11:25 AM - 1 Aug
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Most likely it's a contract because Shawn Williams mentioned it. I bet most of the team knows about the details.

That seems like bad business. Why would you know all about your coworkers contract situation?
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That seems like bad business. Why would you know all about your coworkers contract situation?

Perhaps Mixon asked a vet
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ok here’s the next one. Can someone that speaks Twitter translate please...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:25 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That seems like bad business. Why would you know all about your coworkers contract situation?

Because the only way to for two people to keep a secret is if one is dead lol.

I doubt it's easy to keep contract details secret while working with people everyday.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok here’s the next one. Can someone that speaks Twitter translate please...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:32 PM)Synric Wrote: Because the only way to for two people to keep a secret is if one is dead lol.

I doubt it's easy to keep contract details secret while working with people everyday.

I guess it’s different because my job isn’t going to publicly release my contract situation but I don’t go around discussing my salary and compensation with my coworkers...
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

lol. That guy in the video is Yung Joc.

42 Dugg did a video where they say "'for i go broke like Joc".

He says it right at the beginning.

Joe is just referencing this beef. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lol. That guy in the video is Yung Joc.

42 Dugg did a video where they say "'for i go broke like Joc".

He says it right at the beginning.

Joe is just referencing this beef. 

Thank you sir.

Reply/Quote
I'd say it goes one of two ways:
1) Contract
2) Sits out the year because of COVID
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:13 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It isn’t about COVID. Matter of fact he made a comment via Twitter how there is less risk playing in the NFL since everyone is constant being tested as opposed going to Target or Walmart and being exposed to people who aren’t tested. I hope it is a new contract.

️Primetime!!!
@Joe_MainMixon

Y’all don’t think it’s safer to be in an NFL facility around people that get tested everyday. Rather than being at home walking through target and Walmart with people that probably haven’t got tested. Just asking? If people actually are quarantining than I totally respect it.

To answer his question... No. No I don't.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 10:13 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It isn’t about COVID.  Matter of fact he made a comment via Twitter how there is less risk playing in the NFL since everyone is constant being tested as opposed going to Target or Walmart and being exposed to people who aren’t tested.  I hope it is a new contract.  

️Primetime!!!
@Joe_MainMixon

Wow, seems like I have heard that very argument before.....
Reply/Quote

Probably because they are friends and talk about it.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 08:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  I doubt he’d make a tweet like that if he was just getting ready to sign an extension.

Haven't you seen "Jerry McGuire"?  One of the hardest decision for any player to make is deciding to take the security of a long term deal or play another season to try and get a lot more.
Reply/Quote
Seems like almost every time a veteran gets a contract extension from theBengals it is finalized at the start of training camp.

2019 was the first time in his career that Mixon had stayed healthy enough to play 16 games. He is set to make $1.2 million on the final year of his rookie deal.  And next offseason there will be a bunch of big name RBs on the free agent market. Unless the Bengals are only offering peanuts Joe would be crazy to pass on a long term deal,  he would get a  huge chunk in his pocket immediately as a signing bonus.

4 year at $35 million woudl make him close to top five in RB salary.  But the Bengals have surprised me with the way they have overpaid some guys recently.
Reply/Quote
I think the real crux of the contract will be the guaranteed money. Even CMC and Derrick Henry came in less than Le'Veon and David Johnson in terms of guaranteed money, I believe, and both of those recent deals have team-friendly "outs" after a couple years.

The Bengals, in the past anyways, have held up to contracts that many teams would have released the player. I bet the contract comes in the 4 year- $40 million range and places him roughly 6th in the RB contracts categories. I think it would be prudent to pay him now as he could possibly get a lot more if he becomes a big threat in the passing game.

At least now the Bengals have some semblance as to the cap for next year.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 06:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He gonna sign a big contract, thats what that be...

I can't find out who represents WIlliams, but I wonder if they have the same agent?
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2020, 09:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Seems like almost every time a veteran gets a contract extension from theBengals it is finalized at the start of training camp.

2019 was the first time in his career that Mixon had stayed healthy enough to play 16 games. He is set to make $1.2 million onn the final year of his rookie deal.  And next offseason there will be a bunch of big name RBs on the free agent market. Unless they are only offering peanuts he would be crazy to pass on a long term deal,  he would get a  huge chunk in his pocket immediately as a signing bonus.

4 year at $35 million owul make him close to top five in RB salary.  But the Benals have surprised me with the way they have overpaid some guys recently.

If they are forward thinking, they also need to look at the amount of money the league is bleeding out right now, and figure that future contracts are going to take a hit.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2020, 07:46 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Switching to Geico?

WhoDey2 Safe driver's save 40%...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote