Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Mixon-mystery tweet
(08-05-2020, 08:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Mixon will be very important for the next year or two. It's going to be nice to have a bull back there while Burrow acclimates to the NFL and as we finally get a line established.....

So you mean next year?  Hilarious

Seriously though, I do hope Jonah, Jordan, Hart, and whoever at RG end up stepping up. However, there likely will be at least two of those positions that still won't be good enough by season's end and will (or should) be replaced with a new (better) player.

Luckily, the Bengals have plenty of good skill players and Burrow has mobility and can make good, accurate throws quickly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 11:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: So you mean next year?  Hilarious

Seriously though, I do hope Jonah, Jordan, Hart, and whoever at RG end up stepping up. However, there likely will be at least two of those positions that still won't be good enough by season's end and will (or should) be replaced with a new (better) player.

Luckily, the Bengals have plenty of good skill players and Burrow has mobility and can make good, accurate throws quickly.

I don't know when it will happen, but with a rookie QB and a questionable line, a RB like Mixon to rely on is very valuable.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 11:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Popeyes chicken sandwich > Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich. Don't @ me

There's something in the Popeye's chicken sandwich that makes me violently ill. No idea what because I didn't have any known food allergies but I have eaten it twice and while it was tasty, I got sick very quickly after both times. 

So now my mind is set firmly on Chick-Fil-A >>>>>> Popeye's sandwich because I can actually eat one. Hah

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Chick-Fil-A >>>>> Popeyes
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2020, 08:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: There's something in the Popeye's chicken sandwich that makes me violently ill. No idea what because I didn't have any known food allergies but I have eaten it twice and while it was tasty, I got sick very quickly after both times. 

So now my mind is set firmly on Chick-Fil-A >>>>>> Popeye's sandwich because I can actually eat one. Hah

I haven't tried the Popeye's new chicken sandwich, but now I don't want to. I LOVE Chick-Fil-A anyway. It would take one amazing Chicken sandwich for me to say "Chick-Fil-A < Unknown". Not to mention the seasonal Chicken Tortilla Soup. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm lol
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Chick-Fil-A >>>>> Popeyes

Chick-Fil-A is the best fast food place, imo. That’s some tasty damn chicken, and their employees put all other restaurants to shame.

This is surprisingly not far off. LOL

https://youtu.be/1tFt4T1YnCM

Reply/Quote
Looks like Joe is a reasonable guy. Says here that he's looking for $8M/per.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-mixon-reportedly-sets-reasonable-contract-price-in-extension-talks-with-bengals-team-eyeing-deal-in-camp/

Quote:Joe Mixon is apparently willing to play ball. No, not simply on the field for the Cincinnati Bengals, but also at the negotiating table heading into the 2020 season. The former second-round pick is entering the final season of a four-year, $5.45 million rookie deal and is set to make just $1.2 million in base salary, that is unless he and the team can agree to terms on an extension -- something they've long begun working toward. The good news for the Bengals is Mixon is reportedly not looking to reset the running back market or land anywhere near it, per Tyler Dragon of The Cincinnati Enquirer, but is instead open to signing a new contract that could easily be viewed as an absolute steal when also factoring in his production and value to the organization.

It's rumored Mixon is seeking only $8 million per year, and for perspective, that would make his second contract only $201,312 more expensive on average than Saquon Barkley's rookie contract, which averages $7.798 million annually. Considering Mixon is easily one of the best running backs in all of football, that's math the Bengals should jump all over.

This is especially true given the fact he's delivered 2,888 yards from scrimmage and 17 touchdowns in his last two seasons, despite being the entire focal point for opposing defenses as the Bengals floundered about due to poor quarterback play. Duke Tobin, the team's Director of Player Personnel, knows this all too well and isn't apt to see Mixon go strolling out of the door in the near future.

"Joe [Mixon] is an important part of our team," Tobin said on Monday when asked about his star halfback's negotiations. "He's a piece that we'd like to get extended and have around here a long time. Typically, our extensions have gotten done during camp at some point."

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Chick-Fil-A >>>>> Popeyes

I agree that Chick-Fil-A is very tasty, they always have friendly service and the cleanest place around.  Much cleaner than the dirty Popeye's that I've ventured into (2 of them were enough to convince me)

However, when I'm trying to get to work and need a quick bite, I'm not waiting in a line wrapped twice around the building to pay $4 for that small, little piece of chicken that they put on their biscuit.  Especially when I can get a very tasty, much more filling buttermilk chicken biscuit from Mc D's for just $2, and be back on the road in less than half the time..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 10:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like Joe is a reasonable guy.  Says here that he's looking for $8M/per.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/joe-mixon-reportedly-sets-reasonable-contract-price-in-extension-talks-with-bengals-team-eyeing-deal-in-camp/

$8 million a year sounds like a great deal.  But Mixon probably wants 5 year $40M with $25M guaranteed.  So they are just haggling over the details.

Based on his current contract situation I pretty much guarantee he will sign some sort of extension in the next few days.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: $8 million a year sounds like a great deal.  But Mixon probably wants 5 year $40M with $25M guaranteed.  So they are just haggling over the details.

Based on his current contract situation I pretty much guarantee he will sign some sort of extension in the next few days.

If they did it as an extension, and spread the guaranteed over 6 years, by giving him a nice bonus right now, it could still be a very amicable deal for both sides.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 10:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like Joe is a reasonable guy. Says here that he's looking for $8M/per.

Ok I can breathe again, thanks for the news. $8 mil/yr is reasonable, no reason the two sides shouldn’t be able to get something done if that’s what he’s asking. Years and structure could take time to work out but I feel a lot better about him staying and not killing the cap with this news
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 10:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like Joe is a reasonable guy.  Says here that he's looking for $8M/per.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 10:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: $8 million a year sounds like a great deal.  But Mixon probably wants 5 year $40M with $25M guaranteed.  So they are just haggling over the details.

(08-06-2020, 10:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If they did it as an extension, and spread the guaranteed over 6 years, by giving him a nice bonus right now, it could still be a very amicable deal for both sides.

I too think he'll get somewhere in the realm of 4-5 years, 45-50 mil and it will be spread throughout some of the cap this year, to ensure less is counted for future (or, they apparently can rollover at this point and use it next year).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2020, 09:22 AM)Takedown Wrote: I haven't tried the Popeye's new chicken sandwich, but now I don't want to. I LOVE Chick-Fil-A anyway. It would take one amazing Chicken sandwich for me to say "Chick-Fil-A < Unknown". Not to mention the seasonal Chicken Tortilla Soup. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

Rep.

That soup is amazing. I wish it wasn't seasonal because that's my jam. Ended up having to make some homemade a few months back because I was craving it but it's not in season. 

Reply/Quote

7th highest paid RB in the league (6th highest for those not on a 1-year deal)... "reasonable". Lol

Sorry, but RB is a bad position to put a ton of money into unless they're a truly special RB who can carry a team and Mixon simply isn't that type of RB. He's of the good-not-great variety.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 07:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Rep.

That soup is amazing. I wish it wasn't seasonal because that's my jam. Ended up having to make some homemade a few months back because I was craving it but it's not in season. 

It is! My wife is a great cook. She made crock pot Chicken Tortilla Soup. Stuff is addicting lol
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 07:15 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 7th highest paid RB in the league (6th highest for those not on a 1-year deal)... "reasonable". Lol

Sorry, but RB is a bad position to put a ton of money into unless they're a truly special RB who can carry a team and Mixon simply isn't that type of RB. He's of the good-not-great variety.

Belicheat said he was THE best back in the league. I don't know that I would say that, but he's easily top 5.....
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 07:15 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 7th highest paid RB in the league (6th highest for those not on a 1-year deal)... "reasonable". Lol

Leonard shitting on a Bengal.  What a shock!!!  Where is that stat about how he is not a good RB based on the starting line of scrimmage on his long runs?  LOL

Mixon is one of only 3 RBs to have at least 1100 yards each of the last two seasons and he has done it behind a garbage offensive line.  He is not asking for top 5 money.  He is just getting paid what he is worth.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 08:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Belicheat said he was THE best back in the league. I don't know that I would say that, but he's easily top 5.....

Bill Belichick is great at many things in the NFL, but I don't think RBs is one of those.

Patriots RB Draft History (Since 2000)
Damien Harris (3rd), 2018
Sony Michel (2nd), 2017
James White (4th), 2014
Shane Vereen (2nd), 2011
Stevan Ridley (3rd), 2011
Justise Hairston (6th), 2007
Laurence Maroney (1st), 2006
Cedric Cobbs (4th), 2004
Antwoine Womack (7th), 2002
JR Redmond (3rd), 2000

It's not a very impressive list for a 20 draft sample size.

He also dedicated $9.9m in cap space to the RB trio of Michel/Burkhead/White last year and has only had 5 1,000 yard rusher seasons in his 20 years in New England and only 3 in the 15 seasons since Corey Dillon in 2004.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2020, 09:21 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bill Belichick is great at many things in the NFL, but I don't think RBs is one of those.

Patriots RB Draft History (Since 2000)
Damien Harris (3rd), 2018
Sony Michel (2nd), 2017
James White (4th), 2014
Shane Vereen (2nd), 2011
Stevan Ridley (3rd), 2011
Justise Hairston (6th), 2007
Laurence Maroney (1st), 2006
Cedric Cobbs (4th), 2004
Antwoine Womack (7th), 2002
JR Redmond (3rd), 2000

It's not a very impressive list for a 20 draft sample size.

He also dedicated $9.9m in cap space to the RB trio of Michel/Burkhead/White last year and has only had 5 1,000 yard rusher seasons in his 20 years in New England and only 3 in the 15 seasons since Corey Dillon in 2004.

Having Brady throwing to your receivers might have something to do with lower yardages in the run game....
Reply/Quote